PDA

View Full Version : Tyga kit released for zxr250

skidMark
17th March 2009, 20:13
Two words...

DO WANT.

http://tyga-performance.com/site/index.php?cPath=73_790 :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

PirateJafa
18th March 2009, 09:35
Bah, better to get a bodykit for a real bike.

http://tyga-performance.com/site/index.php?cPath=73_765

Moar V4 powar!

icekiwi
18th March 2009, 09:45
Looks good,thinking of selling the 10 so I can have one...:drool:

del-solider
18th March 2009, 14:49
Wow that looks awesome, if i had the money and was in the market for a 250 i would buy a zxr just so i could make it look like that.

But the price is probaly some crazy figure so just buy a zx6r :laugh:

steelestring
18th March 2009, 15:08
I wonder if the price is in the same ball park as trying to get fiberglass copies of the original fairings. Anyone checked out the price of bare unpainted copies, unpainted and no hardware http://www.justfairings.co.nz/cms1/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=10 = lots of money hahaha 800 just for front surround! Dang!

steelestring
18th March 2009, 15:10
If they were even close to what it was going to cost a whole set I would go consider this option. I could have a baby ninja and ninja featus to match:banana:

unrealone
18th March 2009, 15:48
If they were even close to what it was going to cost a whole set I would go consider this option. I could have a baby ninja and ninja featus to match:banana:
You'd get mixed up and realise why you just lost 70 HP! :P

discotex
18th March 2009, 17:11
On one hand it's kinda cool (even though the original fairings look cooler it's not a bad idea after a crash).

On the other hand it's like sticking a "turbo" or "type r" sticker on your Civic.

skidMark
18th March 2009, 17:14
On one hand it's kinda cool (even though the original fairings look cooler it's not a bad idea after a crash).

On the other hand it's like sticking a "turbo" or "type r" sticker on your Civic.

Yeah but you get 1hp per square inch of sticker

For moar VTECCCCKKKZKZZZ

ital916
18th March 2009, 18:59
I dont get why people always say the old inline 4 250s are slow, I freakin love the zxr250. Pin the throttle and rev the bastard out hehe. A 200km/h top speed and 0-60 in a very short period of time *anyone? I dont have the figures* is bloody quick.

skidMark
18th March 2009, 19:01
I dont get why people always say the old inline 4 250s are slow, I freakin love the zxr250. Pin the throttle and rev the bastard out hehe. A 200km/h top speed and 0-60 in a very short period of time *anyone? I dont have the figures* is bloody quick.

Ahhh not sure on 0-100 time

The will run about a 13.7 quarter mile apparently.

Morcs
18th March 2009, 19:17
I honestly dont see the point of spending that money on a 250. if you crash it, you throw it away and buy a proper bike ;)

The impression I got, is you open the throttle, and nothing happens, yet its making a shit load of noise...

Thats what the specs may say, but it will be in the 14's.
On my RVF I was getting 12.9's - 13.0's on par with 650's - a 250 will be quite a way off that.

The manufacturers specs on the TL was that it will run a 10.7, but on all the forums the guys were doing 11's even with tuning, and my best was a 11.3 with 4 teeth up on the rear, yoshbox etc.. anyways my point is, manufacturers theoretical quarter mile times are not to be trusted, as they are probably a mathmatical equation rather than timed.

mark247
18th March 2009, 19:20

13.7 is pretty fast. My 400 is "meant" to do a 12.5 but i really cant manage anything better than a 13.4...

steelestring
18th March 2009, 19:31
You'd get mixed up and realise why you just lost 70 HP! :P

Haha:clap: As long as it sounds and looks fast :headbang: and is a green machine its cool with me.

The 250 is more comfortable than the 600... I have made some special arse grooves:2thumbsup

steelestring
18th March 2009, 19:47
13.7 is pretty fast. My 400 is "meant" to do a 12.5 but i really cant manage anything better than a 13.4...

This must be partly the riders input for various times eh>? the condition of the motor and the amount of pies the rider has eaten the previous years prior to the race? I reckon a good piss and hard wank could even shave a bit of time:niceone:

But serious now... the 400 would be quicker.

mark247
18th March 2009, 19:56
This must be partly the riders input for various times eh>? the condition of the motor and the amount of pies the rider has eaten the previous years prior to the race? I reckon a good piss and hard wank could even shave a bit of time:niceone:

But serious now... the 400 would be quicker.

Yea for sure. My bike isnt really a dunger, i cant see it being much more than a few horsepower down from stock, and I only weigh 62kg. One thing that really lets the nc30 down though is the high gearing, 100km/h in first gear is a little high for 1/4 miles when ya only have 59 horsepower or whatever it is.

steelestring
18th March 2009, 20:30
Hehehe woohoo you are just a light weight 62kgs dANG! Wish i was built like that sometimes... power to weight thingy. I am 100 and in my birthday suit. Anywayz, you will be very suprised on how much your bikes power is down on its standard original hebacious self.
I dont care so much for straight line speed its the cornering that sets off the semi-on ( type of body function and wine)

hehehe well the zxrs new suit does look very snazzy indeed. :]

mark247
18th March 2009, 20:40
Hehehe woohoo you are just a light weight 62kgs dANG! Wish i was built like that sometimes... power to weight thingy. I am 100 and in my birthday suit. Anywayz, you will be very suprised on how much your bikes power is down on its standard original hebacious self.
I dont care so much for straight line speed its the cornering that sets off the semi-on ( type of body function and wine)

hehehe well the zxrs new suit does look very snazzy indeed. :]

I dont think they lose terribly much power, my mate had a nc30 he didnt look after and never maintained as a daily rider, decided to convert it to a race bike and go racing, got it dyno'd and it was still 59hp. Pleasant surprise :niceone:

skidMark
18th March 2009, 20:49
I dont think they lose terribly much power, my mate had a nc30 he didnt look after and never maintained as a daily rider, decided to convert it to a race bike and go racing, got it dyno'd and it was still 59hp. Pleasant surprise :niceone:

Did he use a proper dyno a dreamers one that gives more bullshit numbers than factory. :buggerd:

mark247
18th March 2009, 21:23
Did he use a proper dyno a dreamers one that gives more bullshit numbers than factory. :buggerd:

Ummmm no? Please explain lol

Horsepower was horsepower last time i checked.

macros87
18th March 2009, 22:07
how much would i need for this?

skidMark
18th March 2009, 22:11
Ummmm no? Please explain lol

Horsepower was horsepower last time i checked.

some dynos feed out bullshit numbers... ie 200hp when only getting 180...

afaik red barons is one of the generous ones.

how much would i need for this?

About $2000 then $500 to get it painted.

It is made for a C model, but it could be fitted to an A model, you will need a c model gauge/mirror mount bracket, and probably a C model tank and rider seat also...

Not too hard to get your hands on...

You're in aucks as well so if ya did get it i don't mind helping ya, also if ya have anything that needs doing let me know, know my way round a zxr... lol

Buddy L
22nd March 2009, 21:49
I managed to pull a 14.5 down the 1/4 mile on my old claped out piece of shit one, then off loaded it to old skiddy here, and he still goes on about how it was the best one he evey road. ( maybe):) apart from the camchain thingy

bikerboy011
22nd March 2009, 21:56
[quote=Morcs;1986929]I honestly dont see the point of spending that money on a 250. if you crash it, you throw it away and buy a proper bike ;)

The impression I got, is you open the throttle, and nothing happens, yet its making a shit load of noise...

I agree on that.:done:

skidMark
22nd March 2009, 22:21
I managed to pull a 14.5 down the 1/4 mile on my old claped out piece of shit one, then off loaded it to old skiddy here, and he still goes on about how it was the best one he evey road. ( maybe):) apart from the camchain thingy

Yeah apart from that :weep: lol suspension and brakes was jusssst right...

I agree on that.:done:

Yeah but....i still lapped you at the taupo trackday :hug:

bikerboy011
23rd March 2009, 10:59
Yeah apart from that :weep: lol suspension and brakes was jusssst right...

Yeah but....i still lapped you at the taupo trackday :hug:

You just think you did :2thumbsup at the end you blew up the engine:lol:

skidMark
23rd March 2009, 23:44
You just think you did :2thumbsup at the end you blew up the engine:lol:

It was all worth it for the look on your face as i went around the outside knee down flipping you the bird... ;)

(p/t)

macros87
24th March 2009, 09:18
About $2000 then $500 to get it painted.

It is made for a C model, but it could be fitted to an A model, you will need a c model gauge/mirror mount bracket, and probably a C model tank and rider seat also...

Not too hard to get your hands on...

well if i ever do decide to do it and have the money ill know what im getting into.

You're in aucks as well so if ya did get it i don't mind helping ya, also if ya have anything that needs doing let me know, know my way round a zxr... lol
might take you up on that if and when the ol zxr does decide to break down man, thanks for the offer :)

madbikeboy
24th March 2009, 10:58
Thats what the specs may say, but it will be in the 14's.
On my RVF I was getting 12.9's - 13.0's on par with 650's - a 250 will be quite a way off that.

The manufacturers specs on the TL was that it will run a 10.7, but on all the forums the guys were doing 11's even with tuning, and my best was a 11.3 with 4 teeth up on the rear, yoshbox etc.. anyways my point is, manufacturers theoretical quarter mile times are not to be trusted, as they are probably a mathmatical equation rather than timed.

It's a long time. 14 second quarters. You have enough time to think about the weather, the state of the economy, and almost enough time to consider the inner workings of a woman's mind. Then you'd change into second, and start drifting off into thought again. Then into third, trying not to let the drowsiness affect anything too much. Then into fourth. A long time in this gear, perhaps long enough to read War and Peace - or consider the solution to world hunger or even global warming.

TL is fast for the first 60 feet, then my GSXR1000 would be roaring past, front wheel abut 6 inches off the ground, where it would stay until roaring through the lights in an elapsed time of about 10 seconds (and change). The level of concentration is a little higher, otherwise you can loop it. Or too much gas and the rear breaks free and you nut the tank.

Absolute overkill is perfectly adequate (for a while).

Morcs
24th March 2009, 14:09
TL is fast for the first 60 feet, then my GSXR1000 would be roaring past, front wheel abut 6 inches off the ground, where it would stay until roaring through the lights in an elapsed time of about 10 seconds (and change). The level of concentration is a little higher, otherwise you can loop it. Or too much gas and the rear breaks free and you nut the tank.

Absolute overkill is perfectly adequate (for a while).

Such a buzz ay. The adrenaline pumping through you on the line is unbeatable.
I used to slip the clutch like crazy out past the 60ft to keep the front wheel down.
I reckon idve broken into the 10's on the TL if i took it down after id finished with the mods.

Capinure
2nd April 2009, 11:13
Sexy Suit for the Zxr indeed , bank overdraft all the way

steelestring
24th April 2009, 10:33
Any new development? Anyone got one yet?

skidMark
28th June 2009, 18:39
Any new development? Anyone got one yet?

in the process now of ordering mine :Punk:

skidMark
29th June 2009, 08:55
Well...

my wallet is 2k lighter...

this thing better be as pretty in real life lol

Counter-Steer
29th June 2009, 20:35
I got my kit for my MC22 late last year, in the process of rebuilding it now. You won't be disapointed in the quality of the work, the glass is very good. What colour you going to paint?

skidMark
29th June 2009, 20:37
I got my kit for my MC22 late last year, in the process of rebuilding it now. You won't be disapointed in the quality of the work, the glass is very good. What colour you going to paint?

not sure yet

ducati pearl white, orange or kawa green

bungbung
30th June 2009, 10:37
not sure yet

ducati pearl white, orange or kawa green

Pearl orange will look hot