PDA

View Full Version : TF 125 clutch probs?

dirty habit
22nd February 2009, 14:19
Anyone here know why: clutch in put into first and motor wants to die, feels like its half engaged even though clutch is in. Have to give it a bit of gas to stop from stalling. When 'opening' up, clutch slips pretty bad.
When I got the bike, rode it for an hour with no probs before the guy told me hed drained the box oil, I filled with proper 2 stroke box oil then started having these problems...
Dont know much at all about bikes except theyre a hella lotta fun!!!

The Pastor
22nd February 2009, 14:42
Sounds like the clutch has the wrong type of oil on it. If it is a wet clutch. Somone with more knowledge than me will be able to point you in the right direction, im at work atm when i get home i'll have a look in my manual.

dirty habit
22nd February 2009, 16:40
Sounds like the clutch has the wrong type of oil on it. If it is a wet clutch. Somone with more knowledge than me will be able to point you in the right direction, im at work atm when i get home i'll have a look in my manual.
Wicked, that would be great:yes::yes:

The Pastor
22nd February 2009, 22:44
ok you want 800mls of 10w-40 oil in ur tranmission or 850 if you've had it out and fully drained it.

use a motorbike or desiel grade oil as car oil stuffs the clutch

Spyke
23rd February 2009, 07:09
could be that the plates are glazed now because of running it without oil? but that wuldn't make it feel like its ingaged. Using heavey weight gear oil could make the plates stick a bit because of its thickness.
I had a kt250 and it have heavy gear oil and after it sat for a couple of days the plates would stick together and you'd have to rev it up and drop it in gear to break the seal the plates had.

awayatc
23rd February 2009, 07:21
don't overlook the obvious before pulling cover off and having a look at the clutchplates.....have you got enough freeplay on the clutch lever?
Did you use the correct oil without additives (they can make clutches slip..)
Good luck