PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Bike Racing

butterfly1
28th February 2009, 13:35
Hi, I have just bought a Chinese Pocket bike and wanting to race it. Can anyone let me know what protective gear I need to start.

rustys
28th February 2009, 13:53
You would need the same protective gear that all Road Racing Riders wear and that is Full face helmet, leather gloves, leather boots and 1 piece race leathers. Regardless of how small a bike you race wearing the appropiate gear will save you from serious injury when coming to grief.

DELLORTO
28th February 2009, 13:54
Hi, you'll need elbow and knee pads, jeans and a jumper {no skin showing} and a full face helmet {can be a motorcross helmet] also you need good gloves and covered footwear,

Racing is on the 14 march at mt wellington raceway

for more information www.nzmmrc.co.nz

Thanks

DELLORTO
28th February 2009, 13:57
[QUOTE=rustys;1957526]You would need the same protective gear that all Road Racing Riders wear and that is Full face helmet, leather gloves, leather boots and 1 piece race leathers. Regardless of how small a bike you race wearing the appropiate gear will save you from serious injury when coming to grief.[/QUOT

maybe......

rustys
28th February 2009, 14:06
Why is it the MNZ dont know you exist as Pocket bike racing to me is a form a motorcycle racing and thats what MNZ stands for (Motorcycling New Zealand)?.

DELLORTO
28th February 2009, 14:19
this conversation is classified.......lol

motorbyclist
2nd March 2009, 20:50
Hi, I have just bought a Chinese Pocket bike and wanting to race it. Can anyone let me know what protective gear I need to start.

I use a full face helmet, codura jacket (with it's own armour), jeans and mx knee guards that are a few sizes too small, sneakers and leather gloves - i went to the track and they let me on... but my tyre blew out so couldn't race

so far i've broken the armour in one elbow, scuffed the knee pads and put a hole in some of the leather, and that's all been in a carpark!

Z1_ZPF_BOY
4th March 2009, 20:01
a helmet that meets NZ standards (enclosed or MX with eye protection), knee pads, elbow pads, gloves, enclosed shoes, heavy jacket and tuck your pants into socks. No skin can be visible.:rockon: