PDA

View Full Version : Where is the AUSMC stand?

R6_kid
2nd March 2009, 10:24
I've got $2 that's burning a hole in my pocket... where do I sign up?

xwhatsit
2nd March 2009, 13:12
Yeah lol I don't see shit either. I've only got a $50 note -- reckon I can get change in $2 coins?

R6_kid
2nd March 2009, 13:43
I'll swap you your $50 for my $2

Ragingrob
2nd March 2009, 14:00
Stand will be out one day this week I believe, will be posted up when it is! Otherwise drop money in Squiggles locker, and I'll race to get there first!

Squiggles
2nd March 2009, 14:03
Its not out today... We should be later this week (Takes more to do it this time round as AUSA have given all the tables to the company's so we have to supply our own!)

Real_Wolf
2nd March 2009, 19:56
wait, we're gonna have a stand for once?

Man, thats so not lazy of us.

Meh, no spare change on me (might have a dollar), probably just chuck squiggs a beer at the chiller

bomma
2nd March 2009, 22:19
gimme a buzz if you need someone to man the table. ive got a pretty chill timetable........... + i dont really go to lecs anyway so yea :)

shingo
2nd March 2009, 22:21
I might drop by when you guys setup a stand. Not like i got much else to do...

Phurrball
3rd March 2009, 15:37
If it's not Friday, I may be able to loiter and add a mature air to procedings...

Squiggles
3rd March 2009, 15:57
I think thursday, fridays weather isnt as good

Real_Wolf
3rd March 2009, 19:24
heh, don't worry, your mature air will be destroyed any time squiggles or andrew is behind the table.

Meh, i got some free time on thursday so I can help man the stand again for a bit

zzzbang
3rd March 2009, 20:08
where will you guys set up?

bomma
3rd March 2009, 21:41
where will you guys set up?

best bet to find us is to follow security :jerry:

zzzbang
3rd March 2009, 22:13
well it would be disappointing if the motorcycle club isnt disturbing the peace :2guns:

motorbyclist
3rd March 2009, 22:53
this year it might be best to set up in one of the main areas above cp36

and maybe another one after the parking is reopened

Phurrball
4th March 2009, 12:38
well it would be disappointing if the motorcycle club isnt disturbing the peace :2guns:

So - the TL is coming and being fired up at half-hourly intervals?? :devil2:

Squiggles
4th March 2009, 17:29
Tomorrow we'll have a stand, but if it rains we'll be out (for a couple of days) next week instead

zzzbang
4th March 2009, 18:27
nice, nice, il come by tomorrow then

Squiggles
4th March 2009, 20:16
Pass, we'll be out in the open and its going to piss down tomorrow. Monday & Tuesday it is.

motorbyclist
5th March 2009, 00:07
i am free from 11am onwards on a wednesday

Squiggles
9th March 2009, 17:34
*Bump* Tomorrow it is... help setting up will be much appreciated, setup at 8, need someone to cover 9-10am

Ragingrob
9th March 2009, 18:04
Well I'll call past just before 9 but I'm busy 9-1 I'm afraid!

Real_Wolf
9th March 2009, 18:10
I can cover at 9am, but only until 12. Then again, I might go home and sleep, an hour bus ride home, hour sleep, hour back to uni also sounds nice

Squiggles
9th March 2009, 18:58
I can cover at 9am, but only until 12.

You're it then, 9am is my only lecture for the day

Hanne
10th March 2009, 18:46
So Jafa and I will be out there bright and early tomorrow again!

(Yes Jafa, you DO need to come to relaease the table from its chains...)

Heaps of new sign ups today, around 90 I think?
See more of you guys in the 'am' :P

Macros
10th March 2009, 19:53
Managed to pop in today with my dollar in hand. :)

Ragingrob
10th March 2009, 20:30
Sweet where are you guys set up? May have to call by tomo early if I have time.

Hanne
10th March 2009, 20:42
^^ Up behind the gym near the random white toothpaste sculpture, see you then

Real_Wolf
10th March 2009, 22:06
went well today, got a fair few new members. Come hang out with us :D

michael
10th March 2009, 22:10
Hey can anyone tell me if you have to be a AU student for your club. I'm a student (not at AU) but keen to ride with people in the same financial and social stage of their lives. So I'm real keen to ride with you fullas. Plus I live 5min from Auck Uni

Squiggles
10th March 2009, 22:25
Hey can anyone tell me if you have to be a AU student for your club. I'm a student (not at AU) but keen to ride with people in the same financial and social stage of their lives. So I'm real keen to ride with you fullas. Plus I live 5min from Auck Uni

You dont have to be a member, all thats required by AUSA is that 70% of our members be University students... (we've got room for plenty more non-students on the books :) )

We'll be out there again tomorrow in the morning, if its wet probably in the quad

motorbyclist
10th March 2009, 23:34
i have only one 9am lecture so will very likely pop by

Real_Wolf
11th March 2009, 18:21
We totally need an area, with maybe a table but definetely somewhere to sit, for the SMC regularily. Was awesome fun today and yesterday just sitting chatting, should totally stick a stand up more often just for the chance to sit and chat, sorta like the chiller only more often

Squiggles
11th March 2009, 18:35
Its going to take a while to enter all these emails ><

shingo
11th March 2009, 19:38
Its going to take a while to enter all these emails ><

Isn't that what the office bitch secretary is for?

Danae
11th March 2009, 21:27
Yeah I saw you guys today and joined. Whoo!

Slyer
11th March 2009, 21:32
Are there any photos? I want to see what this stand looks like...

motorbyclist
11th March 2009, 21:43
why didn't you guys just have details entered directly into the database on of of our laptops?

zzzbang
11th March 2009, 21:46
yesterdays stand had hooligans revving their gsxr's :spanking: haha. was fun though, signed the sheet and had a chat.

PirateJafa
11th March 2009, 21:46
Did you manage to get lost between Engineering and the stand Andrew?

I recall seeing just about everyone there bar you. ;)

motorbyclist
11th March 2009, 21:52
Did you manage to get lost between Engineering and the stand Andrew?

I recall seeing just about everyone there bar you. ;)

i turned up to sign up, but the engineering workload has well and truly begun.

macros87
11th March 2009, 21:59
the one day i dnt wa;l thru that freaging quad you guys put the stand up... figures...

Slyer
11th March 2009, 22:00
Did anyone sign me up?

Real_Wolf
11th March 2009, 23:11
nah, we figured since you didn't pay last year.....

Did you make it to the stand even once andrew?

And having it written up while we're there would have been smart, only had a laptop on the second day though. Also, while we're at it, why oh why was the list of current members not in any sort of order.... surely it wouldn't have been hard to do.

zzzbang, you the guy who brought the brand new gixxer round?

motorbyclist
11th March 2009, 23:15
Did you make it to the stand even once andrew?

And having it written up while we're there would have been smart, only had a laptop on the second day though. Also, while we're at it, why oh why was the list of current members not in any sort of order.... surely it wouldn't have been hard to do.

yeah i stopped by today (wednesday) to sign up

it's not hard to get excel to order stuff - personally (and professionally) access is much better seeing as it's actually proper database software. access even has a means to make a form that people fill out which will automagically feed into your database

Squiggles
12th March 2009, 07:21
Email will go out tonight! :headbang:

HungusMaximist
12th March 2009, 07:54
why didn't you guys just have details entered directly into the database on of of our laptops?

Yeah, ya bunch a lazy bastards.

When I was there, they had a laptop and all they were doing was surfing kb..

Slyer
12th March 2009, 09:39
Am I on the email list?!

Ragingrob
12th March 2009, 10:17
Yo Stevo put me back on the email list I'll throw $1 at you tomorrow night.

Magua
12th March 2009, 10:22
Yo Stevo put me back on the email list I'll throw $1 at you tomorrow night.

Me too. I'll give you some gold when I see you next.

macros87
12th March 2009, 22:57
so how do i join this anyway?

PirateJafa
12th March 2009, 22:59
By crashing, apparently.

macros87
12th March 2009, 23:01
By crashing, apparently.

i think this might be a reference to something im not yet aware of.. but if thats all that's needed there was this one time when i used to ride a scooter as you may already know jafa... does that mean im in?

Slyer
12th March 2009, 23:27
Nah bro, epic crashes only.
Jafa can testify for mine.

Real_Wolf
13th March 2009, 08:20
which one, your first one when you got the bike, the many bails in the sand?

Slyer
13th March 2009, 08:53
Second one at muriwai tops them I think.

Magua
13th March 2009, 08:57
That was quite impressive. I'm still finding sand from that day.

R6_kid
13th March 2009, 10:32
How about phat drift to rolling stoppie to superman into the bushes on the Old Russell Road. Known ever since as the 'Rustle in Russell'.

Was apparently quite spectacular, and the only damage to my R6 was a slight scratch on the exhaust which subsequently polished out anyway.

macros87
13th March 2009, 10:52
How about phat drift to rolling stoppie to superman into the bushes on the Old Russell Road. Known ever since as the 'Rustle in Russell'.

Was apparently quite spectacular, and the only damage to my R6 was a slight scratch on the exhaust which subsequently polished out anyway.

if thats what it takes i hope i never get into this club... unless my bike ends up unscathed.... which seems unlikely, i also cry easily, making it more unlikely since i try to avoid being ridiculed.

xwhatsit
13th March 2009, 10:56
if thats what it akes i hope i never get into this club... unless my bike ends up unscathed.... which seems unlikely, i also cry easily, making it more unlikely since i try to avoid being ridiculed.
I cry easily too. You should get a Honda.

Slyer
13th March 2009, 11:00
Being ridiculed is part of the whole thing!

macros87
13th March 2009, 11:15
I cry easily too. You should get a Honda.

yeah if you put it that way maybe i should :)

Being ridiculed is part of the whole thing!

just because its part of the experience doesn't mean its enjoyable, well not if its on my end anyway... but should you crash in a manner that produces laughter in people i will try to remember this piece of advice :)

Slyer
13th March 2009, 11:21
It's enjoyable for us. ;)

xwhatsit
13th March 2009, 11:50
just because its part of the experience doesn't mean its enjoyable, well not if its on my end anyway... but should you crash in a manner that produces laughter in people i will try to remember this piece of advice :)
Awww sad, I can give you the name of a good counsellor in the Uni Health centre if you feel a bit distraught?

If you want to sign up, come to Strata tonight at 3 or 4pm onwards and give the hairy short guy a dollar. If you're feeling really generous you could give us some ridicule in return. After you buy a round of beers.

PirateJafa
13th March 2009, 11:52
If you want to sign up, come to Strata tonight at 3 or 4pm onwards and give the hairy short guy a dollar. If you're feeling really generous you could give us some ridicule in return. After you buy a round of beers.
Of course, this coming from the guy who has been to a total of what? Two chillers in the last twelve months? ;)

Slyer
13th March 2009, 12:02
Giving advice to a guy who has been to more chillers than he has. :bleh:

Ragingrob
13th March 2009, 12:03
Dammit I forgot my dollar to throw at him! I wonder if buying him a beer and throwing it at him counts?

Slyer
13th March 2009, 12:23
Any solid heavy object will do I think.

xwhatsit
13th March 2009, 12:29
Of course, this coming from the guy who has been to a total of what? Two chillers in the last twelve months? ;)
I'll be there tonight! Have to go to work before 5pm though.

Slyer
13th March 2009, 13:03
Tonight before 5? Are you sure you're in the right timezone?

xwhatsit
13th March 2009, 13:07
Tonight before 5? Are you sure you're in the right timezone?
I operate on GMT. I refuse to bow to your overbearing capitalist directives.

PRO CHOICE TIMEZONES

macros87
13th March 2009, 13:50
Giving advice to a guy who has been to more chillers than he has. :bleh:
ive been to more than him.. thats really saying something

Awww sad, I can give you the name of a good counsellor in the Uni Health centre if you feel a bit distraught?

nah the counsellors dont want anything to do with me anymore! whole reason i hang out with this club is to have someone to bitch at now that im left without profesional help! and if anyones getting a dollar is steven for the smc quota, all you will get from me is positive encouragement when you make the decision to buy a round :)

Real_Wolf
13th March 2009, 23:24
:P, everyone gives squiggz the dollar, no one knows what becomes of that money. Certainly doesn't go to pocket rockets.

Or else we'd haev enough for some new back tyres (maybe).

I still don't think anyone will get nearly as ridiculed as I will, I'm never gonna live down my xs

macros87
14th March 2009, 00:22
:P, everyone gives squiggz the dollar, no one knows what becomes of that money. Certainly doesn't go to pocket rockets.

Or else we'd haev enough for some new back tyres (maybe).

I still don't think anyone will get nearly as ridiculed as I will, I'm never gonna live down my xs
can somebody tell me whats the deal with your bike? its something that alluded to in several threads but no specifics seem to come to light.. i have now become curious.

motorbyclist
14th March 2009, 01:06
Nah bro, epic crashes only.
Jafa can testify for mine.

dunno, the aftermath was pretty epic... atleast made for a good story

good point... i don't like the sound of the new (old, but we've only just found out) dictatorship he's set up with a bit of fancy paperwork...

can somebody tell me whats the deal with your bike? its something that alluded to in several threads but no specifics seem to come to light.. i have now become curious.

he bought a bike without asking for advice first.

it was for sale here on KB

the seller had several threads that would put even the most determined buyers off the bike, combined with it being a rare bike to begin with for when parts were needed

he paid $1800 for it

clutch, top end, bottom end, rear end, front end, chassis, electrics and ignition barrel were all fucked. cosmetics were pretty rough too.

took it to the shop for an oil change and $300 clutch plates. mechanic failed to mention the metal found in the filter.

bike started siezing on the way home, and he rode on anyway until it completely locked up.

later, back at the shop, the mechanic informed us of the bronze looking metal in the filter, most likely from the big end bearings

took bike to several wreckers, none of which would have it

so we took it to the once place that would - stephen's shed - and left it commando styles in the bushes.

stephen didn't notice until the groundskeepers told him a week later.

bike has sat outside stephen's shed ever since

macros87
14th March 2009, 09:54
he bought a bike without asking for advice first.

it was for sale here on KB

the seller had several threads that would put even the most determined buyers off the bike, combined with it being a rare bike to begin with for when parts were needed

he paid $1800 for it

clutch, top end, bottom end, rear end, front end, chassis, electrics and ignition barrel were all fucked. cosmetics were pretty rough too.

took it to the shop for an oil change and $300 clutch plates. mechanic failed to mention the metal found in the filter.

bike started siezing on the way home, and he rode on anyway until it completely locked up.

later, back at the shop, the mechanic informed us of the bronze looking metal in the filter, most likely from the big end bearings

took bike to several wreckers, none of which would have it

so we took it to the once place that would - stephen's shed - and left it commando styles in the bushes.

stephen didn't notice until the groundskeepers told him a week later.

bike has sat outside stephen's shed ever since

poor sob i see why we should avoid giving him shit...

Real_Wolf
14th March 2009, 17:28
yeah, andrew got it mostly correct.

It was 1600 or 1800, don't remember, either way was barely worth 500. Bought it in a hurry, without knowing any of these guys who could have had a look at told me i should grow some brains.

Quite a bit of it was in a 'fine' condition, indeed the things that were wrong were clutch cable, clutch, read swing arm, front tyre, loose electrics, and evidently oil filter and engine.

And I didn't ride it after it started siezing, once one cylinder blew out I was trying to simply get it to a safe place to leave it where it might still be there after

motorbyclist
14th March 2009, 17:51
simply get it to a safe place to leave it where it might still be there after

god only knows why - insurance payout would be the best you could hope for at the moment

macros87
14th March 2009, 18:20
seeing as you do seem to be in dyre need of a bike, we might agree to steal it if you leave it outside... go insure it now!

Real_Wolf
14th March 2009, 22:59
nah, insurance ran out. And figured the damn people who fixed it would have to fix it up, but they managed to weasle out of it, and by that time insurance was gonna be mighty suspicious.

Besides, insurance wouldn't pay out as much, and even then the bike has to be in a secure garage for a full pay out.

At least I never had to pay my insurance, since I was still on the 'assuming you will pay' month