PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki to run single bike in MotoGP

Bob
28th February 2009, 01:23
Kawasaki has reached an agreement with Dorna to run a single rider team in the 2009 MotoGP championship.

Marco Milandri will be the sole pilot in the series, leaving John Hopkins without a ride – through reportedly Hopkins had ruled himself out of taking a ride. Kawasaki had previously signalled their intention to pull out altogether to save costs, an action which brought the threat of legal action from organisers Dorna.

hammerman
28th February 2009, 20:18
real shame about Hopper... he's a great talent. He'll be back with another team I'm sure.

pete376403
1st March 2009, 00:04
They're going to race a KLR?? (It's the biggest single they make):2thumbsup

NordieBoy
1st March 2009, 10:09

They'd need to run a big bore kit to make it competitive.
The costs start mounting.

wbks
1st March 2009, 21:43
fookin kawi. Why even bother with a bike even in the class? Stoner could be racing it and probably still never podium.

Bob
2nd March 2009, 23:54
fookin kawi. Why even bother with a bike even in the class?

I think the threat of lawsuit by Dorna explains that neatly.:scooter:

Bob
2nd March 2009, 23:56

Single BIKE, not single cylinder! The Devil :devil2: is in the detail you know...

Badjelly
3rd March 2009, 09:53
The Kawasaki team will be called the Hayate Racing Team

http://www.crash.net/MotoGP/comments/143536/2/a/kawasaki_becomes_hayate.html

Presumably to reduce corporate embarrassment when they do as badly as they expect to.

BMWST?
3rd March 2009, 13:51
fookin kawi. Why even bother with a bike even in the class? Stoner could be racing it and probably still never podium.

i wouldnt bet on that.Have you seen how fast the other ducs are?

vifferman
3rd March 2009, 13:58
This is all repost stuff (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1955518#post1955518).
That there vifferman gazzumped the Bob, who seemingly spends all his time trawling the Interdweeb for bike news to post on other forums. :Pokey:

*chortle*

AllanB
3rd March 2009, 14:03
I only have one bike and I'm happy :2thumbsup

NordieBoy
3rd March 2009, 14:11
This is all repost stuff (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1955518#post1955518).
That there vifferman gazzumped the Bob, who seemingly spends all his time trawling the Interdweeb for bike news to post on other forums. :Pokey:

*chortle*

But at least he posted it in the "News" section and not in some obsolete corner of the site.

:jerry:

vifferman
3rd March 2009, 14:35
But at least he posted it in the "News" section and not in some obsolete corner of the site.

:jerry:
What, some obscure corner of the site like "Racing"? :doh:
I'm lazy - before starting a new thread, I looked around for something about Kawasaki's MotoGP team, and voila! (a small misspelt musical implement) - there was one already, so I tagged it on the end.
If Bob had been a day earlier, I woulda posted it in this thread instead.