PDA

View Full Version : Want a ride?

ehab2weelr
18th March 2009, 13:55
i have many people ask me whens the next ride.... as most of you know by now i have lost the use of my 5th and 6th gears so me not too sure bout going on long rides, but i know many people who do.....

so any one have any ideas of a ride sometime soon??

something for new riders and something for the big boys (or girls) or both...

stev. wana take new riders out on the open road??

motorbyclist
18th March 2009, 14:22
lol - SMCTNR

edit: and if you're riding that gsxr750 properly on a decent road you should only need up to 3rd gear anyway :bleh:

PirateJafa
18th March 2009, 14:32
We do plenty of rides Ehab, you just never come along. :P

As Andrew said, SMCTNR tomorrow arvo.

Ragingrob
18th March 2009, 17:11
Some people work Thursday nights :weep:

I do rides, at least 100km a day, only 85km of those are motorway, sometimes lane-splitting. Sound like fun? Newbies welcome :lol:

ehab2weelr
19th March 2009, 20:23
night rides arent the best thing for new riders cuz... and yea i could ride my bike on 3rd, but im too lazy and broke to make a ride aye....hahah

gavjn
19th March 2009, 21:24
Some people work Thursday nights :weep:

I do rides, at least 100km a day, only 85km of those are motorway, sometimes lane-splitting. Sound like fun? Newbies welcome :lol:

lol theres something about lane splitting down the motorway that jst str8 gets
me off... mayb its coz ive spent so many hours in a car sitting in the traffic...
but anyway, id b keen for a bit of competition on the motorway... i always
seem to overtake other bikers but never get overtaken... is that coz its frownd
upon? or ppl jst dont like doing it... always keen tho :P

motorbyclist
19th March 2009, 21:27
it's cause different riders feel different speeds are safe, and you're at the faster end of the bell curve

just let them know you're there. splitting up either side of the middle lane is pretty dodgy - what if a cager sees one of you and moves to give them space, thus cutting the other off?

Ragingrob
19th March 2009, 21:39
Haha yeah na I'm not a quick lane-splitter, don't split above 55kph and never more than 20kph differential between me and the traffic. Just seems to easy for a car to jump across in front of me so I don't risk it!

gavjn
19th March 2009, 22:15
yea of course... i always watch out for other bikers doin it and if there is i only overtake if they let me pass, never go round them on different lanes

PirateJafa
20th March 2009, 14:35
want a ride?????
Yeah, bang me hard baby.

macros87
20th March 2009, 14:57
Haha yeah na I'm not a quick lane-splitter, don't split above 55kph and never more than 20kph differential between me and the traffic. Just seems to easy for a car to jump across in front of me so I don't risk it!
i second that, i fell that if you have to split faster than that, then traffics probably fast enough to get back in line :) also try to let others thru if i think im holding them up.. so i let everyone thru :( i have low rider self steem

Slyer
20th March 2009, 15:05
I'll split at most any speed if the traffic is completely stopped.

macros87
20th March 2009, 15:07
I'll split at most any speed if the traffic is completely stopped.

really? i dont think ive split thru completely stopped traffic at more than maybe 30.. perhaps even slower, must admit i dont check the speed when splitting, just go with what feel right, but i wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt all that fast

Sidewinder
20th March 2009, 15:08
Mormons are always keen to take new riders out and convert them into the beleif!

The Pastor
21st March 2009, 17:47
dont do it! its a trap!

gavjn
21st March 2009, 18:01
dont supose any1s planing on goin for a ride tomoro? havnt managd 2 get out with any1 yet and im keen as shit...

let me know if any1 is

gavjn
21st March 2009, 18:38
dont supose any1s planing on goin for a ride tomoro? havnt managd 2 get out with any1 yet and im keen as shit...

let me know if any1 is

zzzbang
21st March 2009, 19:05

let me know if any1 is

what time and where you wna go? me and another guy might be goin but im out of ideas for location

gavjn
21st March 2009, 23:08
any time.. where ever... north? coromandel? i dont mind ay.
mid day ish? mayb

gavjn
21st March 2009, 23:11
cud meet at uni or autobarn?
txt me and we'l go from there if ur keen

gavjn
22nd March 2009, 00:56
if any1 else is keen, leaving from kumeu bp at 11am (22nd) heading up sthw 16

ehab2weelr
23rd March 2009, 19:36
lol theres something about lane splitting down the motorway that jst str8 gets
me off... mayb its coz ive spent so many hours in a car sitting in the traffic...
but anyway, id b keen for a bit of competition on the motorway... i always
seem to overtake other bikers but never get overtaken... P

competition you want....competition you get if you can catch me that is..
muahahahahah

PirateJafa
23rd March 2009, 19:41
competition you want....competition you get if you can catch me that is..
muahahahahah
Not hard - considering you've only got four working gears at the moment Ehab, you'll be relegated to the 250 group soon. ;)

Ryan432
23rd March 2009, 20:02
4 gears is plenty! Im off work tomorrow if anyone is keen for a short ride? maybe up 16 then across to Warkworth on West Coast rd (or Woodcock rd??) up to Welsford then back down 16?

gavjn
24th March 2009, 19:21
ahhhh thats shit... i wudve been keen as... jst saw now :(

see u thursday tho!!1

Ryan432
24th March 2009, 19:49
Im off work tomorrow aswell if anyones keen to ditch uni/finishes early/starts late?

gavjn
24th March 2009, 21:36
i can finish at 2? so cud meet sumwhere with bike at 2.30? pretty keen for it ay. b sweet if we cud get a few others as well. realy dont mind where we go, jst lyk to get the hell away from uni lol

gavjn
24th March 2009, 21:40
o shit, i actualy cant take rest of day off, got a lab test ><

finish at 4.30, so if ur keen then its al go

GSXR Trace
25th March 2009, 14:38
you lot actually organising rides... does that mean some of the bikes are actually working? :gob:

PirateJafa
25th March 2009, 15:38
you lot actually organising rides... does that mean some of the bikes are actually working? :gob:
Nah, it just means that we've all got our insurance up-to-date, crash bungs fitted and bought some new armoured leathers - so now we feel we can let a few of you crash-a-lot-KBers along.

GSXR Trace
25th March 2009, 15:45
Nah, it just means that we've all got our insurance up-to-date, crash bungs fitted and bought some new armoured leathers - so now we feel we can let a few of you crash-a-lot-KBers along.

didn't realise crash bungs help when someone takes you up the rear...
nor do they help when vans drive over your bike

HenryDorsetCase
25th March 2009, 15:57
I'm TOLD (and have read on KB) that the best thing for being taken up the rear is lube, Lots and lots of lube....

(yes I know its juvelile but who could resist)??

GSXR Trace
25th March 2009, 16:33
I'm TOLD (and have read on KB) that the best thing for being taken up the rear is lube, Lots and lots of lube....

(yes I know its juvelile but who could resist)??

the use of wording was selected purposefully, and jafa has since told me he now feels rather violated... so if someone could ride a hyosung near him that would be really great! :buggerd::Pokey:

have a good ride guys

Hanne
25th March 2009, 16:59
the use of wording was selected purposefully, and jafa has since told me he now feels rather violated... so if someone could ride a hyosung near him that would be really great! :buggerd::Pokey:

Secretly he enjoys it.
He's just disappointed it wasn't another Honda. That would've been double the fun :P

Real_Wolf
25th March 2009, 21:37
didn't realise crash bungs help when someone takes you up the rear...

He does ride a honda.... sorta had it coming

Jahdafario
25th March 2009, 23:45
yup,

speed fest whitianga, 4th and 5th, includes coro loop, proly just go 4th,

ahem, i mean, coro loop 4th and 5th, includes speed fest