PDA

View Full Version : Need clutch help

Fub@r
7th April 2009, 13:03
I have a 2006 Hyosung GT250R.

About 3 months ago the bike had a service, oil change, new brake pads etc. Since it was serviced I can no longer get neutral when stationary, in fact I struggle to change it to any gear. If the bike is still moving neutral is not a problem.

I have tried adjusting the clutch cable etc but it makes no difference. So I thought maybe its the oil that was used? So went back to mechanics and did another oil change with a different oil. Mechanic was excellent only charged for the oil used.

Alas it has made no difference. Any ideas?

Squiggles
7th April 2009, 13:15
Whats your chain tension like?

Fub@r
8th April 2009, 10:12
Whats your chain tension like?

Chain is fine, bit on the slack side.

The Pastor
8th April 2009, 16:22
Bike gear boxes only really work when the wheel is moving. This is normal and happens on most bikes - sometimes it will work most of the time it wont.

Try putting in first gear and letting the clutch out so u move forward a little bit then try getting in to neutral.

When coming to a stop etc, don't change down 2 or 3 gears at a time, do it one at a time.

Then again you have a hyosung, and you've had it a few years... Its probably time to replace the gearbox, engine and frame.

With the plastics and tank of course.

Fub@r
9th April 2009, 09:19
Bike gear boxes only really work when the wheel is moving. This is normal and happens on most bikes - sometimes it will work most of the time it wont.

Try putting in first gear and letting the clutch out so u move forward a little bit then try getting in to neutral.

When coming to a stop etc, don't change down 2 or 3 gears at a time, do it one at a time.

Then again you have a hyosung, and you've had it a few years... Its probably time to replace the gearbox, engine and frame.

With the plastics and tank of course.

I could always drag up that photo of you standing on a street corner dressed in drag :)

Max Preload
9th April 2009, 16:31
Give it a quick blip on the throttle before attempting to select neutral if at a standstill. The problem will be oil related - I've had it before.

Fub@r
15th April 2009, 13:12
Give it a quick blip on the throttle before attempting to select neutral if at a standstill. The problem will be oil related - I've had it before.

Giving the bike a blip if I time it right does allow me to change the gear, but finding neutral not easy to hit this way. Do get some strage looks from people thinking I'm being impatient though :)

With your bike was oil too thin or thick?