PDA

View Full Version : Vmoto monza JP50 problem...

turned
23rd March 2009, 13:36
Hi bike gurus

Im totally noob so bear with me...

Recently the oil light started going on and off so I went to the petrol station and bought some Mobil 2 stroke oil (as the booklet and ex owener instructed me to do so) and the light went off. Since I put the oil in (what i was told to be the oil container under the seat) and I dont know if its related or not, the bike has been slow off the mark, and not sounding very happy at all.

I bought my scooter off a family member in january, it was purchased new by the family member (who bought a Nissan ZX....) and had has no history of issues. Was serviced i think just before christmas and last thursday it rolled over the 4000km mark. I have been riding with passengers (shes quite light) up kinda steep hills which seemed to be bit of a workout for the bike but it never had a poblem. I didnt have a passenger and havnt carried one since it started making a churning noise when accelerating off the mark but sounding ok once im going.

Could you please help me find out what is wrong with it? Im happy to answer more questions and am more than keen to start pulling it apart.

Thanks

SS90
31st March 2009, 07:23
The most common problem with the MONZA was the rear bearing in the belt cover failing.

You have to remove the outer aluminium cover ( a matter of removing the allen head screws), then pulling it off.

Inside the cover, at the rear is a small bearing, that locates on the rear clutch hub shaft.

Inspect that bearing, I would bet it's knackered.

The problem with being slow off the mark MAY be caused by either flattened rollers in the front pully, or sticking drive bush (simply dissasemble the front pully to inspect, clean, reassemble with good quaility grease, and test.

If you are not confident with a set of spanners, it would be advisable to take it to a shop.

If the fault is indeed the bearing, it's complicated to get replace. Special tools are needed.