PDA

View Full Version : Anyone free 1pm wed?

Squiggles
12th May 2009, 11:26
This e-mail is to let you know that your application to affiliate as a club within the AUSA umbrella has been approved.

You now need to attend a Student Forum meeting to approve this application. A Student Forum meeting (previously known as SRC) takes place every WEDNESDAY at 1pm in the quad. Within the 4 weeks of your application you MUST attend one of these meetings, it is up to you which one you choose to affiliate at.

You must report to Student Central at 12.45pm to inform the clubs department that you will be attending. Once your club name has been called by the Student Forum chairman, a representative from your club must stand up and speak. This speech can be from 10 seconds to one minute, and can be as brief or detailed as you choose. Most clubs just introduce the clubs name and give a brief description of what the club provides.

Once this has been completed, your club is now in the Student Forum minutes and is an official member under the AUSA umbrella

I have a class i cant miss, just need someone to get up there and say we're the bike club, and we like motorcycles :yes:

Phurrball
12th May 2009, 13:43
I can help out there.

Does it matter that I'm not a student anymore??

Student forum is less scary than court-based assessment.

Will txt ya Squiggs...

Squiggles
12th May 2009, 15:27
I can help out there.

Does it matter that I'm not a student anymore??

Student forum is less scary than court-based assessment.

Will txt ya Squiggs...

Cheers, doesnt matter if they're a student or not, only that they're a member. :rockon:

Phurrball
12th May 2009, 19:23
OK -

Will stand up and spiel something to the effect of:

We're the University Scooter and Motorcycle club
We're passionate about using 2 wheels for transport and pleasure
We are an active club with lots of members
We're in our third year
It's only a dollar to join!
We advocate on behalf of all University bike riders and scooterists with the University, Council, ACC etc
Regular rides, fix its, get togethers and discounts

Rather more ad lib on the day.

That's near enough...

How many members do we have again? Hundreds?

Anything else we should add? Mascot is a cone? Angry Eyebrows compulsory (or at least very strongly advocated)?

Ixion
12th May 2009, 19:27
You need to put in some greenie stuff. About fostering bio-sustainable transport , and minimising congestion.

Real_Wolf
12th May 2009, 20:07
heh, no angry eyebrows for teh accross, its already black (and currently only black tape is in use).

Yah, that sounds like plenty, maybe let anyone know if they wanna join to rock up to strata, 4th floor of the kate edgar building at about 3 onwards on fridays

Phurrball
12th May 2009, 20:49
You need to put in some greenie stuff. About fostering bio-sustainable transport , and minimising congestion.

Check! It's almost so obvious to us as to be implicit - but not to everyone I guess.

Ooky
12th May 2009, 21:33
using black tape to put angry eyebrows on yourself couldn't hurt the cause could it?:yes:

Phurrball
12th May 2009, 22:25
using black tape to put angry eyebrows on yourself couldn't hurt the cause could it?:yes:

I could tape a whole angry face on the top of my head.

I do have a blank canvass there...

Should I be taking Larry, Conelius, and Bruce for backup??

Ixion
12th May 2009, 22:29
Unwise. It might cause the audience to question whether any of the members ( apart from yourself) were, like, *alive*. A question which, in the absence of definitive evidence of negation, would best be left unposed.

Phurrball
12th May 2009, 22:48
Unwise. It might cause the audience to question whether any of the members ( apart from yourself) were, like, *alive*. A question which, in the absence of definitive evidence of negation, would best be left unposed.

:rofl: Bruce is very much alive! Especially when food is to be had...

Conelius would not look out of place in the quad. Undercover mascot.

Larry could ride on Bruce, who would be charging about seeking the many food scraps available.

It would be a farce of epic proportions! Huzzah!

(Seriously though, I'll make a good impression...honest! :innocent:)

Squiggles
12th May 2009, 22:55
How many members do we have again? Hundreds?

~130 on the books so far this year

We like motorcycles, cones, and most importantly.... beer. :rockon:

motorbyclist
13th May 2009, 00:59
might want to specify which sort of cones to which you are referring... :doobey:

Hanne
13th May 2009, 05:14
Oh. Oh, ICECREAM cones, all the way.
honest. :innocent:
And what sort of beer?

Ragingrob
13th May 2009, 06:27
Grizzly bears!

Chrislost
13th May 2009, 09:10
might want to specify which sort of cones to which you are referring... :doobey:

We like the ones that slow ya down a tad during a ride...

macros87
13th May 2009, 10:42
~130 on the books so far this year

We like motorcycles, cones, and most importantly.... beer. :rockon:

a 130?!!! where are this 130 members? I've never seen or heard of at least 70 of those members (i am being generous there too).

The Pastor
13th May 2009, 11:31
WHY WAS EVERYONE POSTING EARLY TODaY?

Danae
13th May 2009, 14:02
Morning KB run before work/uni I gather. xD

macros87
13th May 2009, 15:31
Morning KB run before work/uni I gather. xD

sounds about right.. im starting to compulsively check this place, dnt like what its doing to me! how did this presentation go?

motorbyclist
13th May 2009, 17:05
sounds about right.. im starting to compulsively check this place, dnt like what its doing to me!

and that is just the beginning!

Phurrball
13th May 2009, 18:50
No problems. One ran screaming or lobbed projectiles...

The meeting chair was hurrying everyone along apace - no time for lofty statements of intent or impressive figures and achievements:

Largely went:

I'm Ross from the University Scooter and Motorcycle club - what we're about is largely self explanatory...blah blah...transport and pleasure...advocacy...if you want to find us go to www.kiwibiker.co.nz and look under the forums tab or head for the helmets at Strata on a Friday night...

...but then I'm pretty sure no one was listening/could hear.

There was significant microphone fail, but everyone present approved ratification of all the clubs...so we're in!:clap::first::banana::headbang:

Danae
13th May 2009, 18:53
Sweeet! :first: