PDA

View Full Version : Boozing bike thief trapped by DNA

Bob
25th February 2009, 01:16
A bike thief who had a taste for beer was brought to justice as his DNA was found on a can of Special Brew left at the crime scene.

David Giddins, 28, was spotted trying to steal a motorcycle in Poole. A resident raised the alarm and Giddins fled, leaving the damaged bike abandoned nearby, along with Giddins car.

In an attempt to cover his tracks, Giddins reported his car stolen! But his description matched that given by a witness and he was arrested. DNA from the beer can found by the car placed him firmly at the crime scene.

Giddins admitted taking a motorbike without authority and intending to pervert the course of justice. Sentencing Giddins to six months in prison, suspended for twelve months, Recorder Jonathan Fuller QC told Giddins that he was not sent to jail straight away as he was the sole carer for his children, adding “I hope you have learned your lesson.” “I hope you have learned your lesson.”

Waxxa
25th February 2009, 10:02
Wouldn't it be great if all these scum were dickwads like this guy then more arrests, more bikes recovered. :spanking:

speed_star
10th March 2009, 00:07
A bike thief who had a taste for beer was brought to justice as his DNA was found on a can of Special Brew left at the crime scene.

David Giddins, 28, was spotted trying to steal a motorcycle in Poole. A resident raised the alarm and Giddins fled, leaving the damaged bike abandoned nearby, along with Giddins car.

In an attempt to cover his tracks, Giddins reported his car stolen! But his description matched that given by a witness and he was arrested. DNA from the beer can found by the car placed him firmly at the crime scene.

Giddins admitted taking a motorbike without authority and intending to pervert the course of justice. Sentencing Giddins to six months in prison, suspended for twelve months, Recorder Jonathan Fuller QC told Giddins that he was not sent to jail straight away as he was the sole carer for his children, adding “I hope you have learned your lesson.” “I hope you have learned your lesson.”
Good information about bike.I will try it.

LBD
10th March 2009, 02:17
Wouldn't it be great if all these scum were dickwads like this guy then more arrests, more bikes recovered. :spanking:

And I reckon the constabulary :Police: deserve a pat on the back....but then do we want to live with a legal system where you must give a DNA sample for suspected minor property offences like trying to steal a jap bike?

spudchucka
10th March 2009, 05:27
But, but, but DNA is a bad thing because the Govt & police will use it inappropriately.....

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=92225&highlight=dna

Bob
10th March 2009, 07:36
Good information about bike.I will try it.

Hope you're not intending to steal a bike... or come to that, commit a crime and leave DNA at the scene :slap:

Murray
10th March 2009, 07:44

But he got a suspended sentence, (poor sad chap & his dependents). Thats really going to stop him doing it again!!!

ManDownUnder
10th March 2009, 08:02
I am so confused... here's me just gagging for a chance to swap DNA with an appropriate recipient... and now you tell me it's a bad thing???

... and back on topic... Bloody good job!

LBD
11th March 2009, 04:01
[QUOTE=ManDownUnder;1973128] here's me just gagging for a chance to swap DNA with an appropriate recipient... [/QUOTE

So...you wanna exchange toe nail clippings?:whistle:

Grizzo
11th March 2009, 06:28
Good job!:yes:

RocKai
31st March 2009, 00:11
6 months is still too light for him. Who knows how many cars/bikes he had broken in/stolen before. Bet he will go back to steal more after he had done his time. A good whipping like the Arabs should works better. :mad:

munterk6
2nd April 2009, 07:08
I guess the lesson to learn would be...if you are gonna do crime, be sure to have a few kids under your wing to lessen the consequences.
What a crock. :(

caseye
10th April 2009, 20:02
So, what was he going to do about his car?
Maybe leave there in exchange?
They're out there , this sort of nincompoop!

wickle
10th April 2009, 20:46
[QUOTE=

Giddins admitted taking a motorbike without authority and intending to pervert the course of justice. Sentencing Giddins to six months in prison, suspended for twelve months,

Am I right about my understanding of the law, if he keeps out of trouble for a year it all goes away if not he serves six months automatacilly plus what ever else he gets for new offence