PDA

View Full Version : ZX10R squid poser?

R6_kid
4th March 2009, 14:45
Who is the poser squid that rides the Fruju Orange 07 ZX10R?

Thought it interesting when he came up and pulled in front of me at the lights, full akrapovic exhaust system, iridium screen and various other goodies - how the fuck can a uni student afford such a bike... he obviously can't afford a jacket otherwise he would have been wearing more than just a t-shirt and gloved for protective gear.

Lights go green and we both turn down right to go past the business building down to the motorway. Mr Squid shows rolls up to the next lights draggin both his feet for 5m before he stops - obviously not wanting to drop it. This time I pull up on the other side of the bike and see some good signs of a decent low side. Scratched up fairings and a decent hole in the upper fairing.

Anyway, after negotiating the next few intersections at not a lot of speed it was obvious he didnt like corners too much, as my old school CB650 had no trouble going around him without breaking the speed limit - so i'm now in front of him at the next set of lights.

Lights go green and I turn hard right, then hard left on to the motorway, and continue to accelerate up to just over 100kmh... Mr Squid then decides to open up the ZX10R and passes about 1m in front of me, swerving to the otherside of the road to pass the vehicle in front of me. I 'give chase' enough to keep him in view without pissing off any other road users, and see him flying through the interchage at a good 150-160kmh and almost impale himself into the back of a car changing lanes to head west.

If any of you know him, tell him to pull his head in. If I ever meet him, bring your steak knifes, because there will be some serious beef going down.

PirateJafa
4th March 2009, 15:02
It's about par for the course for a day anywhere in Auckland innit?

R6_kid
4th March 2009, 15:05
Funnily enough, 99% of the people I tend to ride with aren't squids. And those that are still seem to be able to keep themselves in check. This guy put me in unneccesary danger simply to show off how small his cock is. And that doesn't sit well with me.

PirateJafa
4th March 2009, 15:14
Might just be me, but "passing" a show-offy squid who is on a rather faster bike with a straight just coming up wouldn't have been what I'd've done.

I'd've let him stay ahead but kept him in sight (with a box of popcorn) waiting for the next crash. ;)

R6_kid
4th March 2009, 16:08
I didn't 'pass' him, I was in a different lane, and didn't feel the need to practice my 'low speed' control.

Call me sadistic but I was hoping he was going to contact the rear bumper of the car, would have been rather spectacular.

Scouse
4th March 2009, 16:23

Thought it interesting when he came up and pulled in front of me at the lights, full akrapovic exhaust system, iridium screen and various other goodies - how the fuck can a uni student afford such a bike... he obviously can't afford a jacket otherwise he would have been wearing more than just a t-shirt and gloved for protective gear.

Lights go green and we both turn down right to go past the business building down to the motorway. Mr Squid shows rolls up to the next lights draggin both his feet for 5m before he stops - obviously not wanting to drop it. This time I pull up on the other side of the bike and see some good signs of a decent low side. Scratched up fairings and a decent hole in the upper fairing.

Anyway, after negotiating the next few intersections at not a lot of speed it was obvious he didnt like corners too much, as my old school CB650 had no trouble going around him without breaking the speed limit - so i'm now in front of him at the next set of lights.

Lights go green and I turn hard right, then hard left on to the motorway, and continue to accelerate up to just over 100kmh... Mr Squid then decides to open up the ZX10R and passes about 1m in front of me, swerving to the otherside of the road to pass the vehicle in front of me. I 'give chase' enough to keep him in view without pissing off any other road users, and see him flying through the interchage at a good 150-160kmh and almost impale himself into the back of a car changing lanes to head west.

If any of you know him, tell him to pull his head in. If I ever meet him, bring your steak knifes, because there will be some serious beef going down.Pot Kettle Black? Judging by the way you felt that you had to follow or is it just plain bike envy? arnt you supposed to be a Mentor says a lot about the screening process and quality or lack of for KB's Mentors eh.

Squiggles
4th March 2009, 17:27
Dunno, there are a few on campus who have serious financial backing (and as such, buy the biggest they can for their first bike)...

Squid69
4th March 2009, 17:41

If any of you know him, tell him to pull his head in. If I ever meet him, bring your steak knifes, because there will be some serious beef going down.

Its actually an 06. which was brought crashed a month ago and had a set of 07 fairings on.
you dont own the road! I do!

Trudes
4th March 2009, 17:47
"I can ride a bike man, I can do 220 down the motorway!"
"That's nice, but the real skill is being able to corner at that speed"
Twats.

The Stranger
4th March 2009, 18:14
Pot Kettle Black? Judging by the way you felt that you had to follow or is it just plain bike envy? arnt you supposed to be a Mentor says a lot about the screening process and quality or lack of for KB's Mentors eh.

Feel free to apply and rectify that situation.

Scouse
4th March 2009, 18:30
Feel free to apply and rectify that situation.Not interested Noel, Let me just say that the sentiment that I expresed in my previous post Does not apply to you or or some of the other mentors.

Dean
4th March 2009, 19:07
I think i know this person, well i know a guy called peter who rides a zx10 fruju orange colour bike 07 model.He wears his gear most of the time but he is young and i have seen him ride in shorts and t shirt with his cap backwards, stuff like that now and then.
And he is well a hoon, but from what i know he has the skills to back up his riding.He had a lowside not to long ago.
r6 kid any more details on him, i hope its not him hes a nice guy.

Grizzo
4th March 2009, 19:09
Only a matter of time for a fuckstick like that.

R6_kid
4th March 2009, 21:33
Pot Kettle Black? Judging by the way you felt that you had to follow or is it just plain bike envy? arnt you supposed to be a Mentor says a lot about the screening process and quality or lack of for KB's Mentors eh.

Pot Kettle Black? Yeh sure, I didn't put anyone in danger keeping him in sight, for what it's worth I didn't even break the speed limit keeping him in sight, he was probably 150-200m in front of me when he nearly rear ended the car.

I downgraded to the CB650 by choice, previous bike was a GSXR1000K3 which was handled with much more respect and precision than this hamfisted throttle jockey.

If you think i'm not fit to be a mentor then feel free to raise the point with those running the programme.

I wasn't aware that you attend the University of Auckland.

EJK
4th March 2009, 21:36
Theres a little Korean motorcycling group in Auckland. Money is what they have and skill is what they don't. Might be one of them?

Nah, I wasn't one of em sorry... Couldn't be bothered joining their Friday night rides, from town to Mission Bay...

R6_kid
4th March 2009, 21:38
Theres a little Korean motorcycling group in Auckland. Money is what they have and skill is what they don't. Might be one of them?

Nah, I wasn't one of em sorry... Couldn't be bothered joining their Friday night rides, from town to Mission Bay...

Heh i've seen some of them too, one of them has an 848?

This dude was Indian or similar, dark skin, wasn't Raj though because he didn't get his knee down.

PirateJafa
4th March 2009, 21:44

This dude was Indian or similar, dark skin, wasn't Raj though because he didn't get his knee down.

White 848? Got a mate with a GSXR600? They joined us at Wellsfort on a Waipu/SH16 ride we were doing. Nice enough
chaps on that ride - wouldn't have called them squids though. If anything else they were pussying around to the point where I passed 'em.

Squiggles
4th March 2009, 21:49
I didn't eveb break the speed limit keeping him in sight

Speed limit down there is 80 :buggerd: :lol::lol:

R6_kid
4th March 2009, 22:13
Speed limit down there is 80 :buggerd: :lol::lol:

Up from the ports? I'm sure it's 100 til you get over to the bit where it splits to go North or West... I'll double check tomorrow :doh:

motorbyclist
5th March 2009, 00:06
yeah the whole area from newmarket to the other side of the bridge is 80, including the ports

and i've seen asians driving brand new HSV falcadore holden "sports" cars around uni; driving poorly but driving nonetheless so hearing about this isn't thaaat surprising

tuesday also saw an SP1 weaving between cars at over 100kph and generally asking to be knocked off and give the rest of us a bad name. i later caught up to him in a bus lane without me ever speeding or cutting anyone off.... after all the noise tearing through fast moving traffic he does 50 in a bus lane:wacko:

EJK
5th March 2009, 01:53

Don't know about an 848 but they got a 749 and a ZX14 in their group. Nah I don't mind Indians nor Japanese nor Chinese in their fancy BMW 3 Series'. It's those Koreans them are pathetic.

Ok ok I admit, maybe I'm just jealouse of their rich parents. Maybe...

Phurrball
5th March 2009, 13:16
If it's the same one, I did notice the bike yesterday parked in the ad hoc Princes St parking.

A 10R that new does stick out at university.

Someone has been doing some serious cornering on it though - there was no chicken left on the strips that I observed. Fruju orange is a very good description of the colour.

skidMark
5th March 2009, 13:36

You would have scheduled crash points knowing you....quay street..... bail because of wind by the mini putt... okahu bay because theres corners there...
Bastion point youd prob ride into the closed off barrier
mission bay showing off...

Did he have gay white boots?

h-Lx2ihpGbc

Morcs
5th March 2009, 13:48
If it's the same one, I did notice the bike yesterday parked in the ad hoc Princes St parking.

A 10R that new does stick out at university.

Someone has been doing some serious cornering on it though - there was no chicken left on the strips that I observed. Fruju orange is a very good description of the colour.

Buying ex race tyres does that ;)

skidMark
5th March 2009, 13:55
qDA6NCtwCUw

klyong82
5th March 2009, 15:03
I know where that bike is park during the weekdays. Fits the description you mention 2 Akrapovic cans post 05 model with some cracks and it has race tyres on it. number plate is unusual too

skidMark
5th March 2009, 15:05
I know where that bike is park during the weekdays. Fits the description you mention 2 Akrapovic cans post 05 model with some cracks and it has race tyres on it. number plate is unusual too

Sounds like a job for the phantom expander.

R6_kid
5th March 2009, 16:07

Ex-race tyres are always for sale on trademe :niceone:

The fruju orange is actually almost identical, my friend used to have a fruju ZX10R and actually compared the colour :lol:

R6_kid
5th March 2009, 16:08
number plate is unusual too

Only four digits, it's been cut down to fit between the akra's.

skidMark
5th March 2009, 16:19

LMFAO

AWESOME.

z

klyong82
5th March 2009, 22:36

Yup thats the bike.....was not sure if it was legal or not

SPman
6th March 2009, 14:56
Sounds like a typical Perth scenario..........after a month or two you get oblivious to the ZX12's and Hayabusas etc ridden by guys in T shirts, shorts and jandals........

ital916
8th March 2009, 16:32
Oh that wus me breh, yous da squid cus you culduntz keep up wif me whenz I wus doing 450km/h downs tha moturway.

White boyz cant jump ur ridz hee hee hee.

jrandom
8th March 2009, 17:01
White 848? Got a mate with a GSXR600? They joined us at Wellsfort on a Waipu/SH16 ride we were doing. Nice enough
chaps on that ride - wouldn't have called them squids though. If anything else they were pussying around to the point where I passed 'em.

Ayup. Be nice to 'em, the dude on the 848's me mate. And a sensible chap he is too. If he keeps up his trackday attendance he'll be giving the likes of you the learn on the road in no time flat.

:sunny:

PirateJafa
8th March 2009, 18:42
Ayup. Be nice to 'em, the dude on the 848's me mate. And a sensible chap he is too. If he keeps up his trackday attendance he'll be giving the likes of you the learn on the road in no time flat.

Wouldn't be hard, I'm a fooking nana.

He'd only had it for 300km (which I understand is about an hour's riding on those) at that point too - fookin' miiiiint bike.

Slyer
8th March 2009, 18:52
Here be photo.