PDA

View Full Version : Decreasing respect for car drivers

Danae
28th March 2009, 12:46
This happened after me and Jafa left the chiller on friday. We went down Symond's St and headed down another street (I forgot what it's called). Halfway down the hill this dark red station wagon-type car roars past us, almost clipping us. Doesn't even look back as I give the finger! Thoroughly shaken we head towards a gas station. After filling up, Jafa's bike doesn't start (lol) so lots of fun was had push starting it.
Later that night we decide to get some dinner (Wendy's yomnomnom). We're riding along and I look behind me just in time to see a car nearly clip the back wheel while switching lanes without indicating. At the next lights this lunatic screeches around us and blocks the lane. A big maori fella half gets out of the car and starts raving at us, then proceeds to block the right turn lane while the arrow's green. Gah! Then we pull into Wendy's and manage to get two american sized-small combos. YUMMY

Moral of the story, try not to ride around late on a Friday night.

BMWST?
28th March 2009, 13:17
This happened after me and Jafa left the chiller on friday. We went down Symond's St and headed down another street (I forgot what it's called). Halfway down the hill this dark red station wagon-type car roars past us, almost clipping us. Doesn't even look back as I give the finger! Thoroughly shaken we head towards a gas station. After filling up, Jafa's bike doesn't start (lol) so lots of fun was had push starting it.
Later that night we decide to get some dinner (Wendy's yomnomnom). We're riding along and I look behind me just in time to see a car nearly clip the back wheel while switching lanes without indicating. At the next lights this lunatic screeches around us and blocks the lane. A big maori fella half gets out of the car and starts raving at us, then proceeds to block the right turn lane while the arrow's green. Gah! Then we pull into Wendy's and manage to get two american sized-small combos. YUMMY

Moral of the story, try not to ride around late on a Friday night.

check your tail/brake lights lately?

Danae
28th March 2009, 14:49
Not my bike and I'm pretty sure the tail lights work fine. Although they do have angry eyebrows taped above them so it might be a tad provoking. XD

motorbyclist
28th March 2009, 15:41
what exactly was he raving about? near misses are commonplace, but it sounds like he thinks jafa did something wrong.....

a lot of cagers and particularly bikers (and even more so cyclists) don't seem to realise that other road users have different perceptions of what is safe and reasonable

CookMySock
28th March 2009, 15:49
Sounds to me like you need a bigger bike with a noisy exhaust on it, and some nasty looking protective gear and a black-tinted visor. Then everyone will be really nice to you.

Steve

Maha
28th March 2009, 15:53
More often than not, if someone goes to the trouble of getting out of their car (half or otherwise) then they are more likely to have a reason for doing so. The first car?...just some wanker proving to himself he can drive Jackie Stewart...sorry I will try.....Greg Murphy? Second car (lane changer) it happens, and we are talking Friday Night in Auckland here!

mattian
28th March 2009, 15:57
Stories like this are a dime a dozen. Just ask any biker....... particularly those of us that ride in Auckland. My advice is, get used to it and try your best not to aggrevate the situation by giving people the fingers or abuse. In my experience, retaliation only leads to an escalating situation. When its car versus bike, we all know who comes off second best. Try not to let it rattle you and enjoy :niceone:

Maha
28th March 2009, 16:00
What is a Yamaha Vino???
Edit: Found it on Google images.....:shutup:

macros87
28th March 2009, 16:47
i thought the real moral of the story was "if you don't want to hate cars and car drivers, don't ride a bike"

skidMark
28th March 2009, 16:57
what exactly was he raving about? near misses are commonplace, but it sounds like he thinks jafa did something wrong.....

a lot of cagers and particularly bikers (and even more so cyclists) don't seem to realise that other road users have different perceptions of what is safe and reasonable

Yeah i have found the longer i have been a biker the more you step away from the car attitude... in that you ride round thinking you are being a nana.... but put simply is your mother saw, she would be horrified.

motorbyclist
28th March 2009, 18:17
i thought the real moral of the story was "if you don't want to hate cars and car drivers, don't ride a bike"

dunno, even driving a car can be pretty infuriating (in an "omfg wtf do you think you're doing outside of a mental ward for the retarded" sort of way)

Real_Wolf
28th March 2009, 18:57
Yes, I think tha people here are being too much against jsut car drivers vs bikes.

Having driven a car a hell of alot, I can say that you usually see the EXACT same stupidity from car drivers, when your in a car, even if its a big 4x4.

Its not that your in a bike most of the time (though, for some people it is), but just that they are useless at driving.

Also, I have seem retarded bike riders who make things worse for the car drivers, and cause lots of problems, cutting people off with their lane splitting, going on the wrong side of the road when theres oncoming cars, so bike riders aren't saints.

Its not car drivers are idiots, or bikers are idiots. Its idiots are allowed to use vehicles.

zzzbang
28th March 2009, 22:27
Stories like this are a dime a dozen. Just ask any biker....... particularly those of us that ride in Auckland. My advice is, get used to it and try your best not to aggrevate the situation by giving people the fingers or abuse. In my experience, retaliation only leads to an escalating situation. When its car versus bike, we all know who comes off second best. Try not to let it rattle you and enjoy :niceone:

as long as the guy in the car is stuck in traffic he cant come run you down.. so he has to get out of his car and come deal with you (while you have your gear on), so he is the disadvantaged one in auckland city. :motu:

Danae
29th March 2009, 15:30
I think the license tests should include some idiot-proof questions and practicals.

Ok so maybe I shouldn't have flipped the bird at that guy but it was pretty fookin close.

Ragingrob
29th March 2009, 15:39
Yeah remember these are just particular individuals, if they had a bike they'd probably act in that exact same manner. It's not as if you've lost your respect for me and David and Shaun and Andrew all as car drivers as well as bike riders ay!

PirateJafa
29th March 2009, 15:59
Firstly, my brake lights work.

Secondly, having a louder exhaust is not necessary, as the bike is already audible from several corners away on any given stretch of road, as well as blowing large blue flames from the exhaust.

Thirdly - in regards to the second car, I have no sympathy for whatever the car driver was ranting on about. I am not interested in the slightest as to what a drunken car-driver has to say to me.

Danae
29th March 2009, 17:28
Bad choice in title then. XD Sensible car drivers are all gee, brooo.

Slyer
29th March 2009, 18:04
Jafa? Driving/Riding sensibly?

motorbyclist
29th March 2009, 23:25
Yes, I think tha people here are being too much against jsut car drivers vs bik
Its not car drivers are idiots, or bikers are idiots. Its idiots are allowed to use vehicles.

+1

I am not interested in the slightest as to what a drunken car-driver has to say to me.

exactly

Squiggles
30th March 2009, 17:26
I am not interested in the slightest as to what a drunken car-driver has to say to me.

*Remembers our trip through Hamilton...* :lol:

Danae
31st March 2009, 00:01
Real wolf wins. (: Idiot drivers/riders cause unnecessary fear.

Metalor
1st April 2009, 09:57
If you have THAT much of a problem with them, just kill them. All of them.

CookMySock
1st April 2009, 13:53
If you have THAT much of a problem with them, just kill them. All of them.At least make them THINK that they are going to die. No problems after that.

Steve

Tank
1st April 2009, 19:28
Sounds to me like you need a bigger bike with a noisy exhaust on it, and some nasty looking protective gear and a black-tinted visor. Then everyone will be really nice to you.

Steve

The only people who are intimidated because you are wearing protective gear and a black tinted visor are pussys who wouldn't stand up to a confrontation anyways.

On the other-side only pussys think that it makes them look hard and use it as a crutch / prop.

Metalor
2nd April 2009, 19:26
I look like a faggot no matter what I do so I just spend my days shoving penis shaped objects up my arse.

motorbyclist
2nd April 2009, 21:47
BURN THEM

(wait, WHAT?!)

Real_Wolf
2nd April 2009, 23:55
I look like a faggot no matter what I do so I just spend my days shoving penis shaped objects up my arse.

What a co-incidence, so do all those honda members in our club

Whynot
3rd April 2009, 02:23
Yum, Wendys :cool:

Zim_Invader
4th April 2009, 12:14
What a co-incidence, so do all those honda members in our club

Low Blow mate... At least our honda's all Actually Work (irregardless of Rob Norris' Presence!). As far as i can recall, the only one who got arse raped was ahem.... u? hahah... u on a new bike yet bud? (sorry. i'm a bit behind the times here, still tryin t catch up since my india trip)

Real_Wolf
4th April 2009, 18:24
nah bro, looking for one as soon as I get the grand frmo studylink

Zim_Invader
4th April 2009, 22:55
Haha... Then, may i suggest a Honda!!???? they're oh so uber reliable, and i'm pretty sure there's about 60 odd here on the SMC that'll vouch for em!

- muhuhuhahaha... join us! joins us honda bikers! and together, we shall rule the SMC!!!! muhuhuhahahaha!

(.............:yawn:)