PDA

View Full Version : Best place for Dyno jetting in Waikato/BOP?

scracha
17th May 2009, 21:10
Stuck a pipe I had lying around (FZR400 I think?) onto a hurricane 600 as the original dustbin that was on it scrawped on the ground and weighed about as much as an elephant poo. Anyhoo....it's power tails off well before the red-line so it aint running right.

Where's the best place to go for getting it ran on a dyno and jetted to run a bit better?

Cajun
17th May 2009, 21:16
Gary (use to own gp honda/wreakers)

has a dyno in his home, and does alot of race bikes(races himself), i think he be one of the better ones around.

Taz
17th May 2009, 21:21
Road n sport have one...............

cowpoos
17th May 2009, 21:28
Road n sport have one...............
apparently they struggle to use it properly though!

Racey Rider
17th May 2009, 22:01
I paid $120 to get the RGV on the GP Honda dyno.

Not actually allowed to watch the process which is a bit sad considering your shelling out that sort of money. (safety reasons)

Also disappointed their dyno was not able to give me the barometric pressure of the day which for a two stroke seemed important to the result.

Pussy
17th May 2009, 22:54
Gary (use to own gp honda/wreakers)

has a dyno in his home, and does alot of race bikes(races himself), i think he be one of the better ones around.

+1!
Gary Pendleton, goes by the name of Dynotech(?) I think.
Does a primo job!

HDTboy
18th May 2009, 09:29
Gary Pendalton +1

scracha
20th May 2009, 12:59
Gary Pendalton +1
Thanks guys. Seein him on Sunday.

Seems he did a CBR 6/4 in the UK and knows all about em :third:

scracha
18th June 2009, 21:11
Bwhaha. Eventually saw Gary today. 72bhp peak....mwah. Mixture dangerously lean. Was amazed I'd raced it at all :bash: Gained about 4bhp on most of the power curve by blocking off the air inlet. Plug caps were just sat on the spark plugs...lol. Fuel pump, air filter, fuel filter and plug caps raped off my road bike tonight. Suck it an see for round 2 this weekend.

Very interesting to watch and worth every penny.