PDA

View Full Version : MC22 Engine for CBR250RR - yes I know...

jetboy
17th April 2009, 16:11
...I'm probably posting in the wrong place but for some reason I can't set up a Wanted to Buy ad- it won't let me!

I am looking for a complete MC22 engine for a CBR250RR.
I have seen one on TradeMe but the guy wants a grand for it - this seems a bit extravagant to me or should I expect to pay this?

All help appreciated!

Seraph
17th April 2009, 18:42
I have one from an mc19 that was involved in a wee accident a while ago. evrything is there, less carbs. and radiator.
Cant guarantee that it will run stright away as i think it may have got a small ammount of water in the intakes.
the covers are also bright orange.
u can have it 4 $200

jetboy
20th April 2009, 11:57
Thanks for the heads up mate, but I am still relatively inexperienced when it comes to bikes....do you know if it will swap right over in the place of an MC22?

aer0
20th April 2009, 15:10
Thanks for the heads up mate, but I am still relatively inexperienced when it comes to bikes....do you know if it will swap right over in the place of an MC22?

not straight swap but i do know its been done

jetboy
20th April 2009, 16:36
not straight swap but i do know its been done
ahh ok thanks for that. I'd like to stick to the MC22 if possible in that case...I want a relatively hassle-free swap considering this will be my first transplant on a bike.

so the MC19 applies to 250R's, and the MC22 is for the 250RR?

kiwifruit
20th April 2009, 16:45
Whats wrong with the engine in it now?

jetboy
21st April 2009, 08:26
Whats wrong with the engine in it now?

cracked crank case among others - figured the easiest thing to do was to swap it over with a new donk and keep it for parts

The Pastor
21st April 2009, 10:00
so the MC19 applies to 250R's, and the MC22 is for the 250RR?

correct. but i'm fairly sure they should swap over, they have the same exterior mounting bits?

check out cbr250.com and ask there, heaps of people on that site.

Switch
21st April 2009, 10:19
My partners mc22 blew bits out the side of her crankcase a while back. We searched for an engine for a very long time, and nearly ended up buying one from aussie for close to a grand. Then luckily a mate came to the rescue and sold us his one for a few hundred.
Keep looking before you buy one for a grand, there are bound to be some around.

t3mp0r4ry nzr
21st April 2009, 10:44
you might be searching for a long time tho. they would be few and far betw een. maybe fix up your existing one? or fork out the 1k. M.C engines are expensive due to low numbers of them around

jetboy
25th May 2009, 11:53
I found an MC22 wreck for $400 - engine is mint just bent forks, so can use as a spare parts machine too.

Got the old donk out on Saturday and looking to slip the new one in over Queens Birthday. Then, ladies and gentlemen, I will finally be able to ride on the road! Mint!

Icemaestro
8th June 2009, 23:09
I found an MC22 wreck for $400 - engine is mint just bent forks, so can use as a spare parts machine too.

Got the old donk out on Saturday and looking to slip the new one in over Queens Birthday. Then, ladies and gentlemen, I will finally be able to ride on the road! Mint!

Where'd you find the wreck?how many km's had the engine done?theres a wreck out at corsa in panmure...I'm currently looking at a cbr250rr that's done like 92000km...worries me...