PDA

View Full Version : Club behaviour?

ital916
4th May 2009, 12:20
Just wanted to get a quick count of opinions as far as club rules go. Seeing as this year the club seems to have a decent amount of positions and dedicated organisers, it seems that club rules of behaviour should be drafted.

Not sure what they should be but maybe behaviour like twelve o clocking rides in the car park and pulling burnouts arent the best of ideas as we have seen how uni security already doesnt like us being there.

Also for the patch idea, if riders are wearing a club patch ensure that behaviour whilst wearing the patch is a good reflection upon the club.

Just putting it out there for thought.

Dushy

Slyer
4th May 2009, 12:26
Be considerate and don't break the law?
Seems to pretty much cover it.

ital916
4th May 2009, 12:37
Thanks for the tag sam, I guess I was correct in saying you are a prepubescent twelve year old.
:finger:, at least I know who does that tag now.

Slyer
4th May 2009, 12:45
What tag? I seriously never ever tag anything.
Don't assume it was me just because I posted... how shortsighted of you.

PirateJafa
4th May 2009, 13:02
Maybe no unintentional twelve o'clocking? :Pokey:

Wheelies are always big and clever.

R6_kid
4th May 2009, 13:06
Is it a motorcycle club or a day care group?

Don't make me slap your black ass dushy.

Cheers,
uncle cracker

PirateJafa
4th May 2009, 13:10
Shite, if I have to behave while wearing the logo then I'd never be allowed to ride.

Squiggles
4th May 2009, 13:38
Thanks for the tag sam, I guess I was correct in saying you are a prepubescent twelve year old.
:finger:, at least I know who does that tag now.

Its not an SMC member...

xwhatsit
4th May 2009, 13:44
Is it a motorcycle club or a day care group?

Don't make me slap your black ass dushy.

Cheers,
uncle cracker
+1.

What's this `patch' anyway. We're not a motorcycle club motorcycle club. Simply a university club focused around bikes.

Start adding rules and codes of conducts you change the dynamic.

Whoever tagged `hallway monitor' is on the money.

Ixion
4th May 2009, 13:52
Rules ? RULES ??? WTF Since when were there rules ? Someone tell me what they are so I can break them all. I don't do rules.

Phurrball
4th May 2009, 14:07
This country already has many laws that apply people in its realm.

The University has rules.

AUSA has rules regarding clubs.

AUSMC does not need more rules. The preceding more than cover it.

Treat others as you'd like to be treated - as Slyer suggests - how's that for a rule? We don't need any more. (And I'm a rule man ;))

I think you're asking for trouble starting this thread Dushy.

Especially given the way things seem to be heading in your second post.

(If the prez wasn't so laissez faire, he might remove the thread before the gnashing and wailing starts - but it's not his style, and I respect that, so play nicely people!)

The SMC seems to work nicely with self regulation and common sense (failure?)

Ragingrob
4th May 2009, 14:40
:corn: :whistle:

Rule number 1 - Secretaries must wear a dress

Squid69
4th May 2009, 15:04
Just wanted to get a quick count of opinions as far as club rules go. Seeing as this year the club seems to have a decent amount of positions and dedicated organisers, it seems that club rules of behaviour should be drafted.

Not sure what they should be but maybe behaviour like twelve o clocking rides in the car park and pulling burnouts arent the best of ideas as we have seen how uni security already doesnt like us being there.

Also for the patch idea, if riders are wearing a club patch ensure that behaviour whilst wearing the patch is a good reflection upon the club.

Dushy
Ima ride where i wanna ride, fuck yea!

ima smash what i wanna smash, fuck yea!

rules? were motorcyclists for fucks sake!

Squid69
4th May 2009, 15:06
:corn: :whistle:

Rule number 1 - Secretaries must wear a dress

I vote this rule into effect!

I also propose that when on tour that we must take our own rubbish home!

Maha
4th May 2009, 15:08

Dushy

Just dont turn up at the Puhoi Pub wearing a patch when the Headhunters are there, they will kick your arse into next week.
Y'all should be ok with 'The Seeds Of Abraham'...;)

PirateJafa
4th May 2009, 15:16
The first rule of Fight Auckland Uni Scooter'n Motorbike Club is: you do not talk about AUSM Club. The second rule of AUSM Club is: you DO NOT talk about AUSM Club!

motorbyclist
4th May 2009, 17:02
i think what we can gather thus far, dushi, is that no; we do not need a code of conduct beyond self responsibility and common sense, which i hope we all try to maintain in our daily lives anyway

btw it's NOT a patch, it's a "logo" :rolleyes:

The Pastor
4th May 2009, 17:12
dushy dose raise a point, its much eaiser to tell someone to change if they are breaking the code of conduct etc.

lets put it into perspective, ages ago on the cheese cutter campain ride, carver and sidewinder (or was it pathos) did wheelies etc this was picked up by the media. Now if they were SMC how do you think auckland Uni would feel about one of thier clubs pulling wheelies.

on the other hand, fuck the rules.

motorbyclist
4th May 2009, 17:24
well 99.9% of the riders there had the common sense to behave on that ride - rules can't account for idiocy, if anything they encourage it

ital916
4th May 2009, 18:47
sorry sam, I assumed it was you as the post had two views, one of them being you....i dont retract my 12yr old statement tho :whistle: *wanted me to get rid of the boobie avata:whistle:r..grumble*.

Funny that a club with no rules, fuck yeah, I is gonna go pulls some burnies in the carpark later..WOOT.......not.

Thought the more more active members of the club would be pro for it. Renegade gets it...again.

I wont delete this thread ross, it encourages discussion *bashing*. Oh and r6, you can try slap my black ass around but you might end up picking pieces of bottle out of your head again lol.

Oh well guess you guys are to badass for me, Ill let the point rest in peace.:grouphug:

carver
4th May 2009, 19:42
dushy dose raise a point, its much eaiser to tell someone to change if they are breaking the code of conduct etc.

lets put it into perspective, ages ago on the cheese cutter campain ride, carver and sidewinder (or was it pathos) did wheelies etc this was picked up by the media. Now if they were SMC how do you think auckland Uni would feel about one of thier clubs pulling wheelies.

on the other hand, fuck the rules.

it was sidewinder and i!
the media did not know about us

quasi made a big deal out of it and had a cry about how it was being made a big deal!

most bins wins!

gavjn
4th May 2009, 19:56
wow... hostile

Squiggles
4th May 2009, 20:54
Funny that a club with no rules, fuck yeah, I is gonna go pulls some burnies in the carpark later..WOOT.......not.

Dont pull out of a debate before its truly started.
You want us to rule our members? To have the can and cant do's as if we're a secret society, that is somewhat amusing. We have informal rules, based on common sense, such as: You wear a helmet, you dont get pissed and ride... Do we need more? Who are we to dictate to others and force our ideals upon them?
Quote me and answer the questions! :)

macros87
4th May 2009, 20:57
wow... hostile

that happens.. just remember the rest of us can be :calm: and just plain nicer :hug:

bomma
4th May 2009, 21:07
sorry sam, I assumed it was you as the post had two views, one of them being you....i dont retract my 12yr old statement tho :whistle: *wanted me to get rid of the boobie avata:whistle:r..grumble*.

Thought the more more active members of the club would be pro for it. Renegade gets it...again.

I wont delete this thread ross, it encourages discussion *bashing*. Oh and r6, you can try slap my black ass around but you might end up picking pieces of bottle out of your head again lol.

Oh well guess you guys are to badass for me, Ill let the point rest in peace.:grouphug:

Dont pull out of a debate before its truly started.
You want us to rule our members? To have the can and cant do's as if we're a secret society, that is somewhat amusing. We have informal rules, based on common sense, such as: You wear a helmet, you dont get pissed and ride... Do we need more? Who are we to dictate to others and force our ideals upon them?
Quote me and answer the questions! :)

although you do make a good point dushi re: certain unacceptable behaviours being declared unacceptable by a code of conduct, it is not exactly moral to impose it onto members of a university motorcycle club. how would you feel if the drinking club imposed on it's members a rule that everyone had to get smashed in public at least once a year??

but on a bigger picture note, i think it is a good idea from the view point that the more active members proactively inform people who are doing dumb shit around uni ie. cp36 (or whatever the hell it's called) like people who park in an idiotic fashion, or people who gun it around there, or people who come in and/or exit through alfred/symonds sts. although ,since chris has left most of the gunning it, burnouts and wheelies have ceased...:whistle:

motorbyclist
4th May 2009, 22:39
although ,since chris has left most of the gunning it, burnouts and wheelies have ceased...:whistle:

except for those done by a certain scooter rider....

Real_Wolf
4th May 2009, 23:55
Above and beyond the "do we need rules" we have to think about how the hell would we enforce them?

The only actual clout the club has is "you get kicked out of the club" which means, well, your not officially in the AUSMC.

So beyond kicking people out, after which they'd still continue going and doing whatever rule they broke to get kicked out, how would we convince them to do otherwise other than explaining it to them and hoping they listen.

Thus, no rules, no regulations, just plain common sense

Phurrball
5th May 2009, 00:06
Was something specific concerning you young Dushy? What sort of rules did you have in mind? Code of conduct type? Constitutional??

sorry sam, I assumed it was you as the post had two views, one of them being you....i dont retract my 12yr old statement tho :whistle: *wanted me to get rid of the boobie avata:whistle:r..grumble*

I'd have thought that as the OP, you would have sought to keep it on point.

FWIW the avatar is rather pre-pubescent and smacks of sneaking behind the bike sheds at intermediate with an ill-gotten tug mag. Boobies are great, but those are distracting and annoying. Make it static FFS!

RM and yourself miss the point that rules already exist.

NZ laws; university rules; AUSA rules. Why duplicate?

What you're talking about WRT teh cheesecutter ride is PR: rules allow consequences for a breach.

No rule could have prevented dumbass antics at the cheesecutter ride.

There were cameras and a crowd...certain people always play up given the oxygen of publicity.

As stated, 99.9% DID follow the CONVENTIONS of common sense and courtesy. Conventions have no binding effect other than on the conscience of those involved.

That's where we're at as a club. I quite like it this way. We all play pretty nicely most of the time.

Re read my post.

I never said delete the thread. I implied that a prudent mod might delete the thread based on the direction your second post was taking it. And that Sir Squiggs wouldn't as he is ultra hands-off, which is fine as people can and do hang themselves with their own words.

I'll discuss many a thing all day. I discuss well. I like to discuss.

FWIW I'm glad there has been some discussion, although I think that it's a moot point as there is nothing to remedy as the club does not need rules per se.

The only thing I can think of would be a more comprehensive constitution? Though I don't think that's what you were getting at, as that's procedural rules rather than operational rules.

Oh, and I quite agree - the club design is a logo, not a patch. Patches ask for trubs.

Re the rules for the carpark - these are pretty clear, though I'm not sure if they're formalised.

HungusMaximist
5th May 2009, 08:58
Just some basic common courtesy or whatever code of conduct will do.

If you see some stupid shit, tell them as it is. We're not here to enforce anything but we should all make a habit of informing people so that they don't ruin it for the rest us. Simple really.

Btw, we're all adults here... Well most us are anyway...

Danae
6th May 2009, 01:06
except for those done by a certain scooter rider....

:whistle:

I'm still not quite sure if it was fail or win. My brakelight still works so win in that respect

xwhatsit
6th May 2009, 07:45
:whistle:

I'm still not quite sure if it was fail or win. My brakelight still works so win in that respect
Sounds like win to me.

My Honda C50 pulls mean wheelies too, but it's a bit easier as there's a gear lever you can press down on to disengage the clutch... rev it out... let go and it pops back into first.

That's how I broke the original brake light. $40 for a new lens, will try not to do it again! 4.4hp@10,000rpm is a brutal thing when unleashed!

Chrislost
6th May 2009, 11:51
although ,since chris has left most of the gunning it, burnouts and wheelies have ceased...:whistle:

Sounds like its time to visit the bottom carpark again...

Phurrball
6th May 2009, 11:52
Does anyone else find it wryly ironic that this thread has moved off topic...

...onto discussing 12 o'clock wheelies on improbable machinery...

:rofl:

Internet forum dynamics win again!

Ixion
6th May 2009, 12:05
BSA Bantam was *the* machine for 12 oclock wheelies.

Rev the engine as hard as y' dared, drop the clutch, up she'd come, slide backwards off the seat and run along behind the vertical bike.

No power, but heavy as flywheel will do it every time

Ixion
6th May 2009, 12:07
Hey, what about a race on that basis? Running along behind a vertical wheelying motorbike. See, powerful machines will fail cos the runner won't be able to keep up.

PirateJafa
6th May 2009, 12:10
Hey, what about a race on that basis? Running along behind a vertical wheelying motorbike. See, powerful machines will fail cos the runner won't be able to keep up.
It'd be a race until the carbs ran out of fuel?

Ixion
6th May 2009, 12:24
FI FTW

10 effin chars, epic fail

PirateJafa
6th May 2009, 12:27
FI FTW

Fuel injection?

Next you'll be riding a Honda, ya fag.

Ixion
6th May 2009, 12:56
I am a foundation member of the Society for the Abolition of that Vile Contraption the Carburettor.

Carburettor = Fail.

gavjn
6th May 2009, 13:22
i agree, "FI FTW", hate chokes lol

Slyer
6th May 2009, 13:58
How about we ban having large amounts of quote boxes in our sigs that take up far too much room?

Ixion
6th May 2009, 15:50
I don't display signatures.

Danae
6th May 2009, 16:36
Wynard street for scooter drags! Never actually seen a car on it and I think there's only the one little speedbump all the way down the end. But it'd be awesome.

Ragingrob
6th May 2009, 18:53
Wynard street for scooter drags! Never actually seen a car on it and I think there's only the one little speedbump all the way down the end. But it'd be awesome.

Never actually seen a car on it? There are heaps of work vehicles etc always there! And I'm sure there are a few speed bumps too.

Will have to check tomo :wacko:

ital916
6th May 2009, 19:18
i agree, "FI FTW", hate chokes lol

FI bikes have auto chokes.

xwhatsit
6th May 2009, 21:39
Strictly speaking it's not really a choke; no air is blocked, the computer just feeds in more fuel than usual.

I don't like the idea of FI, means I'd have to start carrying around a battery.

Phurrball
6th May 2009, 21:41

Should you not be dragging us back on topic?

On the off topic: Not all - some have a manual fast idle lever, and it ain't technically a choke (EDIT: Tom got there first) ;) Aren't you supposed to be the Engineering student though?

Most newer ones are have auto enriching for start up though. Handy that.

I'm quite fond of the fueling a carb can give. Has a nice 'soft' edge to the power delivery and lacks the snatch that FI can serve up.

I miss the cavernous 48mm flat slides on my Firestorm. A little anyway...I don't miss the fuel bill.

As for FI FTW - weren't WWII Messerschmitt fighters FI? They didn't win... QED? or not...

gavjn
6th May 2009, 21:48

but u dont have 2 choke it 2 start it. unnecessary inconvenience

Ixion
6th May 2009, 22:07
Should you not be dragging us back on topic?

No

Most newer ones are have auto enriching for start up though. Handy that.

As for FI FTW - weren't WWII Messerschmitt fighters FI? They didn't win... QED? or not...

Amal carbs had that. Was called a tickler. Didn't need a choke just tickle the bastard.

Messerthingies were FI, yith. Mechanical but, not electronic, on account of electons hadn't been invented. Was very good, they could fly upside down which the Spitfires couldn't (not for long, anyway) , which proves that FI is better.

Danae
6th May 2009, 22:09
Never actually seen a car on it? There are heaps of work vehicles etc always there! And I'm sure there are a few speed bumps too.

:shifty: Not any moving cars anyway.

The Pastor
6th May 2009, 22:31
but but but carbs are sooooo smooooth FI is rubbish!

xwhatsit
6th May 2009, 22:56
Amal carbs had that. Was called a tickler. Didn't need a choke just tickle the bastard.
Or pumper carb. Twist the throttle three-four times then kick. I don't even have the choke cable connected.

Ixion
7th May 2009, 00:08
but but but carbs are sooooo smooooth FI is rubbish!

Dude, stop living in th epast. this is the 22nd century, got to keep up with the technology.

The Pastor
7th May 2009, 00:35
Dude, stop living in th epast. this is the 22nd century, got to keep up with the technology.
i'll keep up with technology when and if i can afford it!

motorbyclist
7th May 2009, 01:41
I don't like the idea of FI, means I'd have to start carrying around a battery.

OR a really big capacitor :D

but u dont have 2 choke it 2 start it. unnecessary inconvenience

I don't have to choke my carbureted rvf either;

just get a well engineered bike :bleh:

ital916
7th May 2009, 08:28
OR a really big capacitor :D

I don't have to choke my carbureted rvf either;

just get a well engineered bike :bleh:

no choke on cold mornings...hmmm might be running a tad rich?, I dont need to choke mine but then I know she runs a bit rich.

Phurrball
7th May 2009, 10:02
Behaviour of club members' cold start systems? Starting code of conduct?

Off-topic SMC wins!

We just need a poll on carbs VS FI and a mention of whether you wave when starting and to whom.

(My neighbours might once have waved...their fists...when I started the Firestorm at 6.15am to go to work!)

Chrislost
7th May 2009, 10:50
no choke on cold mornings...hmmm might be running a tad rich?, I dont need to choke mine but then I know she runs a bit rich.
rich at 1500 RPM is good for a bike that revs to 15,000

Behaviour of club members' cold start systems? Starting code of conduct?

Off-topic SMC wins!

We just need a poll on carbs VS FI and a mention of whether you wave when starting and to whom.

(My neighbours might once have waved...their fists...when I started the Firestorm at 6.15am to go to work!)
hope you gave the right bar a good twist, yknow, to blow the shit out of the pipes...

Grey Weasel
9th May 2009, 08:50

There are 2, they are bouncy.

Danae
9th May 2009, 14:52
There are 2, they are bouncy.

Excellent. :lol:

Ixion
9th May 2009, 15:12
You people do realise, don't you, that some of us read these threads from the top down.

And reading "There are 2, they are bouncy" sets an expectation that is cruelly dashed when a few threads further on it revealed that it is speed bumps being discussed !

There is only one thing worth discussing which comes in bouncy pairs.

ital916
9th May 2009, 17:02
You people do realise, don't you, that some of us read these threads from the top down.

And reading "There are 2, they are bouncy" sets an expectation that is cruelly dashed when a few threads further on it revealed that it is speed bumps being discussed !

There is only one thing worth discussing which comes in bouncy pairs.

I reckon a kid was playing with a physics set back in the fifties, who accidentally shot themselves decades into the future into the body of their future old self......cos you dont sound like an old person les ;), you even got text speech down to an artform that few can understand :wacko:

PirateJafa
9th May 2009, 17:53
I reckon a kid was playing with a physics set back in the fifties, who accidentally shot themselves decades into the future into the body of their future old self......cos you dont sound like an old person les ;), you even got text speech down to an artform that few can understand :wacko:

S'truth.

Tom and myself have stood together a few times trying to decipher Ixion's text messages.

Texts aren't quite like the old telegrams Les - they no longer charge you by the letter!

Phurrball
9th May 2009, 18:33
S'truth.

Tom and myself have stood together a few times trying to decipher Ixion's text messages.

Texts aren't quite like the old telegrams Les - they no longer charge you by the letter!

Ah, but there is the arbitrary 160 character cut-off.

Txt msgs ought to consist of a sliding scale between 'Proper English'™ and the linguistic effeciencies required to fit in your message and get the best value from your telco's character allocation.

Predictive txt even checks yer spelling!

Proper words if space allows plz ;)

Danae
9th May 2009, 19:26
Nokia predictive owns you all :woohoo:

Ixion
9th May 2009, 20:27
S'truth.

!CHG/C = 1 BUT TXT.LEN <160 :. [] C CNT. i H8 STPD 160 ! NO Y IS.

(TXT.GEEK >> TXT.STD)

Ixion
9th May 2009, 20:31
BTW , did u no tht ther r ppz hu NVR txt. Weird. A whl ago I wz spzd 2 go 2 a mtg c abt 20 ppz + I did ! no addrz. So I tht "OK ezy , I txt sm1 + ask". But ! 1 of them even HAD a cell ph. How weird is that ?

Real_Wolf
10th May 2009, 00:26
(TXT.GEEK >> TXT.STD)

No duh, std's are bad, means you've been doing the naughty without protection.

Also, god, no clue what half of your message means

Slyer
10th May 2009, 09:49
"STD" has been changed to "STI" to clarify and also avoid confustion, get with the times.