PDA

View Full Version : ROUND 4: Tokoroa - 26 April

Z1_ZPF_BOY
6th April 2009, 20:04
Hey everyone,

Who's coming to Tokoroa????:scooter:

I don't know much about the track.... is there any little things to watch out for or keep in mind???:dodge:

See you all there:2thumbsup

Cheers,

Connor

orange
6th April 2009, 21:13
the tarmac it's hard!!!

Z1_ZPF_BOY
6th April 2009, 21:22
haha, ill keep that i mind orange.:ride:

Gadgit
6th April 2009, 21:23
It's a small track tight hair pin. nice sweeper on a gradant and a very techy shacain and a nice long straight not as long as Tam tho. Not many people in the club will be able to tell you alot about the track as there are only a very few still in the club that actualy raced on it back in 05-06.

Z1_ZPF_BOY
6th April 2009, 21:27
cheers Gadgit, sounds like a pretty wicked track. Is the hair-pin at the end of the straight??

Gadgit
6th April 2009, 21:31
Yea the track is basicly an ovel with a S kinked into one side of it

Z1_ZPF_BOY
6th April 2009, 21:40
ok cool, is there a practice on Saturday?

Gadgit
6th April 2009, 22:34
No fraid not this time.. Track hire alone for the sunday will be a hard one to cover for the club... the day will run at a loss but there is a good chance we could gain new members from the day if we promote it enough.

orange
7th April 2009, 10:34
charge 30 dollars per rider then.

Ray LeCheminant
7th April 2009, 12:45

I agree Orange, we are supposed to pay $10.00 for practice day , plus racing at $20.00

Make it $30.00 and all is well

BigAl
7th April 2009, 14:56
Nice short technical track, racing should be good.;)

Gadgit
8th April 2009, 13:21

Could do but the notice would be a bit short for most people to just bump up the price...
And I wouldn't be able to let Bjorn ride as $60 entry would brake me bank lol

imdying
8th April 2009, 15:04
Really? Aren't you riding minimotos worth several thousand dollars each?

DELLORTO
8th April 2009, 16:46

no pocket is nz is worth that........

Gadgit
8th April 2009, 18:01

Yip it's true my bike is worth a few G but I've had to work me ass off to get it and keep it running... at the mo it's running chinesse eletricts and clutch cause I just don't have the money to get the euro parts for it... but love the sport so much I pinch every penny just to turn up to the meetings.... not really the point tho as the price was set at the AGM for all meetings and changing it now would upset some club members.

Leyton
18th April 2009, 12:45
Ahhhh I knew something was on around my birthday!

I might make an apperance with my not so small bike with my camera on my back and do some infield photos for you chaps if you have not already a dedicated photographer.

What are the track costs associated with this ?

BigAl
18th April 2009, 16:08
Ahhhh I knew something was on around my birthday!

I might make an apperance with my not so small bike with my camera on my back and do some infield photos for you chaps if you have not already a dedicated photographer.

What are the track costs associated with this ?

How much have you got? :cool:

Spectators are free Leyton, how's that B1 going? or have you been too occupied with the 250.

Leyton
18th April 2009, 19:23
A mixture of many and verious reasons, mostly fundage and time related, more time. The 250cc is acually alot cheaper to enjoy :) Minibike more fun though! but not by much hehe

When I can be bothered with some spare $$ I will get a barrel kit for the B1 and throw it back together and take it from there :)

How much have you got? :cool:

Spectators are free Leyton, how's that B1 going? or have you been too occupied with the 250.

Grant`
18th April 2009, 19:40
Where abouts in Tok is this event? Other than driving through on way to taupo i don't know this place very well at all...

Do they have a website for the event ?

DELLORTO
18th April 2009, 19:51
Where abouts in Tok is this event? Other than driving through on way to taupo i don't know this place very well at all...

Do they have a website for the event ?

www.nzmmrc.co.nz and look on the map section...

cheers

Grant`
18th April 2009, 20:45
Cheers for that :headbang:

Leyton
3rd May 2009, 21:33
Did you guys end up going to this event ?

I chickened out because of the weather..

Gadgit
3rd May 2009, 21:43
Yea it was a mint day. Rain held off the the track was dry for the best part of the day apart from a few spits during prize giving. I did manage a ugly high side tho lol ribs are still brused and I think I may have done a bit of damage to me shoulder but was still a mint day.

Leyton
3rd May 2009, 21:51
@#$%!#$%#$@%$@# Dammit!!! Hehe I had all my stuff ready to roll that morning too. My camera was ready to roll that day, what a pain. Edgecumb is the next track day is it ?

Those damn high sides! Good you did not crack anything!

I still have not been bothered to seek parts for my B1 yet :/, Just needs a barrel/piston kit and I am away rolling again. I should take my flywheel to the old mans at some stage and inspect its roundness I am sure it will be fine.