PDA

View Full Version : Engineering Lockers

gavjn
17th March 2009, 20:24
i just got a note in my locker in engineering that they messd up and i cant use
that locker anymore. i cudnt find anywhere else at uni that fits all my gear
(jacket, pants, boots etc.) so i dont kno where the hell im gona leave everythin...

any1 else in the same boat? mayb have sum ideas?

Ragingrob
17th March 2009, 20:39
Three of us share a locker under the quad where there are hundreds of lockers. And we manage to fit all our crap in when we need to, that's three pairs of leather pants, three leather jackets, some gloves and a couple pairs of boots. Don't fit most helmets but we usually lock them to our bikes.

gavjn
17th March 2009, 23:08
sweeeeeeeet il check that out

thnx

Real_Wolf
17th March 2009, 23:10
If your looking at a locker there, I'm willing to pay like half if I can use it too, I'd only be storing my gear there (and atm storing nothing because I don't have a bike).

motorbyclist
17th March 2009, 23:55
i just got a note in my locker in engineering that they messd up and i cant use
that locker anymore. i cudnt find anywhere else at uni that fits all my gear
(jacket, pants, boots etc.) so i dont kno where the hell im gona leave everythin...

any1 else in the same boat? mayb have sum ideas?

in the meantime you could use mine - i can't find my lock with which to actually lock my locker:pinch:

LBD
18th March 2009, 05:06
Maybe you have got another reason not to wear a helmet... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=94700

ehab2weelr
18th March 2009, 11:19
i need one too..... are there any more under the quad?

Ragingrob
18th March 2009, 11:23
I would think so... Pretty sure there are usually a decent few left each year.

gavjn
18th March 2009, 18:14
i think i may have convincd the dude to let me keep my one :P but posibly not,
thnx for the offer tho, and if this falls thru then i may jst take sum1 up on their
offer about sharing... how much are the ones under the quad?

motorbyclist
18th March 2009, 19:26
$75 or something exorbitant like that

zzzbang
18th March 2009, 19:47
$75 or something exorbitant like that

thats for the whole year though isnt it? how much are the engineering ones?... am getting tired of dragging all my crap with me all day.

Ragingrob
18th March 2009, 20:09
$60 and yep for the year :woohoo:

Real_Wolf
18th March 2009, 22:06
I'm good to go halves/thirds with one or two other people, hit me up in the chiller bout it if you are interested.

gavjn
18th March 2009, 22:43
$75!?!?!?!?

engineering was $20!

Phurrball
19th March 2009, 13:24
$20 sounds closer to the Law school lockers as well.

I'm pretty sure that they don't check you're a LAW student (refundable deposit too!)

They are small though - will fit SOME helmet shells and not others.

I went in wearing heaps of bike gear and carrying bags and the kind folk in law reception took pity when I cheekily asked for 2 adjacent lockers! There is a vast number of lockers, and only about half ever seem to be in use.

Good under cover parking at law school too. Ya just gotta steel yourself for the slog up the hill if you're not a law student.

Could be worth a try for some people?

Real_Wolf
19th March 2009, 17:50
yeah, its like $15 for a physics locker, but I'd struggle to get my jacket+pants in there, and it WOULD fit a helmet if the little sidebits weren't there, but otherwise a helmet tends to be too wide (Tempted to go at the locker door with a hammer, then it'd fit, and not push into anyone elses locker either)

ehab2weelr
19th March 2009, 20:34
the ones under the quad are the best you can fit so much crap in there... by the end of the year you find out you have to make two trips to clear the dam thing hahaha but yea not costs big $$$$$$$$$$