PDA

View Full Version : Getting bucket ready for Mt Wellington

Toast
11th April 2009, 20:11
Hey all

I just bought myself a bucket. It's pretty much ready to go but I'm told that I will need to put some plastic on the axles and footpegs before I'm allowed out on Mt Wellington cart track

I'm gonna get some skateboard wheels off Trademe for the axles and that should be no worry to fit, but I'm unsure of where to get some suitable thick plastic to fit to the footpegs...any ideas? Also what is the best was to fit it to the peg? Just drill holes vertically in the pegs and put screws down through the pegs and plastic?

Cheers!

Phil

boostin
11th April 2009, 20:42
The cheapest plastic to use is the nylon cutting boards from the warehouse!

Mrs Busa Pete
11th April 2009, 21:07
Hey all

I just bought myself a bucket. It's pretty much ready to go but I'm told that I will need to put some plastic on the axles and footpegs before I'm allowed out on Mt Wellington cart track

I'm gonna get some skateboard wheels off Trademe for the axles and that should be no worry to fit, but I'm unsure of where to get some suitable thick plastic to fit to the footpegs...any ideas? Also what is the best was to fit it to the peg? Just drill holes vertically in the pegs and put screws down through the pegs and plastic?

Cheers!

Phil

Just get some hose and tap fit it on to the pegs.

BigAl
11th April 2009, 21:50
Hey Phil,

Places like Handtool house sell nylon rod in different colours and sizes, good option for frame protection.

Toast
13th April 2009, 09:19
The cheapest plastic to use is the nylon cutting boards from the warehouse!

Just get some hose and tap fit it on to the pegs.

Hey Phil,

Places like Handtool house sell nylon rod in different colours and sizes, good option for frame protection.

Cheers for the ideas guys. I'll see what I can get while I'm out today!