PDA

View Full Version : 122mph biker says "get rid of your bike and take the risk away"

Bob
6th March 2009, 01:32
Read this article - it is about the idiot caught doing 122mph (195kph?) with his son on the back:

http://www.thisisnorthdevon.co.uk/news/ll-speed-says-122mph-biker/article-744756-detail/article.html

What really hacks me off is the "My advice to any bikers out there would be to just get rid of your bike and take the risk away" line. Or you could just show a little discipline and NOT open the throttle to the stops! Wonder how much of that is a pitiful attempt to look remorseful for the courts?

Thankfully this idiot is no longer on a bike - gives the rest of us, who DO have self-control a bad name.

skidMark
6th March 2009, 03:23
Read this article - it is about the idiot caught doing 122mph (195kph?) with his son on the back:

http://www.thisisnorthdevon.co.uk/news/ll-speed-says-122mph-biker/article-744756-detail/article.html

What really hacks me off is the "My advice to any bikers out there would be to just get rid of your bike and take the risk away" line. Or you could just show a little discipline and NOT open the throttle to the stops! Wonder how much of that is a pitiful attempt to look remorseful for the courts?

Thankfully this idiot is no longer on a bike - gives the rest of us, who DO have self-control a bad name.

So... not even 200kph... at least half the kb rides i have been on i have seen bikes do that speed... on the way to higher digits.

Oh yeah so out of control... i can vouch for what he says on a hayabusa or even a litre bike the speed does pick up so fast...

I once gave a thou a handful (on a closed private road of course) and thought i was doing about 130kph.... looked down and saw 260...

I have also been pillion on a hayabusa again on a closed private road. ... when they rolled on in top gear.... the speed still went from 105 to 230 without batting an eyelid it doesnt feel as fast as it is and it happens fast...

I can see his point , and obviously hes trying to save his rectum in prison.

Skid

jonbuoy
6th March 2009, 04:45
It was a bit daft - pissy wet B road with a kid on the back. Doesn't deserve a jail sentence -no one was actually injured. A big fine and a ban at most.

Krayy
6th March 2009, 10:42
The bit that cracked me up was:

-----------------
Bennett said the £11,5000 GSXR had been his dream bike since the day it was released.

"It's like the Ferrari of the motorbike world," he said. "The opportunity came up for me to buy one in 2006 and I just couldn't turn it down."
-----------------
So a Hayabusa is "like the Ferrari of the motorbike world", except that it's made in Japan, is not priced so that it's elitist, and was definitely not designed by Pininfarina. Maybe he was confused and actually wanted a Desmosedici?

scumdog
6th March 2009, 10:45
The bit that cracked me up was:

-----------------
Bennett said the £11,5000 GSXR had been his dream bike since the day it was released.

"It's like the Ferrari of the motorbike world," he said. "The opportunity came up for me to buy one in 2006 and I just couldn't turn it down."
-----------------
So a Hayabusa is "like the Ferrari of the motorbike world", except that it's made in Japan, is not priced so that it's elitist, and was definitely not designed by Pininfarina. Maybe he was confused and actually wanted a Desmosedici?

Frikkin' sprotsbike riders, don't even know what sort of bike they're speeding on...

007XX
6th March 2009, 10:49
What a cretin! <_<

He more than deserves what he got and also to be hit with a ball of his own shit for being another one of those who will never take responsability for his own actions.

Edbear
6th March 2009, 10:55
... Or you could just show a little discipline and NOT open the throttle to the stops! ....

WHAT...!!!??? You're not suggesting personal responsibility are you!!??

Don't you know it's never the fault of the person being an idiot? It's Suzuki's fault for making the bike in the first place, and then it's the Gummints fault for building a road that you can do such speeds on, and if he'd crashed and killed them both it would be the weather's fault...

Bring back the men who had to walk in front of the vehicle with a red flag!!!

(Then we can blame them...)

NighthawkNZ
6th March 2009, 10:56
Frikkin' sprotsbike riders, don't even know what sort of bike they're speeding on...

I do.........

Okey Dokey
6th March 2009, 13:02
Gutless douchebag comments. Many of us ride without endangering ourselves or others. He did the crime and now he is grovelling. I wish the reporters wouldn't bother to record and print the pathetic whinings of creatures like this.

Yanosh
6th March 2009, 13:04
I can not believe that some people actually think he deserved a longer jail term?!

If I got caught doing 200+ I would expect a huge fine, possible ban but not JAIL...

Winston001
6th March 2009, 14:17
Times report on the case http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article5834573.ece

Squid69
6th March 2009, 15:48
What a cretin! <_<

He more than deserves what he got and also to be hit with a ball of his own shit for being another one of those who will never take responsability for his own actions.

200kays isnt that fast.
If you want you can jump onthe back, and ill show you how easy it is. There is a very good road down the line

Its not even 3rd gear!

007XX
8th March 2009, 09:08
200kays isnt that fast.
If you want you can jump onthe back, and ill show you how easy it is. There is a very good road down the line

Its not even 3rd gear!

Thanks but no thanks...my issue is not with the speed, but with the environment it was carried out in.

I'm always the first one out on the track pushing hubby to go faster on the rare occasions we get allowed to go two up. Unfortunately, my bike can't go to 200kms, but the training wheels will come off one day :sweatdrop

But the road is a big no no...I wish people could see that once and for all. Take it to the track folks, please!

munterk6
8th March 2009, 21:35
Skidmark....."I once gave a thou a handful (on a closed private road of course) and thought i was doing about 130kph.... looked down and saw 260..."

ROFL!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahah! wot a firkin dreamer:sweatdrop
You KNOW when you are doin 260 sonny, stop dreamin and start livin' :bye:

sinned
9th March 2009, 21:05
Times report on the case http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article5834573.ece
In that police video of the bike it doesn't seem to be going anywhere near that speed. And what is the technology they have got that takes a video and records the speed?

McJim
9th March 2009, 21:26
Skidmark....."I once gave a thou a handful (on a closed private road of course) and thought i was doing about 130kph.... looked down and saw 260..."

ROFL!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahah! wot a firkin dreamer:sweatdrop
You KNOW when you are doin 260 sonny, stop dreamin and start livin' :bye:

I find that there's a definite point at 240 where you helmet decides it doesn't want to be on your head any more.

Hyabusa dude should just buy a less powerful bike if he doesn't have any self control. My self control isn't great so I stick to 53hp. Works for me.

dpex
31st March 2009, 10:16
Whta's a 'sprotsbike'? Scumdog? Is it some sort of minibike?

NordieBoy
31st March 2009, 17:47

A sportsbike one keeps in ones gargre.

cruza
31st March 2009, 18:46

Similar to a sprotser , but has alot more power :corn:

mujambee
2nd April 2009, 19:53
I can not believe that some people actually think he deserved a longer jail term?!

If I got caught doing 200+ I would expect a huge fine, possible ban but not JAIL...

Don't come here. You'll get Jailed for doing 190 on a 120 limited road, or 90 on a 50km urban area, if you're putting someone else in danger, as the judge said he was doing to his own son.

200 on a 60 area would be jail even if you're alone there.

caseye
5th April 2009, 12:14
We let murderers out on bail, and what happens ,? they go do an aggrivated robbery, steal a car and then beat up on a poor asian, then what, ? well the judge lets em stay at home for a bit.
Then we see this, a simple speeding infringement, he's jailed and the whole world erupts in righteous indignation, CRAP! thats what this is.
Take his licence for good, make sure the local bobbies know who he is and that he never rides again, fine to the max, make sure it's paid or else jail, then forget him.
Move on to the real Killers amongst us, deal to them properly too.
No guts nor balls the authorities, pandering is all they're doing.
Like to see that cop pull over a speeding patched up bike riding gang member, bet he never has!

FROSTY
5th April 2009, 12:24
Let he who has NEVER sinned cast the first stone.

YellowDog
5th April 2009, 13:00
There is no defece against riding at 195kph in poor conditions with your kid on the back.

I would however agree with some of the posters here in that it really is so easy to pick up speed. I sometimes hit 150Kph on the way to work. I slow down to 120ish as soon as I realise however it is very easily done.

At around sppeds >200Kph, the main sensation you feel is how the cars you are overtaking almost seem to be moving backwads. It almost feels like a chemical rush and I suspect he was just showing off to his kid and knew exactly what he was doing.

Insanity_rules
8th April 2009, 22:59
What a friggin gutless statement the dude made. Oh lets just blame everyone but myself! He was in control, he should keep an eye on what he's doing. I'm the first to admit speed acclimatization is totally possible but for F sake dude you have a speedo. Millions on motorists a day have to exercise self control who doesn't he?