PDA

View Full Version : Red Devil Gang in Nelson

MyGSXF
16th March 2009, 14:48
Great.. this is all we need... :bash:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/nelson-mail/news/2266124/Bike-run-triggers-gang-fear

Okey Dokey
16th March 2009, 14:59
I hope you mean "we" as in the people of Nelson.

You've never struck me as a gang member, mygsxf:lol:

Good work by the police, says I.

Badjelly
16th March 2009, 15:01
A couple of quotes from the Stuff article

...the charity "poker run", which saw more than 200 motorcyclists ride into Nelson on Friday night...

The poker run last year raised $1500 for St John, and was again held to raise money for the organisation.

Assuming these numbers are close to the mark, and that this year is not too different from last year, that's only $7.50 per participant. Some "charity run"!

Bonez
16th March 2009, 16:09
How much was it a hand? And maybe the unpiad fines could be donated to a local charity.

wysper
16th March 2009, 16:32
sucks that this makes the news but the Auckland Westpac Helicopter Charity ride didn't.
Obviously not scary enough when the bikes are all behaving huh?

tri boy
16th March 2009, 16:37
Maybe the charity donations were used to reimburse members who had to cough up for unpaid fines.:innocent:
Hope the Red Devil Racing team isn't affected by bad press link ups.

Subike
16th March 2009, 16:51
I am sure I saw some Red Devil patches at the March Hare.
Anyone confirm?
2 on Bikes, 1 on a bulky black V8 trike
anyone seen them anywhere else?

98tls
16th March 2009, 17:22
Red Devils :laugh::laugh:fuckin morons,imagine riding round with Red Devil on ya back:clap::laugh:must be as dumb as they will look.

twotyred
16th March 2009, 17:30
mentioned in dispatches!...

Before the event, there had been calls from the online motorcycle community to boycott it because of the involvement of the Hell's Angels.

puddytat
16th March 2009, 17:31
Send them down to Murch, it'll give the rednecks at the pub someone of thier size to pick on...:tugger:

piston broke
16th March 2009, 19:07
mentioned in dispatches!...

Before the event, there had been calls from the online motorcycle community to boycott it because of the involvement of the Hell's Angels.

where was that,can't say i saw it here,not here 24/7 tho

MyGSXF
16th March 2009, 19:19

Not sure what "dispatches" is.. :no: but says it in the article hun..

"Before the event, there had been calls from the online motorcycle community to boycott it because of the involvement of the Hell's Angels"

FLYMO
16th March 2009, 19:45
maybe steve can get his gang going in nelson as well
hes the founding member of the BLACK JAFFAS.

DELLORTO
16th March 2009, 20:39
i have to say for a motor-cycle gang the "red devils" is a rather pathetic and babyish name.....i mean the red devils that the f### were they thinking?

probualy the gayest gang name in new zeland.....id say the "killer bee's" is almost as funny though.....hahahaha

twotyred
16th March 2009, 20:47

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=94152&highlight=boycott

twotyred
16th March 2009, 20:49
Not sure what "dispatches" is.. :no: but says it in the article hun..

it was a stretch,I must admit...

spacemonkey
16th March 2009, 20:51
A couple of quotes from the Stuff article

Assuming these numbers are close to the mark, and that this year is not too different from last year, that's only $7.50 per participant. Some "charity run"!

Well if it was organized by a gang. :brick:
No guesses as to where most of the money would have gone.......---->:devil2:

McJim
16th March 2009, 20:52
I've never even heard of them. I had heard of Hells Angels back in the UK but thought they had died out in the 70's as I have never actually seen one.

I was surprised to see grown men playing like children with gang names and badges (Badges? Badges? We don' need no stinkin' Badges...Blazing Saddles) :rofl:

It's a lot harder to catch the criminals that don't wear the equivalent of a black and white stripy jumper and a bag with SWAG written on it which is why we don't see any of them back home.

MyGSXF
16th March 2009, 21:48
paper article...

Bend-it
17th March 2009, 09:06
I thought you were referring to a Man Utd fan club... Now THAT would be scary...

Burtha
17th March 2009, 13:01
Gangs/Clubs are simply a group of lonely individuals who find strength as a group and enjoy the drama of the masses. I pitty them a bit cos its kinda sad that they are trying to be so big and tough, but they still have to know how to sew if they want thier patches on. Fumbling fingers with small needles - I've seen it and it still amuses me now.

As per usual though, most are ok, its the bad apples that rotten the bunch.

munterk6
4th April 2009, 07:21
heres the latest article on this....http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/national/2313821/Red-Devils-form-Nelson-chapter

looks like Nelson may be in for some bad weather, if ya know what I mean.
Gang or "Social Club", we all know they are up to no good and remind Joe Public that bikers are ALL bad people. After all the work done to prove the opposite...sheesh :argh::crazy::crybaby:

munterk6
4th April 2009, 07:27
Gangs/Clubs are simply a group of lonely individuals who find strength as a group and enjoy the drama of the masses.

Thats the premise it all begins with, then it becomes a cover for organised crime as the gang/club becomes stronger and more organised....there is always a dark side to these outlaw groups.
I myself have no family, but I will never join a gang to simulate the sense of "family' and support a gang/club may offer :no:

doc
4th April 2009, 07:49
i have to say for a motor-cycle gang the "red devils" is a rather pathetic and babyish name.....i mean the red devils that the f### were they thinking?

probualy the gayest gang name in new zeland.....id say the "killer bee's" is almost as funny though.....hahahaha

Tell that to the Red Devil members of the British Parachute Regiment Free Fall display team. :lol:

caseye
5th April 2009, 09:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burtha View Post
Gangs/Clubs are simply a group of lonely individuals who find strength as a group and enjoy the drama of the masses.

Thats the premise it all begins with, then it becomes a cover for organised crime as the gang/club becomes stronger and more organised....there is always a dark side to these outlaw groups.
I myself have no family, but I will never join a gang to simulate the sense of "family' and support a gang/club may offer.

_I couldn't agree more.If anyone thinks that any patched member of a gang won't harm them, if told to, they are seriously wrong.
No gang is a family, it's a hot bed of violence and crime education.