PDA

View Full Version : Auckland to Paero - TRAFFIC SUX

Ray LeCheminant
22nd February 2009, 19:24
Who got caught up in the bollocks 800m road works that wt==took 2 hours and 45 mins to get through...

Killed the day!!!:angry2:

Maha
22nd February 2009, 19:32
Yeah that was a bit sucky, but we kept moving at a safe pace passing all the cars that couldn't go anywhere. The cars were a good 2kms back on the Ngatea rd and then maybe another 5-6 kms on SH2. Stopped at Bombay (arse needed a rest by then) then 62 mins to Warkworth from there. We left Paeroa at about 5.20 and got back to Warkworth at 7.32.
Another massive day at Paeroa, caught up with a heap of people :niceone:

Gadgit
22nd February 2009, 19:33
Dam that sux man, well at least theres next weekend to look forward to. I did look at the trafic report when I got home and saw the hold ups .... dam there was alot of cars leaving Paeroa the same time as you..

MadDuck
22nd February 2009, 19:39
Yeap heading back would have been VERY sucky in a car. Lots of cars did move over for us on two wheels which was great.

I was blown away just how far the line of traffic was just "stopped" for......

SARGE
22nd February 2009, 19:44
yeap heading back would have been very sucky in a car. Lots of cars did move over for us on two wheels which was great.

I was blown away just how far the line of traffic was just "stopped" for......

me and a mate turned around at sh2 nd went up 25 instead (that big long straight right before the turn onto sh2).. Not another vehicle in sight

Ixion
22nd February 2009, 19:46
I had no delays whatsoever. :clap:

oldguy
22nd February 2009, 20:09
what the hell, were you doing going home that way???????

got to be better than the way I went home, bloody road cut up my rear tyre,
got heeps of tread in the middle, but wore out the sides right to the edge.
and that was done on the ride home, man the road surface is real hard on my tyre

Ixion
22nd February 2009, 20:16
I didn't go that way. I went the other way.

Maha
22nd February 2009, 20:26
I didn't go that way. I went the other way.

Helicopter??

retro asian
22nd February 2009, 20:26
I love my bike so much ;) too bad for those bikers in cages...

Ixion
22nd February 2009, 20:28
Helicopter??

Submarine ??

BigAl
23rd February 2009, 10:21
Who got caught up in the bollocks 800m road works that wt==took 2 hours and 45 mins to get through...

Bugger Ray, you should have let Connor out on the ZPF, he might have got back home before you, lol.

The timing and longevity of roadworks are a deliberate tactic to frustrate drivers eh?

Ray LeCheminant
23rd February 2009, 10:38
They sure were frustrating - there was no gas in the tank....so he would not have got far [GREG YOU SAY NOTHING]

P.S Have a looky here http://gallery.me.com/ray.lecheminant#100209&view=mosaic&sel=0

Finn
23rd February 2009, 10:40
I heard the traffic jam was caused by Andrew Stroud selling autographs at the side of the road.

Maha
23rd February 2009, 15:19
Whats with that fucken god awful music they elect to play at Paeroa??
Fuckin 'Convoy'!!!!....and some 1960's-70's country one hit wonder screachin' chick...play nothing at all people!!

We do have mates to talk to, and between races is a good time to so, give it rest next year. Silence is golden.

yungatart
23rd February 2009, 15:28
Try heading south out of Paeroa?
Apparently all roads leading on to roads south are closed...they kept directing us to Auckland FFS!!
We eventually drove thru the barriers...

Gubb
23rd February 2009, 17:40
I left Paeroa at 6pm, got to the North Shore at 10.15pm.

Cars suck.

Mom
23rd February 2009, 17:43

Cars suck.

You poor bastard! Thanks for marshalling too btw, sorry I did not get to say hi.

Madness
23rd February 2009, 17:54
I found it quite amusing, until the actual road works itself. Shittiest piece of roading work I've seen in a while. I pity the poor bastard they left out there to pick up the cones.

I heard the traffic jam was caused by Andrew Stroud selling autographs at the side of the road.
He had sausages as well.

kevfromcoro
23rd February 2009, 17:58
yes those roadworks where bad...
cages backed up forever...
got through in about 10 mins....
who dumped the yellow triumph in the ditch...
didnt stop..lots of helpers..
KEV

Phurrball
23rd February 2009, 18:02
Was in the cage.

After an hour or so approximately STATIONARY, took a side road an took a traffic-free route back to Aucks via the Kaiaua chip shop.

Snap on the music. WHAT are they thinking!?! They'll be paying to publically broadcast music there, so it should at least be goodish and suited to a biker crowd - as opposed to badness accentuated by delay!

Gremlin
23rd February 2009, 18:17

Cars suck.
Apparently we passed you (in chain of 4 bikes)... Motorbikes rule :wari:

Ray LeCheminant
23rd February 2009, 18:57
yes those roadworks where bad...
cages backed up forever...
got through in about 10 mins....
who dumped the yellow triumph in the ditch...
didnt stop..lots of helpers..
KEV

To be honest, it was to be expected....on the way down at 4am, I actually said to my son that some plonker planned this well....

Who was the RED DUCATI that took out the door of the silver Subaru on the Ngatea Road....we saw that and thought was the initial hold up....

Funny thing is, we were HOONING alone the Ngatea straight, whilst over taking a slow piece of crap and a copy pulled out FLASHING....my guts ended up on the mat....luckily it was not me he was after....

Gubb
23rd February 2009, 19:15
Apparently we passed you (in chain of 4 bikes)... Motorbikes rule :wari:

Everyone waved at me bar you.

I'm canceling our wedding.

Gremlin
24th February 2009, 00:33
Everyone waved at me bar you.

I'm canceling our wedding.
Well... thats a load off my mind :banana:

Seriously, I didn't see you... didn't see a number of other people as well... I don't drive cars, and don't differentiate between them... miss my family's vehicles the whole time.