PDA

View Full Version : Lube sale

klyong82
6th May 2009, 16:54
Hi if any guys interested in getting engine oil for your prized posession; there's offer again from Bluepak Auckland on Q8 engine oil.

4 STROKE

Moto SBK 10W-40 4L $ 24 & 1L $ 7 Semi-Synthetic

Chain Lube 400ml $ 6
Air Filter Oil 500ml $ 6

They do have other mineral and full synthetic oil plus all sorts of lubes but not sure if the specials still apply. I have used the SBK 10W-40 semi synthetic in my Fireblade and the blade likes it so I am stocking more up in my secret bunker.

So call Barry at 021-408885
if you purchase enough he will delivery it straight to your door for free.

edit or if anyone wanna buy with me let me know might get a group discount but be quick I think offer ends next week

motorbyclist
6th May 2009, 17:04
has he got a website?

that's how much for how many litres? what grade/spec is it (ie, will it survive in my dirtbike which really needs 20W-40 at SH or better)

klyong82
6th May 2009, 17:27
has he got a website?

that's how much for how many litres? what grade/spec is it (ie, will it survive in my dirtbike which really needs 20W-40 at SH or better)

Whoops thanks for that made the changes....
http://www.bluepak.co.nz/ for info.

Real_Wolf
6th May 2009, 17:27
how good is the chain lube? need some of that myself

motorbyclist
6th May 2009, 17:31
good thing i asked - the SBK stuff is good but the GT doesn't meet the spec for my YZF

just ran out of chain lube and need a few litres of fork oil too so I'll give himm a call next week for sure!

klyong82
6th May 2009, 17:33
how good is the chain lube? need some of that myself

I bought a can 6 months ago have not used it as I wanted to finish my old maxima can first but for $6 bucks worth a try I think but if you call up make sure to ask if it is suitable for o-ring chains. He told me that he usually sell the chain lube to dirt bike riders and they have come back with good reviews...how true I am yet to find out

klyong82
6th May 2009, 17:36
good thing i asked - the SBK stuff is good but the GT doesn't meet the spec for my YZF

just ran out of chain lube and need a few litres of fork oil too so I'll give himm a call next week for sure!

Fork oil they were selling it for $7 bucks for a 1 litre half a year ago

refer to this thread and the pricing they were offering half a year ago
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=86561&highlight=sbk+formula

Icemaestro
6th May 2009, 18:37
Do you reckon I could put some of the 10w40 semi synthetic in my 83 cbx250? the guy at honda once said that it'd be better off with mineral oil but I think it was running on semi 15w40 before that....

motorbyclist
6th May 2009, 18:48
Do you reckon I could put some of the 10w40 semi synthetic in my 83 cbx250? the guy at honda once said that it'd be better off with mineral oil but I think it was running on semi 15w40 before that....

now i know you shouldn't run mineral where synthetic is required because the mineral gets destroyed and isn't slippery enough to ebgin with, but can't remember any reason you can't run synthetic where mineral was intended - though i'm sure i've been given one in the past

Icemaestro
6th May 2009, 19:11
As far as older motors go though (single 250 with radial valves, 1983) is it fine to put semi synthetic's in them?

klyong82
6th May 2009, 20:36
I thought old bikes should be using mineral oil.......

shingo
6th May 2009, 20:48
That's my understanding too. Something to do with their seals not liking synthetic oil.

HungusMaximist
6th May 2009, 21:43
Let's do a group buy and score some discounts.

I'll start us off, let say 1 barrel of the 10w-40?

Phurrball
6th May 2009, 21:55
Thanks Kim -

I'm needing some for big Yellow, but at that price, I might stash some extra...

Aa7
6th May 2009, 22:05
Hi if any guys interested in getting engine oil for your prized posession; there's offer again from Bluepak Auckland on Q8 engine oil.<snip>

Whoops thanks for that made the changes....
http://www.bluepak.co.nz/ for info.

this website says they are in Wellington. Are the prices you have been given for delivery to Auckland and at quantities are they delivered free or is it available for pickup from Auckland somewhere. Any idea of the price of their coolant also? I'd be keen on a few 4L oil packs, some chain lube and coolant too at those prices.

klyong82
6th May 2009, 23:03
Let's do a group buy and score some discounts.

I'll start us off, let say 1 barrel of the 10w-40?

Alright 205L barrel i think its gonna cost $850.

Thanks Kim -

I'm needing some for big Yellow, but at that price, I might stash some extra...

Sweet just give Barry a ring.

this website says they are in Wellington. Are the prices you have been given for delivery to Auckland and at quantities are they delivered free or is it available for pickup from Auckland somewhere. Any idea of the price of their coolant also? I'd be keen on a few 4L oil packs, some chain lube and coolant too at those prices.

Bluepak have a distributor in Auckland only out in Takanini or Papakura which you can pick up if you want to. Barry delivered it to me and hungusmaximist for free as Barry makes alot of deliveries to Auckland CBD. Just give him a ring...

motorbyclist
7th May 2009, 01:47
That's my understanding too. Something to do with their seals not liking synthetic oil.

ahhh that was it!

yeah run mineral in mineral or you may find freshly developed oil leaks (among other issues) as the seals change size.

besides - all those journal bearings have had a LOT of work designing them to work well given a particular range of oil properties. let's not ignore some poor japanese engineer's hard work.

Icemaestro
7th May 2009, 06:44
all my manual says is it likes 10w40....I'm just assuming semi synthetics weren't generally around back in '83 Lol

klyong82
7th May 2009, 08:46
all my manual says is it likes 10w40....I'm just assuming semi synthetics weren't generally around back in '83 Lol

Apparently synthetics oil has been in existance since the 50's....but probably not for commercially. I think oil was cheap back then

Slyer
7th May 2009, 08:53
That barrel is actually a pretty good deal.

HungusMaximist
7th May 2009, 09:32
Kim, if you don't mind checking if there will be any discount for a big group buy.

Say give you cash and he'll bring it around to yours.

Btw, did he mention when the $24.00 deal gonna end?

Real_Wolf
7th May 2009, 09:45
Figure I'll need lube one day, might as well get some while its cheap, going for a group buy? If so I'll put my order in with yours, if not let me know and i'll go order it seperately

klyong82
7th May 2009, 10:51
Kim, if you don't mind checking if there will be any discount for a big group buy.

Say give you cash and he'll bring it around to yours.

Btw, did he mention when the $24.00 deal gonna end?

How many you after? Will need at least 20 bottles and probably you save a $1 off for each bottle. Otherwise just call and he will drop it off to you.....you bought it off him before. He said sale might end next week...

Figure I'll need lube one day, might as well get some while its cheap, going for a group buy? If so I'll put my order in with yours, if not let me know and i'll go order it seperately

You can order it and they will drop it off to you at no charge......

Icemaestro
7th May 2009, 11:24
ahhh that was it!

yeah run mineral in mineral or you may find freshly developed oil leaks (among other issues) as the seals change size.

besides - all those journal bearings have had a LOT of work designing them to work well given a particular range of oil properties. let's not ignore some poor japanese engineer's hard work.

Probably explains why it developed oil leaks when i switched from the semi 10w15 timmay had been putting in it to the 20w50 honda reccommended!

Icemaestro
7th May 2009, 11:25
back to the point, do we just call up an order?might get some chain lube since I shouldn't go with the oil...

klyong82
7th May 2009, 13:15
back to the point, do we just call up an order?might get some chain lube since I shouldn't go with the oil...

Yeah call Barry and tell him what you want. Tell him the bike you are riding and he will run thru his manuals.....and ask if he can do free delivery for you too. sweet