PDA

View Full Version : SMCTNR - SMC Thursday Night Ride

Pages : [1] 2 3

motorbyclist
19th February 2009, 13:42
Who's keen?

Leave BP kumeu at 7:00pm, head north, stop at the lookout before wellsford, and come back via the new toll (free) motorway to meet the ATNR guys at bar africa about 9 pm. If we get bored with the new motorway we can always take the old route through waiwera.

Betterer than the ATNR cause they'll have drawn all the police attention, leaving us to cruise uninterrupted :niceone:

On every week of semester, weather dependant, (http://www.metservice.co.nz/public/maps/rain-forecast-3-day.html) and you must be able to maintain 100kph on the motorway.

The ride operates on Real time + 10 minutes tops - the collective shall have little patience for those who are disorganised, including myself. We've moved the time to 6:30 to account for late lectures but no later!

Folcan
19th February 2009, 14:14
haha nvm I read the title..

I cant make it I have to go to a dive shop im doing my diving this weekend

PirateJafa
19th February 2009, 16:08
No. Needed moar warning - i.e. before I hit the booze.

macros87
19th February 2009, 17:30
YOU BASTARD! I REALLY NEEDED A GOOD RIDE AND YOU GIVE ME AN HOURS NOTICE!! i only just got home, mmm will be next time i guess....

motorbyclist
19th February 2009, 17:47
well no-one turned up and the roads were nice and dry - remembered i was meant to pick up my glasses from the optometrist so decided to save my money for paeroa this weekend and went home via the atnr

i see the atnr also needs some HTFU pills cause there was no-one there....

next week then!

motorbyclist
19th February 2009, 17:49
btw BP kumeu has a nice new shiny air pump thing - the GOOD sort that people don't run over.

macros87
19th February 2009, 18:16
is that the one we went to have my tyres pumped and couldnt figure out wtf was going on? ohh whats the new motorway like? all nice and even without imprefections just ready to speed on? :)

zzzbang
19th February 2009, 20:06
the motorways nice and smooth, but on windy days its not too nice, wind comes through that gorge like crazy.

motorbyclist
19th February 2009, 21:12
is that the one we went to have my tyres pumped and couldnt figure out wtf was going on?

yep

ohh whats the new motorway like? all nice and even without imprefections just ready to speed on? :)

well you'll just have to come next thursday and see :P

macros87
19th February 2009, 22:01
so the pump is shiny... but do the gauges work now? cos if not... then theres no real point now is there in replacing the danmed thing.... next thursday? same time? id be keen. depending on the weather of course cos apparently this week will be shit.

motorbyclist
19th February 2009, 22:40
yep pump worked fine, told me my pressures were bang on which matched up with my tyre-kicking test and means i have lost no air since last filling up :woohoo:

same time, same place unless we start running out of daylight

ital916
20th February 2009, 03:28
is that the one we went to have my tyres pumped and couldnt figure out wtf was going on? ohh whats the new motorway like? all nice and even without imprefections just ready to speed on? :)

beautiful mate, you could average 180 and not hit a bump. there is also a great loooking bridge you ride under.

nallac
20th February 2009, 06:55
yip the new motorway is just right for finding your top speed out, pity theres been lots of cops along there.

Slyer
20th February 2009, 07:50
beautiful mate, you could average 180 and not hit a bump. there is also a great loooking bridge you ride under.
A scary looking bridge!
It's at the end of my Dad's road but it's blocked off by a gate, it's all gravel by then anyway. I remember riding my push bike with a mate all the way along there years ago, ended up in Waiwera after jumping a few fences. ;)

macros87
20th February 2009, 08:16

Sweet, always nice when new smooth roads pop out of nowhere (not that it did pop out of nowhere but i never go around there so its only just caught my attention.)

yip the new motorway is just right for finding your top speed out, pity theres been lots of cops along there.

i guess it is a shame, but that knowledge will keep us from doing really stupid things incase they are cops around (dnt worry i left room for doing stupid things just not really stupid)

yep pump worked fine, told me my pressures were bang on which matched up with my tyre-kicking test and means i have lost no air since last filling up :woohoo:

same time, same place unless we start running out of daylight

sweet just keep me posted for any changes and ill most likely make it...

tyre pressure testing?! i have to do that aswell? fck! there is far too many things to keep an eye on bikes.. im sure with cars you just leave em alone untill..... oh yeah untill they break that would be the difference..

motorbyclist
20th February 2009, 19:00
tyre pressure testing?! i have to do that aswell? fck! there is far too many things to keep an eye on bikes.. im sure with cars you just leave em alone untill..... oh yeah untill they break that would be the difference..

well it pays to keep an eye on them... and i was waiting at the bp for 15 minutes so really didn't have much else to do

i find my 1330cc car runs a bit better with pumped up tyres;)

macros87
21st February 2009, 18:23
i find my 1330cc car runs a bit better with pumped up tyres;)

ahhhhh shut yo face! you car cant even take a lil weight on the left side without going all funny...

motorbyclist
22nd February 2009, 23:57
plugged the SMCTNR into the fancy new social group event calender :D

ahhhhh shut yo face! you car cant even take a lil weight on the left side without going all funny...

you two were heavy bastards! probably should've increased the pressure to accommodate for it

motorbyclist
23rd February 2009, 10:50
ah shit can't actually make it this thursday

shingo
23rd February 2009, 11:37
This thread needs the title changed.

motorbyclist
23rd February 2009, 13:16
i've been waiting for squigs to get onto it... of course i keep forgetting to tell him to.

what i'll do instead is put up a proper thread which he can just sticky

macros87
23rd February 2009, 15:55
so you are planning weekly thursday rides now?

motorbyclist
23rd February 2009, 16:05
yeah, but can't promise i'll make all of them though

we got the name change but no sticky?

macros87
23rd February 2009, 16:27
why cant you make it? i heard promises of rides on said coming thursday night from one andrew petty... is you word worth nothing?

motorbyclist
23rd February 2009, 17:34
i've since been reminded i have a work function to attend (free drinks!)

have updated the main post with the new plan

PirateJafa
23rd February 2009, 18:13
Can't we make it like a 6:30 departure? Some of us have lectures that finish at 6pm. :doh:

Ixion
23rd February 2009, 18:44
It's SMC time, right? So 6:30 actually means roll at 9:30 ?

motorbyclist
23rd February 2009, 18:58
Can't we make it like a 6:30 departure? Some of us have lectures that finish at 6pm. :doh:

fair enough

let's hope SMC time doesn't affect this one too badly - Squiggles very rarely actually rides his bikes so we don't have to worry too much on that front

motorbyclist
23rd February 2009, 19:01
the ride shall run on Real time + 10 minutes tops - the collective shall have little patience for those who are disorganised, including myself. we've moved the time to 6:30 to account for late lectures but no later!

remember, starting NEXT week (cause i can't make this week)

macros87
23rd February 2009, 19:04
well atleast ppl seem keen, and yeah you need to adjust time for jafa, it has been a while since his last broken limb, next one is due any day so he gets a ride in before it happens. which reminds me didnt your vfr get taken out by some newb on a hyo? what are you riding now?

macros87
23rd February 2009, 19:06
the ride shall run on Real time + 10 minutes tops - the collective shall have little patience for those who are disorganised, including myself. we've moved the time to 6:30 to account for late lectures but no later!

remember, starting NEXT week (cause i can't make this week)

only ten!? oh man it looks like i will miss many a ride...

Ragingrob
23rd February 2009, 19:21
well atleast ppl seem keen, and yeah you need to adjust time for jafa, it has been a while since his last broken limb, next one is due any day so he gets a ride in before it happens. which reminds me didnt your vfr get taken out by some newb on a hyo? what are you riding now?

Another VFR! Of course :yes:

macros87
23rd February 2009, 19:37
silly me! what was i thinking! isnt it hard to find a decent working condition vfr for sale? seems like everyone is just buying them!

Ragingrob
23rd February 2009, 19:43
silly me! what was i thinking! isnt it hard to find a decent working condition vfr for sale? seems like everyone is just buying them!

Haha when you get a solid several grand from insurance it makes things that little bit easier :p

Squiggles
23rd February 2009, 20:37
fair enough

let's hope SMC time doesn't affect this one too badly - Squiggles very rarely actually rides his bikes so we don't have to worry too much on that front

starting NEXT week (cause i can't make this week)

So you'll be starting a week late then :laugh:

motorbyclist
23rd February 2009, 21:33
Haha when you get a solid several grand from insurance it makes things that little bit easier :p

several? try seven, with which to buy a mint viffer, a full aftermarket system, and get some mint service to boot

So you'll be starting a week late then :laugh:

well atleast i'm changing plans now, not 1 hour beforehand:Pokey:

and i'm not late if i postpone the event :bleh:

Hanne
24th February 2009, 09:22
and i'm not late if i postpone the event :bleh:

I must try that line next time my clocks and real time have a tiff...

Morcs
24th February 2009, 11:31
So all you guys too scared to do the ATNR most weeks? or just too slow :P

motorbyclist
24th February 2009, 11:35

I have 70 demerits, and the cops are waiting for you every bloody week!

so too scared, makes me too slow, and you guys have really mellowed out since I first went on the ATNR; too many straight roads!

Squiggles
24th February 2009, 11:49

We just dont like you :Pokey:

PirateJafa
24th February 2009, 11:58
We have this strange attraction to, y'know, corners.

Corners are fun.

Morcs
24th February 2009, 12:00
I have 70 demerits, and the cops are waiting for you every bloody week!

so too scared, makes me too slow, and you guys have really mellowed out since I first went on the ATNR; too many straight roads!

I have 90.

In over 100 ATNR's ive only walked twice.

motorbyclist
24th February 2009, 12:56
I have 90.

In over 100 ATNR's ive only walked twice.

unfortunately for me, walking is not an option...

and i like my insurance premiums low, thanks ;)

PirateJafa
24th February 2009, 13:56
Don't worry Andrew, if you lose your license, I'm sure the SMC will band together to buy you some transport get to uni.

I vote unicycle.

Morcs
24th February 2009, 14:39
unfortunately for me, walking is not an option...

and i like my insurance premiums low, thanks ;)

Likewise. My point is, lots of ATNRs, and only been done when being very stupid.
1 x 172kph. 1 x overtaking on double yellows at 133, in the wet, with a pillion riding a thou on a restricted.

You can still ride a decent pace without getting done. the cops dont do you for no reason.

motorbyclist
24th February 2009, 15:18
Likewise. My point is, lots of ATNRs, and only been done when being very stupid.
1 x 172kph. 1 x overtaking on double yellows at 133, in the wet, with a pillion riding a thou on a restricted.

You can still ride a decent pace without getting done. the cops dont do you for no reason.

wasn't it the atnr where they pinged you guys riding past then held you at a checkpoint afterwards?

the atnr where the ginga cop has made his name?

they're out there, every thursday, with the implied intent to ping you guys for breaking the road rules. now i do tend to ride within the posted limits, but do get somewhat paranoid when riding and that really ruins it for me, especially out riverhead way where i'm never quite sure if it's a 70, 80 or 100 k zone...

besides, my brother lost his licence going from a 70k zone to a 50k zone, and the guilty until proven innocent system left him without a licence without a chance to contest it before walking home.

macros87
24th February 2009, 20:59
wasn't it the atnr where they pinged you guys riding past then held you at a checkpoint afterwards?

the atnr where the ginga cop has made his name?

they're out there, every thursday, with the implied intent to ping you guys for breaking the road rules. now i do tend to ride within the posted limits, but do get somewhat paranoid when riding and that really ruins it for me, especially out riverhead way where i'm never quite sure if it's a 70, 80 or 100 k zone...

besides, my brother lost his licence going from a 70k zone to a 50k zone, and the guilty until proven innocent system left him without a licence without a chance to contest it before walking home.

well it being david... his guilt is kind of a given... specially on that r6.

motorbyclist
24th February 2009, 22:59
well it being david... his guilt is kind of a given... specially on that r6.

that was back on his 250 spada!

to be fair he was pinged doing 98kph having held his speed from the 70kph zone, but the cop was (in my opinion) too close to the change, hiding around the immediate corner. unfortunately he pinged enough speed to take the licence rather than just a fine, but there would have/should have been a ticket either way

motorbyclist
2nd March 2009, 18:21
It's on this thursday!

macros87
5th March 2009, 12:07
we still doing this?

motorbyclist
5th March 2009, 13:53
hell no!

postpwned

PirateJafa
5th March 2009, 15:26
Yeah.

Otherwise Andrew might have to do some riding, rather'n just talking about it. ;)

macros87
5th March 2009, 15:44
Yeah.

Otherwise Andrew might have to do some riding, rather'n just talking about it. ;)

ohhh no we wouldnt want that!

motorbyclist
7th March 2009, 14:56
shit, now that would be a scary thought

macros87
7th March 2009, 16:03
and after yesterday when you had your one dry spot... you might not risk this whole riding business ever again!

motorbyclist
9th March 2009, 16:27
nah just do it on the sunny days:rolleyes:

motorbyclist
11th March 2009, 14:46
on tomorrow weather permitting

macros87
11th March 2009, 17:35
has been getting shitty in the afternoon, only just to instantaneously to turn to a great day the moment you pull back into your driveway.. might be a hardcall, hopefully its easy as... whats the forecast?

motorbyclist
11th March 2009, 21:46
borderline/unpredictable

but it shouldn't be too bad - remember it tends to rain out west regardless of the weather elsewhere

macros87
11th March 2009, 22:00
i disagree it was raining in the city today while we were having a nice day out west (nice by nz standards)

motorbyclist
11th March 2009, 22:47
it rained in the city today? must've been during my four fruitless hours in the ece labs

Ixion
11th March 2009, 22:53
It did. heavily.

motorbyclist
12th March 2009, 15:14
see you guys soon!

PirateJafa
12th March 2009, 16:00
Bah, still waiting for the lecture to finish start. C'moooon.

Text me where you're going and I'll probably have to play catch up.

motorbyclist
12th March 2009, 16:43
we leave at 6:30 just specially for those with 6pm finishes - NO EXCUSES

and you'd know where we are going if you read the first post

weather looks good from here

macros87
12th March 2009, 17:01
we leave at 6:30 just specially for those with 6pm finishes - NO EXCUSES

and you'd know where we are going if you read the first post

weather looks good from here

i forgot this shit was even on, but see you soon!

Slyer
12th March 2009, 17:29
I hear rain! Eheheh

Squiggles
12th March 2009, 17:36
Well i fail (forgot and rode home instead lol)

Ragingrob
12th March 2009, 18:06
Well i fail (forgot and rode home instead lol)

Do you often ride outside the radius of uni, Hanne's, and yours Stephen?

Squiggles
12th March 2009, 19:21
Do you often ride outside the radius of uni, Hanne's, and yours Stephen?

Well the DR keeps clocking up k's so i must, you just never turn up :yes:

Ragingrob
12th March 2009, 19:58
Well the DR keeps clocking up k's so i must, you just never turn up :yes:

Too many trips to and from uni me thinks! Turn up? Mate you missed out on the mintest coro ever! Just to go on a ride down the motorway :girlfight:.

Actually we went on the ride after the westpac one had finished anyway!

Squiggles
12th March 2009, 21:00
Too many trips to and from uni me thinks! Turn up? Mate you missed out on the mintest coro ever! Just to go on a ride down the motorway :girlfight:.

Actually we went on the ride after the westpac one had finished anyway!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Port+Waikato&daddr=raglan,+new+zealand+to:Bridal+Veil+Falls+to: Maungatawhiri+Rd+to:Rotowaro+Rd+to:-37.952861,174.903717+to:Kawhia,+Waikato,+New+Zeala nd&hl=en&geocode=%3B%3B%3BFR2cvv0d6JZsCg%3BFcjhwf0d0qVuCg%3 B%3B&mra=dpe&mrcr=2&mrsp=5&sz=11&via=3,4,5&rtol=0,1,2,3,4,6&sll=-37.985881,174.991608&sspn=0.233793,0.328903&ie=UTF8&ll=-37.666429,174.943542&spn=0.939226,1.315613&z=9

Bet ya dont come ;)

Slyer
12th March 2009, 21:05
Ayyyy, when are you doing that?

shingo
12th March 2009, 21:34
That map is mightily messed up, it has back tracks all over the place.

If you do it on a weekday (not likely i know) i'll come.

motorbyclist
12th March 2009, 21:41
those are some mint roads out raglan way!

motorbyclist
12th March 2009, 21:43
SO, for those of you who didn't come, we didn't see a drop of rain and had a very enjoyable, trouble free ride, ending with beers, chips and nachos at bar africa:bleh:

about 160km from kumeu to albany

looking forward to next time, though as cool as the new tunnel is we might take the old route through those mean hills via waiwera

Ragingrob
12th March 2009, 22:06
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Port+Waikato&daddr=raglan,+new+zealand+to:Bridal+Veil+Falls+to: Maungatawhiri+Rd+to:Rotowaro+Rd+to:-37.952861,174.903717+to:Kawhia,+Waikato,+New+Zeala nd&hl=en&geocode=%3B%3B%3BFR2cvv0d6JZsCg%3BFcjhwf0d0qVuCg%3 B%3B&mra=dpe&mrcr=2&mrsp=5&sz=11&via=3,4,5&rtol=0,1,2,3,4,6&sll=-37.985881,174.991608&sspn=0.233793,0.328903&ie=UTF8&ll=-37.666429,174.943542&spn=0.939226,1.315613&z=9

Bet ya dont come ;)

Maybe cause ya don't invite me mate! It's not counted if you just go riding by yourself. :spanking:

Anyway, I'd like to see you start from Port Waikato without having to get there first!

macros87
12th March 2009, 22:36
but dude the new tool highway is so nice... that is the smoothest road ive ever been on, and riding in the tunnel had a sweet eco! but yeah i had a lot of fun falling behind and taking corners at my own pace (totally one hundred percent serious really had fun :) more people should have come... i bet the atnr people were looking down on us... all 3 of us.. had it been any less of us it would have been a man date.. get it together people show up to the rides :P

motorbyclist
12th March 2009, 22:40
but dude the new tool highway is so nice... that is the smoothest road ive ever been on, and riding in the tunnel had a sweet eco! but yeah i had a lot of fun falling behind and taking corners at my own pace (totally one hundred percent serious really had fun :) more people should have come... i bet the atnr people were looking down on us... all 3 of us.. had it been any less of us it would have been a man date.. get it together people show up to the rides :P

there was four of us on the ride, just 3 at the bar.

mind you, we didn't see much of the other two after i went to the tail end - 110kph is fast enough

toml88
12th March 2009, 22:45
Awesome ride thanks guys. Will make it to the bar next time.

piratejafa - thanks for the human radar detection and sorry about the n00bness.

motorbyclist
12th March 2009, 22:47
NC30 guy

piratejafa

toml88
12th March 2009, 22:50
Fixt. You going to 370 in the AM?

macros87
12th March 2009, 22:54
yeah i hope to see you at the bar nxt time man!

toml88
12th March 2009, 22:57
See you there next week i guess ;)

macros87
12th March 2009, 23:03
See you there next week i guess ;)

that's the spirit... hope it rubs off on everyone!

Slyer
12th March 2009, 23:23
I SHALL BE HERE FOR THIS RIDE NEXT WEEK
See you all there, need to extend this Kawasaki majority. ;)

shingo
12th March 2009, 23:42
I'll turn in that case, make the numbers even again.

gavjn
12th March 2009, 23:57
im keen as to go out next time but have no idea where kumeu is (if we leave from there again) so is it possible 2 follow sum1 from uni or sumthin? surely theres gota b sum1 else whos as shit with directions as me lol

PirateJafa
13th March 2009, 07:25
I'll be leaving uni as soon as my lecture finishes at 6pm again, if you want to follow someone.

Good fooking ride, beat the shit out of the ATNR, look forward to doing it again. :niceone:

Real_Wolf
13th March 2009, 08:14
I'd go, but.... no bike

Squiggles
13th March 2009, 08:32
Maybe cause ya don't invite me mate! It's not counted if you just go riding by yourself. :spanking:

Im going on Sunday, consider this an invite :nod:

Ragingrob
13th March 2009, 10:26
Im going on Sunday, consider this an invite :nod:

Consider this a:

Bring it on!

:yes:

macros87
13th March 2009, 10:35
I SHALL BE HERE FOR THIS RIDE NEXT WEEK
See you all there, need to extend this Kawasaki majority. ;)
yeah dude if it wasn't for tom my ninja would have been quiet lonely there! hondas would have been taking over again!

Squiggles
13th March 2009, 10:51
Consider this a:

Bring it on!

Lololol, you have no idea what you're in for.

Slyer
13th March 2009, 11:03
Is this ride GPXable?

Squiggles
13th March 2009, 11:04
Is this ride GPXable?

I think so (never done it before)

Ragingrob
13th March 2009, 11:06
Lololol, you have no idea what you're in for.

Meh Suzuki will probably break down before you make it to my place :jerry:

Slyer
13th March 2009, 11:11
All sealed roads?

Ragingrob
13th March 2009, 11:13
All sealed roads?

I don't think Squiggles even knows! Don't worry I'll stick with ya.

Slyer
13th March 2009, 11:22
Okay keen as then.
If the VFR can do it the GPX can!

Ragingrob
13th March 2009, 11:29
Okay keen as then.
If the VFR can do it the GPX can!

As long as the rider of the VFR isn't toooo hungover from the 21st on Sat :yawn:

OMG watching that emoticon yawn made me yawn, dammit!

Squiggles
13th March 2009, 11:32
As long as the rider of the VFR isn't toooo hungover from the 21st on Sat :yawn:

Is that the begining of a cop out? :laugh:

Ragingrob
13th March 2009, 11:36
Is that the begining of a cop out? :laugh:

Well if you're planning the ride at 8am, yes!

Anyway, we've kinda gone slightly off-topic. Although Sunday is pretty much the same as Thursday, really, if you think about it... Somehow.

Cya at the chiller at 3pm punk!

Slyer
13th March 2009, 11:51
When is your ride squiggly? This weekend or next?

Ragingrob
13th March 2009, 12:04
I'm assuming this weekend. Although I'm also in a philosphy class atm, assumptions may always be argued.

EDIT - I presume

Slyer
13th March 2009, 12:23
What's the different between presuming and assuming?

Ragingrob
13th March 2009, 12:34
What's the different between presuming and assuming?

pre新ume (pr-zm)
v. pre新umed, pre新um搏ng, pre新umes
v.tr.
1. To take for granted as being true in the absence of proof to the contrary: We presumed she was innocent.
2. To constitute reasonable evidence for assuming; appear to prove: A signed hotel bill presumes occupancy of a room.
3. To venture without authority or permission; dare: He presumed to invite himself to dinner.
v.intr.
1. To act overconfidently; take liberties.
2. To take unwarranted advantage of something; go beyond the proper limits: Don't presume on their hospitality.
3. To take for granted that something is true or factual; suppose: That's the new assistant, I presume.

as新ume (-sm)
tr.v. as新umed, as新um搏ng, as新umes
1. To take upon oneself: assume responsibility; assume another's debts.
2. To undertake the duties of (an office): assumed the presidency.
3. To take on; adopt: "The god assumes a human form" John Ruskin.
4. To put on; don: The queen assumed a velvet robe.
5. To affect the appearance or possession of; feign.
6. To take for granted; suppose: assumed that prices would rise. See Synonyms at presume.
7. To take over without justification; seize: assume control.
8. To take up or receive into heaven.

Pretty much, assume supposes something to be the case, without proof.
Presume supposes that something is the case on the basis of probability; take for granted that something exists or is the case.

macros87
13th March 2009, 14:03
hey are this the guys we rode past yesterday? http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1978939#post1978939 the point they placed on the map seems about right... but it seems the guy got really hurt, i didnt think it was that bad, which is why im not entirely sure its the same accident...

gavjn
13th March 2009, 16:22
think i must have missd sumthin but is there a ride happening this sunday?
or is it not really an open thing, coz im pretty keen...

Ragingrob
13th March 2009, 18:24
think i must have missd sumthin but is there a ride happening this sunday?
or is it not really an open thing, coz im pretty keen...

Ha that's awesome! Squiggles and I and maybe Slyer are thinking of heading down sh22 raglan way and perhaps further on depending on gravel amount etc... Don't think we want a big group or anything but I'm sure you can jump in on the fun! PM Squiggles and he'll give ya the details when he's decided them.

gavjn
13th March 2009, 23:38
lol aparntly my post count isnt high enuf to PM :(
email is graemezxturner@gmail.com
or txt on 02102784138

dont think il b able 2 make the thursday ride so keen
as for sunday :D

Danae
16th March 2009, 23:26
Sup, there's a Thursday night ride on this week I hear. Just want to glean some more info about it, hopefully get some more newbs other than myself into it. Also good to publicly organise it a couple of days in advance? XD Lol I dunno.

zzzbang
16th March 2009, 23:41
il be there this week too :scooter:

DIN PELENDA
16th March 2009, 23:44
Sup, there's a Thursday night ride on this week I hear. Just want to glean some more info about it, hopefully get some more newbs other than myself into it. Also good to publicly organise it a couple of days in advance? XD Lol I dunno.

Come to SATNR .

xwhatsit
16th March 2009, 23:47
Are you going to pillion?

I thought the plan was to do a few hundred kilometres at the very least.

Is that the map Steve was looking at on his CrapBook at Strata?

I won't be there anyway, because a) I'm the SMC's least sociable member and b) the ex is having her birthday.

Slyer
17th March 2009, 07:46
Oh look there's a whole thread, riiiiight here:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=92928

motorbyclist
17th March 2009, 19:04
Come to SATNR .

SMCTNR!

Oh look there's a whole thread, riiiiight here:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=92928

ah, the joys of a search (or scroll down) function

if squigs would be so kind as to merge the two threads...

EDIT: chur

macros87
18th March 2009, 22:13
cant come tomorrow sadly, my clutch is getting some luvin from the mechanics.. thing is worn as fuck so bout time, hopefully next week, or maybe it rains heavily so i don't miss out!

Slyer
19th March 2009, 09:24
Please weather be good.

shingo
19th March 2009, 09:46
We'll blame macros if ain't since he wished it upon us.

Ragingrob
19th March 2009, 09:48
Apparently it's meant to clear up by this evening :niceone:

shingo
19th March 2009, 09:50
It's already clearing up now out west.

zzzbang
19th March 2009, 10:45
weather will be good http://www.metservice.co.nz/public/maps/rain-forecast-3-day.html, see you guys at bp kumeu?

Ragingrob
19th March 2009, 10:46
I wish, damn work!

macros87
19th March 2009, 11:29
We'll blame macros if ain't since he wished it upon us.

aaahhh and i thought i had gotten away with my ill wishing too when it was pouring this morning... day looks great now... ahh sucks for me, you guys have a good time

motorbyclist
19th March 2009, 12:14
weather will be good http://www.metservice.co.nz/public/maps/rain-forecast-3-day.html, see you guys at bp kumeu?

yep

bloody weather - had i left 5 minutes earlier i would've been dry the whole trip, rather than in the worst of it the whole way

zzzbang
19th March 2009, 12:24
hah yea, lucky i took the car, on the motorway started to rain baad, almost couldnt see with he wipers on full power

Slyer
19th March 2009, 12:39
Arrived at work just before the rain. Yusss

zzzbang
19th March 2009, 16:04
im gna head off to kumeu now.. cyas there

motorbyclist
19th March 2009, 16:50
im gna head off to kumeu now.. cyas there

does it really take that long to get there?

ehab2weelr
19th March 2009, 20:51
mean ride boys.... loved it.....

ahahah

Slyer
19th March 2009, 21:26
Well we finished the ride with half the people we started with, but was fun. :bleh:

motorbyclist
19th March 2009, 21:30
only cause some noobs confused roadworks with checkpoint and rode all the way from warkworth back to wellsford, instead of sending a legal rider ahead to scope it out first:rolleyes:

another good ride nonetheless

will put up pics shortly in first post on this thread

Slyer
19th March 2009, 21:35
Is what I was thinking...
Jafa should have just sent Shaun to the end of the backed up traffic to check, and then texted the all clear etc.
:slap:
The fact that the traffic was not moving at all as opposed to slowly was also a clue.
Christ Jafa use your head, or did you just really want McDonalds? :p

motorbyclist
19th March 2009, 21:37
woot that pic was the 1000th one taken with my camera!

(and surely it was less of a detour to return my bag to me at the bar in albany than my place out west)

shingo
19th March 2009, 21:57
Well we got to enjoy the ride back down sh16, better than going down sh1.

Plus i was the one who returned your bag, your place is on my way home.

Ragingrob
19th March 2009, 22:05
Damn you all! :2guns:

PirateJafa
19th March 2009, 22:10
Yeah, we were hungry, and actually wanted to ride back down SH16 anyway - instead of those boring straight roads. :P

Jeez Andrew, first you turn up late, then you try to finish up the ride early. ;)

macros87
20th March 2009, 15:10
Yeah, we were hungry, and actually wanted to ride back down SH16 anyway - instead of those boring straight roads. :P

Jeez Andrew, first you turn up late, then you try to finish up the ride early. ;)

was andrew late? i thought rules stipulated leaving anyone with bad time management skills behind? so what happened why did people go missing? did i miss a fun ride :(?

motorbyclist
21st March 2009, 00:53
lol slyer has the first bin of the SMCTNR - and no one noticed :laugh:

i was running late anyway, then had to wait 5 minutes at a train crossing for ONE train, which we then passed not even half way to helensville

Slyer
21st March 2009, 08:43
Only because I got sick of waiting for you guys to catch up. :whistle:

macros87
21st March 2009, 10:02
oh that sucks, is the gpx alright? are you ok? what happened?

Slyer
22nd March 2009, 09:57
It was just a drop, zero damage.

PirateJafa
22nd March 2009, 11:55
It was just a drop, zero damage.
Zero "new" damage.

Slyer
22nd March 2009, 12:24
I don't believe that needed to be qualified but thanks. :innocent:

macros87
23rd March 2009, 17:55
no damage = didn't happen

PirateJafa
24th March 2009, 11:43
Forecast for this week is for miiiiint weather. Bring eet!

macros87
24th March 2009, 12:52
lets hope i have my bike back before thursday afternoon then :)

motorbyclist
24th March 2009, 14:07
sticky this thread!

motorbyclist
24th March 2009, 22:46
wheee! sticky thread!

:woohoo:

^ he isn't celebrating; he's trying to escape

zzzbang
26th March 2009, 14:05
I better not be the only one showing up this afternoon.. awfully quiet in this thread :wait:

Ragingrob
26th March 2009, 14:13
I wish I was coming :no:

PirateJafa
26th March 2009, 14:59
Danae, myself and Shaun'll be thar.

macros87
26th March 2009, 15:25
i just my bike back with its brand spanking new clutch... but not sure if i can make it yet, would it be all the way to wellsford and back?

motorbyclist
26th March 2009, 15:49
yes it will be the full loop

and yes i'll be there

macros87
26th March 2009, 15:53
i cant find my other glove :(

Slyer
26th March 2009, 15:54
I won't be.

macros87
26th March 2009, 16:09
I won't be.

oh why not! are you really gonna let my lil kawa be the minority again?

Slyer
26th March 2009, 16:18
Bike in bits... :bleh:
The ER6 guy might be there.

Danae
26th March 2009, 16:21
Alrighty see you guys there!

macros87
26th March 2009, 16:25
Bike in bits... :bleh:
The ER6 guy might be there.

fine but dnt let it happen again :) next week for you?

Alrighty see you guys there!

dont you have a scooter? how big is it?

motorbyclist
26th March 2009, 16:29
lol kawasucky in bits because the electrics fail...

meanwhile my honda has such an awesome electrical system that the plastic around switches and 15A fuses can't keep up :first:

macros87
26th March 2009, 16:30
lol kawasucky in bits because the electrics fail...

meanwhile my honda has such an awesome electrical system that the plastic around switches and 15A fuses can't keep up :first:

yeah awesome electrics that make you incapable of using low beam , so you go blinding people at rides :P

motorbyclist
26th March 2009, 16:33
low beam is all good since i de-melted it... clearly the plastic around teh switch isn't manly enough to handle the honda V4 powah!

PS: so how's the new clutch? did they check the cam chain tensioner? cam chain? fork seals? rocker cover seal? bolts securing the airbox onto the carbies?:Pokey:

macros87
26th March 2009, 16:34
i always thought of plastic as asexual... unless wrapped around a scooter... so you are saying honda uses gay plastics?

macros87
26th March 2009, 16:35
ive become a highway biker! and just in time too...

motorbyclist
26th March 2009, 16:53
i always thought of plastic as asexual... unless wrapped around a scooter... so you are saying honda uses gay plastics?

it depends on the colour:bleh:

isn't your bike mostly plastic too?

Real_Wolf
26th March 2009, 17:47
Did they drop metal shards into your oil?

Also, my bike had almost no plastic on it. Just solid steel

PirateJafa
26th March 2009, 22:37
Well, another successful ride.

Oh wait, or not. :rolleyes:

Ride ended up with the tail-end charlie (me) and Shaun leading the ride, trying to "catch up" to the rest of the pack who were were meant to be 45 minutes behind.

Little did we know that the ride, thanks to Goldilocks, was even further behind schedule in turn, and so we were just pulling further and further away from them as we "caught up".

Ended up at Bar Africa around three quarters of an hour before the nubs arrive. :niceone:

Fooking brilliant weather for a cruise.

shingo
26th March 2009, 22:59
Typical aye.

More electrics problems was it?

motorbyclist
26th March 2009, 23:09
Did they drop metal shards into your oil?

nah they just charged him 85$ per hour to change clutch plates... and may have buggered his rear brake

Well, another successful ride.

would've been if it wasn't for our useless tail end:girlfight:

So i get to bp kkumeu on time, and wait around for jafa.... ross turns up, talk mroe shit about bikes, check phone, "oh a txt from jafa"

"meet you at helensville"

at this point it's 7pm so having not seen him pass we assign him to tail end charlie

sure enough, by wellsford he's lost two riders and we have to go back looking for them, and lose another good ten minutes.

then on the trip to albany we manage to lose yet more riders, turn back to retrieve one, but get there eventually to find the tail end charlie must've sneaked past and/or gone straight to the pub:spanking:

another prime example of SMC organisation!

motorbyclist
26th March 2009, 23:11
next week we leave on time, and will go via woodcocks rd - so moar daylight and earlier bedtime (or moar time at the pub)

shingo
26th March 2009, 23:19
Let the blame game begin.

How could we lose people we never even saw? And how did we end up in front of you without anyone noticing? Not like we took different routes.

motorbyclist
26th March 2009, 23:33
dude, you weren't even there!

or did jafa lose you too?

shingo
27th March 2009, 00:13
Actually, come to think of it, he did!

Man Jafa's a useless TEC!

PirateJafa
27th March 2009, 07:26
next week we leave on time

The ride operates on Real time + 10 minutes tops - the collective shall have little patience for those who are disorganised, including myself.

See, Shaun and myself were working to the basis of you actually following your original post/plan. What fools we were! :rolleyes:

macros87
27th March 2009, 19:10
See, Shaun and myself were working to the basis of you actually following your original post/plan. What fools we were! :rolleyes:

ill say man! you got no one to blame for yourself, had you given it more than 3o seconds thought, you would have realised it was stupid to assume we would act according to a preset plan! :D

macros87
27th March 2009, 19:26
nah they just charged him 85$ per hour to change clutch plates... and may have buggered his rear brake

i got some rubbery type shit out of behind where the break pad is held on to the caliper... seemed to be holding it againstish the disk unnaturally and only on one side so the pad wasn't completely flat, it hasnt happened again since that... but im still suspicious of it..

i am really happy with the clutch tho! :)

motorbyclist
27th March 2009, 23:17
i got some rubbery type shit out of behind where the break pad is held on to the caliper... seemed to be holding it againstish the disk unnaturally and only on one side so the pad wasn't completely flat, it hasnt happened again since that... but im still suspicious of it..

should have taken it back there to get THEM to fix it, seeing as they broke it.

i have no idea what you're talking about but for all we know you may have just removed something vital:crazy:

macros87
28th March 2009, 10:55
should have taken it back there to get THEM to fix it, seeing as they broke it.

i have no idea what you're talking about but for all we know you may have just removed something vital:crazy:

dude it took me lik 5 months to take in the clutch for fixing, because of the vitality of the brakes in the wholes riding experience, it would take at least another month for me to take it in.

no it was like a ruber piece of something, and from the couple of times ive taken that caliper apart, im pretty sure that wasn't there before... nor did it look like a part of anything on it, seriously looked like a something that somehow got stuck there + the pad is now sitting parallel to the brake disc :)

Danae
28th March 2009, 12:53
dont you have a scooter? how big is it?

It's a little retro-styled thing. IMO modern scooters are fugly as shit. Trying to make them look more like motorcycles but epically failing. Well hopefully I'll be getting my motorcycle learners at some point and getting a 250 yay!

macros87
28th March 2009, 12:57
It's a little retro-styled thing. IMO modern scooters are fugly as shit. Trying to make them look more like motorcycles but epically failing. Well hopefully I'll be getting my motorcycle learners at some point and getting a 250 yay!

i did that! had a 50cc vespa, sold it and bought my zxr, it was awesome!

Danae
28th March 2009, 13:00
Awwwriiiiight! I'm gonna browse Trademe some more...good fun

motorbyclist
28th March 2009, 15:49
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=207203089

macros87
28th March 2009, 16:54
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=207203089

you are just mean spirited, i should red rep you :P

motorbyclist
28th March 2009, 18:15
everyone loves a postie bike!

it's got more class than any kawasaki :p

macros87
28th March 2009, 19:30
everyone loves a postie bike!

it's got more class than any kawasaki :p

at least our kawa plastics remain without melted bits! dude thats nothing chris used to do donuts on my vespa... not good ones tho...

R6_kid
28th March 2009, 19:58
You shoulda seen the phat burnout i did last night at The Strangers place. Had Te Atatu Road covered in smoke for about 2-3minutes. Finally found something my bike is good for!

macros87
28th March 2009, 20:59
You shoulda seen the phat burnout i did last night at The Strangers place. Had Te Atatu Road covered in smoke for about 2-3minutes. Finally found something my bike is good for!

i live off Te Atatu Road and sir! i did not hear any sounds that could be interpreted as someone doing "phat burnouts" so they couldn't be that phat..

Edit: so like 2 seconds after posting this, it suddenly dawned on me.. te atatu rd is much longer than the bit of road i turn off to get into my road, should have never doubted you :P

Danae
29th March 2009, 15:23
Andrew, wtf is that? XDDD Oresome. XD

motorbyclist
31st March 2009, 23:09
righto guys - remember this week is via woodcocks rd and that next week daylight savings comes into effect so this will be the last daylight ride for a while

Danae
1st April 2009, 06:44
Righto! Hopefully I won't be too busy with darned tests and assignments to go.

Magua
1st April 2009, 07:16
Righto! Hopefully I won't be too busy with darned tests and assignments to go.

Same. 30% test midday Friday :@

macros87
1st April 2009, 08:59
righto guys - remember this week is via woodcocks rd and that next week daylight savings comes into effect so this will be the last daylight ride for a while

is that the way that ATNR goes? i may or may not make it, got work, and im a casual so i dont have set hours that afternoon, just untill im not needed, so if im not there by 6:30 im not coming guys..

PirateJafa
1st April 2009, 10:11
What's a more complete route?

I might not be able to make this one - or I might be playing catch-up.

Damn you, study gods!

shingo
1st April 2009, 21:10
This thursday will be my last SMCTNR for a loooooong time. It may even be my last proper ride for a long time. Weather looks good, so it should be a good ride.

zzzbang
1st April 2009, 22:29
sigh.. cant make it this week, need to finish 2 assignments for friday. wont make chiller either, leaving for whitianga :doh:

motorbyclist
2nd April 2009, 10:20
route is planned for kumeu to just south of warkworth via woodcocks rd then back down sh1 to the pub. tom knows where to go

fuckfuckfuck

so i've got a work meeting at 6pm

you guys may have to have fun without me- i might meet ya'll at warkworth

Phurrball
2nd April 2009, 11:14
Cannae make it tonight -

Joined my significant girth up to a gym and have first session tonight.

Watch my speed increase as my mass declines! (Especially on the FXR)

PirateJafa
2nd April 2009, 11:42
You do recall that muscle weighs more than your "winter coat" right?

Squiggles
2nd April 2009, 12:23
fuck ya all, im going for a ride by meself to get some bike bits :cool:

shingo
2nd April 2009, 12:42
Hanne's been gone what? An hour of so? And you're already buying bike bits.

macros87
2nd April 2009, 13:03
just stopping home on my way from uni to work to say definitely wont make it tonight, sorry guys

Simey
2nd April 2009, 13:21
So who is actually going? Seems like everyone except Shingo and I are saying they can't come on this perfect day.

Slyer
2nd April 2009, 13:30
Jafa is coming iirc

shingo
2nd April 2009, 14:12
Jafa was a maybe

toml88
2nd April 2009, 15:57
Can't make it tonight :(

I have an essay due tomorrow that I am yet to start.

motorbyclist
2nd April 2009, 16:01
lol

jafa has no excuse

tom, man up and do if after the ride

edward, tell them you're sick

and squiggles doesn't come one rides anyway; he just says he's riding elsewhere concurrently to give the impression (ie, pretend) that his suzukis are running reliably enough to actually ride them

shingo
2nd April 2009, 16:04
So that makes the attendee count 2 + 1 catcher upper.

Awesome.

toml88
2nd April 2009, 16:23
lol

jafa has no excuse

and squiggles doesn't come one rides anyway; he just says he's riding elsewhere concurrently to give the impression (ie, pretend) that his suzukis are running reliably enough to actually ride them
After finishing that prelab at 5am today, I'd rather get started on this essay sooner than later :P

Simey
2nd April 2009, 16:34
Heh, so are you still keen. I don't know this route they've proposed. On the bright side for you, your 250 will definitely be faster than mine. :-)

shingo
2nd April 2009, 16:44
I'm definitely going, rumour has there will be more attending than have said.

macros87
2nd April 2009, 18:56
lol

jafa has no excuse

i thought we agreed that red baron had kinda raped me financially, so i kinda want the money man.

sad to say i also have work tomorrow afternoon so will miss the chillar, dam council and their freaging "hey lets annoy edward after uni on friday for a whole six hours while we get drunk and play golf"... yeah cos giving power crazed government officials booz and sticks to swing around is always a good idea!

so did a ride actually happen?

motorbyclist
2nd April 2009, 21:41
i thought we agreed that red baron had kinda raped me financially, so i kinda want the money man.

if we earn money to have fun, but don't have fun because we're too busy earning money, then wtf are we doing with our lives unless we genuinely enjoy our jobs?

so did a ride actually happen?

yes, as usual the smc subforum "guests" lurked their way through this thread and thus we had four riders plus myself

macros87
2nd April 2009, 22:08
if we earn money to have fun, but don't have fun because we're too busy earning money, then wtf are we doing with our lives unless we genuinely enjoy our jobs?

dont worry im not gone for ever, just worked today tomorrow and sundays theres the other days of the week for rides :)

yes, as usual the smc subforum "guests" lurked their way through this thread and thus we had four riders plus myself

what did they ride? they should really just post here saying they are coming..

GSXR Trace
3rd April 2009, 12:35
haha.. ill admit it... i came riding! I handed in two assignments yesterday and then took off after class for a ride... but that is an impossible time to get out to if you don't finish class til6!

edit: oh and i didn't post i would be coming as didn't know if id make it... don't want people to be waiting if i wasn't gonna be able to make it

motorbyclist
10th April 2009, 01:30
so this week wasn't happening btw

traffic was atrocious - SH1 from north of the tunnel to warkworth was a standstill....

apparently there's some caravan convention up north, meaning over 900 of the bastards are hitting the roads this weekend!

macros87
10th April 2009, 13:01
so this week wasn't happening btw

traffic was atrocious - SH1 from north of the tunnel to warkworth was a standstill....

apparently there's some caravan convention up north, meaning over 900 of the bastards are hitting the roads this weekend!

not to mention the ridiculously cold rain...

Danae
10th April 2009, 23:24
...caravan convention?

I'm having trouble taking this in. xD

Danae
14th April 2009, 12:51
I haven't been on a motorcycle in at least one day, is there gonna be another ride anytime this week?

macros87
14th April 2009, 13:15
I haven't been on a motorcycle in at least one day, is there gonna be another ride anytime this week?

not a whole day!!!

Danae
14th April 2009, 14:43
Ok fine like half a day

zzzbang
14th April 2009, 15:39
im up for a ride

Danae
14th April 2009, 16:00
Awwright!!!! Andrew, you organise these things right? Up for a ride?

motorbyclist
14th April 2009, 23:23
gotta go to uni and study for atleast the next two days...

Danae
15th April 2009, 09:45
Awww ah well. I suppose I should be writing my essay and studying too.

gavjn
20th April 2009, 13:11
is there a ride happening this thursday? im keen to take the ninja out if the weather is sweeeeeeeeeeet

Slyer
20th April 2009, 13:31
Want to trade ninjas?

gavjn
20th April 2009, 15:07
lol yea y not

Slyer
20th April 2009, 15:32
I can give you a lot of reasons why not. :bleh:
As much as I would love love love to.

Danae
20th April 2009, 19:51
Ah shit i have a test on Thursday, 6:30 - 8:30.

GSXR Trace
20th April 2009, 21:17
i can't make it this week, but are you lot gonna change the time of meet? day light saving means no need to start at 6:30 cause she's already dark, and if start later more people may be able to make it!

Slyer
20th April 2009, 21:24
True! This will be a night night ride.

gavjn
20th April 2009, 21:38
yea i dont mind wat time we start. if no1 says a time then its not gona happen so.... someone say a time that suits lol

GSXR Trace
20th April 2009, 21:40
yes yes it will, so i suggest starting later so that people don't have to do crazy things on the motorway with all those lunatic auckland drivers at 6pm!

motorbyclist
20th April 2009, 21:40
righto, unless the forecast imporves no ride, and moving to 7pm is under serious consideration

gavjn
21st April 2009, 23:55
so... kumeu BP at 7pm thurs? il b there so whoever else wants to come then sweeeeeeeet. im wayy 2 keen lol

gavjn
22nd April 2009, 21:34
ok so mayb not... smc organisation ftw yay

Slyer
22nd April 2009, 23:04
There's a ride next thursday, it's called come to my house and let me ride your ninja :P

gavjn
22nd April 2009, 23:34
There's a ride next thursday, it's called come to my house and let me ride your ninja :P

rofl!! if u had an r6 for me 2 play with id consider it :P

motorbyclist
23rd April 2009, 13:15
so... kumeu BP at 7pm thurs? il b there so whoever else wants to come then sweeeeeeeet. im wayy 2 keen lol

ride is on but i can't go for financial reasons

gavjn
23rd April 2009, 13:22
i now cant go, bike is goin in for 1k service this arvo ><

motorbyclist
28th April 2009, 15:20
this thursday is on, but i've got a test so might just meet y'all at the pub

gavjn
28th April 2009, 15:26
this thursday is on, but i've got a test so might just meet y'all at the pub

hmmm... pretty keen actualy.... wat time? 6.30 or 7? bp kumeu i assume?

Slyer
28th April 2009, 15:35
Keen. Will be at kumeu at 6ish if nobody else needs to go later.
Will do it by myself if need be.

gavjn
28th April 2009, 15:47
Keen. Will be at kumeu at 6ish if nobody else needs to go later.
Will do it by myself if need be.

il definatly b there... can b there anytime between 6-7, depends on every1 else i gues... got 2 assignments due the next day... but meh XD

Danae
28th April 2009, 17:31
I wanna goooooooo :eek:

motorbyclist
28th April 2009, 17:44
actually, i don't know when my test is so might be able to go if it ends before 6pm

Squiggles
28th April 2009, 17:55
Ill be there if i've finished our reaffiliation application ><

motorbyclist
28th April 2009, 18:00
squiggles riding?! not likely!

i bet he'll go only if no-one else is there to see him :p