PDA

View Full Version : Here's one for the Med students

motorbyclist
24th February 2009, 11:34
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10558327

moar money:banana:

I reckon it's a good idea... so what have I missed?

Squiggles
24th February 2009, 11:43
It is a good idea, not quite as awesome as the teachnz type of scholarship, but definately a step in the right direction

FJRider
24th February 2009, 11:48
Leave the country after graduation... dont come back... don't pay anything back... 'till you GET back...

motorbyclist
24th February 2009, 12:59
It is a good idea, not quite as awesome as the teachnz type of scholarship, but definately a step in the right direction

they have some money in there for teachers too;)

macros87
24th February 2009, 20:51
well they had to do something to keep em in the country... and its a big incentive to get people out there in the middle of butt fck nowhere lil towns where there are no doctors... the plan looks promising could be a lot worse

Icemaestro
24th February 2009, 20:54
Grr, why aren't Physio's included in that list...there's a shortage of 'em everywhere, it's a four year degree, yet we get nothing...

Dirty_Harri
22nd March 2009, 20:01
Grr, why aren't Physio's included in that list...there's a shortage of 'em everywhere, it's a four year degree, yet we get nothing...

I'm with you on that one Matti! So unfair...especially with these 5.30am starts at the hospital each morning. Should have done an extra 2 years damn it. :(

Brett
30th June 2009, 10:02
This incentive wont make much of a difference. You need to see what they class as 'high need areas. North Shore Hospital at present would be one of the most high needs areas as it is about to close a few of its wards due to lack of staff. Middlemore itself is highly understaffed.

If they really want to start somewhere that will help us hang onto our junior doctors, maybe they should pay more than $21.50/hr and stop getting doctors to work outside of their legally covered hours.

But at least they are looking at options, more than was attempted by the old government...