PDA

View Full Version : “Brain Training” scientist says biking keeps you young

Bob
5th March 2009, 01:13
The scientist behind the popular ‘Brain Training’ computer game said a study clearly shows riding a motorcycle keeps the brain invigorated.

Dr Ryuta Kawashima, 49, a ‘self-professed bike fan’ said "The rider's brain gets activated by riding motorbikes."

The test involved 22 men in their 40s and 50s, who held motorcycle licences but had not ridden for at least a decade. They were then split into two groups; one asked to resume riding motorcycles in everyday life for two months, and another that kept using bicycles or cars.

"The group that rode motorbikes posted higher marks in cognitive function tests," Kawashima said, adding "In a convenient and easy environment, the human mind and body get used to setting the hurdle low. Our final conclusion is that riding motorcycles can lead to smart ageing."

Maki
8th March 2009, 09:43
Wow, another thing you can tell your wife regarding the "benefits of motorcycling". I feel 20 years younger when I am out riding....

007XX
8th March 2009, 09:52
Nothing we didn't already know, especially when looking at some members of this site. :whistle:

:moon:

Grizzo
8th March 2009, 10:23
It's true it is! I'm 30 and lookamoi!!!

aahsv
12th March 2009, 00:04
Wow, another thing you can tell your wife regarding the "benefits of motorcycling". I feel 20 years younger when I am out riding....

You can also tell your wife:

"But even if riding sharpens up your brain, it may have the opposite effect on another part of your anatomy. Another group of Japanese (who else?) researchers published a study in the International Journal of Impotence Research showing a "significant difference in the prevalence of erectile dysfunction" in a control group of motorcyclists."

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/10march09_sharp&soft.htm

:crazy: