PDA

View Full Version : Noob Introduction - Simey

Simey
18th March 2009, 16:59
Hey guys,
I'm Simon. Yeah, my nickname is Simey, it's all good, so long as you don't say it like a pedophile.
I was at the chiller on Friday, if you can figure out who I am.
So yeah, just thought I would introduce myself and post some pics of my bad ass chopper.

Ragingrob
18th March 2009, 17:12
Hey nice to meet ya last Friday, better see you out on the road sometime huh! Just don't let Stephen anywhere near that thing :poke:

PirateJafa
18th March 2009, 17:29
Yes, Stephen has a unnatural fetish for all things Honda.

Welcome to the club mate, and look forward to seeing you on a ride - SMCTNR is tomorrow night... ;)

Simey
18th March 2009, 17:32
Oh yeah. Is this "I'm a raging dictator" club pres Stephen? I'll keep an eye on that guy, he seems a bit shifty.
Yeah, I might come on the TNC tomorrow. Do you guys do a petrol stop along the way? I don't know if my tank is good for it, eh. :laugh:

Squiggles
18th March 2009, 17:33
Oh yeah. Is this "I'm a raging dictator" club pres Stephen? I'll keep an eye on that guy, he seems a bit shifty.

Yeah, i blow up VT250FD's... still got a rusty exhaust system for one tho

motorbyclist
18th March 2009, 19:30
Yeah, I might come on the TNC tomorrow. Do you guys do a petrol stop along the way? I don't know if my tank is good for it, eh. :laugh:

we can at wellsford if needs be, but your tank should be good for 160km shouldn't it?

zzzbang
18th March 2009, 19:39
Yea, definitely come along Simon.

Getting excited, all the hard days of uni are done for the week, now just have to wait till thursday afternoon for the ride! :scooter::scooter:

Simey
18th March 2009, 20:10
we can at wellsford if needs be, but your tank should be good for 160km shouldn't it?

Just did some math, traveling to Hamilton I manage just over 5l per 100kms. with a twelve litre tank, so I have some headroom. :-)

I wish my serious classes were done. :-( 9:00am start Friday and a test.

zzzbang
18th March 2009, 20:46
Man.. a test in week 3(i think its week 3 now...)? your lecturers seem to be quite eager people...
Been few weeks already and all my papers seem to just be starting any proper content, weird semester.

Real_Wolf
18th March 2009, 22:08
I got a test too, and the start of a project due on friday, not to mention lab thursday for 3 hours.

Some people have all the luck.

Heh, with my hobo beard stephen is looking alot less shifty in comparison

motorbyclist
18th March 2009, 22:10
Just did some math, traveling to Hamilton I manage just over 5l per 100kms. with a twelve litre tank, so I have some headroom. :-)

I wish my serious classes were done. :-( 9:00am start Friday and a test.

that's 20km/L - which is about what I get on only a slightly larger tank

Man.. a test in week 3(i think its week 3 now...)? your lecturers seem to be quite eager people...
Been few weeks already and all my papers seem to just be starting any proper content, weird semester.

i've got a test on friday and first project due this coming monday

last year they gave us a project on the very first day

shingo
18th March 2009, 23:04
that's 20km/L - which is about what I get on only a slightly larger tank

One would expect a 250 twin to do better than that, i used to get 30km/L out of my VTR.

Real_Wolf
19th March 2009, 09:06
yeah, my shoddy xs250 got better than that, about 150km a tank and about $12 dollars max to fill up, thats 6l, 25km/L and thats very negatively biased, so its more than that really

Ragingrob
19th March 2009, 09:07
And I get over 20km/L out of the viffer!

Simey
19th March 2009, 12:39
yeah, my shoddy xs250 got better than that, about 150km a tank and about $12 dollars max to fill up, thats 6l, 25km/L and thats very negatively biased, so its more than that really

Dunno, eh. I was guessing on the conservative side. I know she gets better economy around town than on the open road.
Meh, as long as she keeps starting first time, I'll forgive her.

Real_Wolf
19th March 2009, 17:49
lol, more than mine would do

ehab2weelr
19th March 2009, 20:48
welcome to the two wheeler club...... hope to see you on some rides if i ever get my lazy ars on the open road hahaha

Hanne
19th March 2009, 21:48
Holy crap, a VT! One of those was SUPPOSed to be my learner bike years ago... think it was the first incomplete bike Stephen ever bught and never finished!

Welcome to the club, see youse all tomorrrrrow