PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Hell Woman!! (BMW)

Colapop
21st May 2009, 07:47
My friend and that of quite a few others round here Bloody Mad Woman (BMW) has been a bit crook for awhile now after having been diagnosed with a brain tumour. The tumour caused an initial period of paralysis and other annoying traits. During her recovery she was made redundant and her long term significant friend passed away. In short she's been through a pretty tough time.
To her credit she didn't just sit and wallow waiting to die. No way! She got herself back riding (after getting clearance) and decided she needed a break - from life as it was so she's been touring NZ a bit at a time. She'd done the South Island ("Get me the f*ck out of Franz Josef" thread) and was starting her North Island tour with a stay in Napier.
After having lunch with her on Saturday I got a text yesterday saying;
"In hastings hosptl intnsve cre blood bad no cphone loud"
So I rang the hospital and spoke to her (I'm her brother... not) she has T.T.P.H.U.S. - can't remember whether it's S or V but it's a blood infection of some sort. They flew her to Wgtn hospital and she's now on dialysis. She's in the right place and getting the right treatment. She doesn't want flowers - if you want to send her something apparently petrol vouchers are heaps better!

She hasn't lost her humour and is in relatively good spirits. Contact me by PM for further details - she is not allowed to have her cell phone on so contact by that means is limited.

yungatart
21st May 2009, 07:49
Is she allowed visitors, Col?
I could pop over and see her in the weekend.

NZsarge
21st May 2009, 07:58
Sheesh! Talk about being kicked when your down! Good on her for keeping her head up and here's hoping she's well again soon.

Str8 Jacket
21st May 2009, 07:59
Yeah, can we visit her?

u4ea
21st May 2009, 08:02
Sending love and happy thoughts your way BMW

sunhuntin
21st May 2009, 08:55
sheesh! talk about unfair!

please pass on my good wishes, and a hug as well.

Colapop
21st May 2009, 09:07
I can't hug her as she bruises very easily right now. Yes she is allowed visitors but only a couple at a time (I'll check with her.) She's had a needdle put in her neck for tests, meds and blood product tranfusions so that's a bit painful when she talks.

sinfull
21st May 2009, 09:13
Sucks to hear man , give her my best wishes aye !

Crisis management
21st May 2009, 11:28
Good on you for posting Col, thinking about BMW and yourself, unfortunately I can't do much more than that.
Hang in there.

Iain.

oldrider
21st May 2009, 12:17
I met her once in Dannevirke, just a casual biker to biker hello and never forgot her.

Discovered her again on KB, sorry my computer was down when she came South so I missed her.

Give her our best regards and hope for a speedy recovery. :ride: Thanks Col. Cheers, John.

Number One
21st May 2009, 18:15
Thanks for letting us know Col. I send my hugs to her via you and one of the other Welly lasses. She is a honey and I hope she is back up and running burning through the petrol vouchers soon!

Trudes
21st May 2009, 18:20
Give her a very gentle Col :hug: from us, hope she's on the mend and back on the road again soon.

Ms Piggy
21st May 2009, 18:52
Please send her my best wishes for quick recovery.

Sounds like she's had a lot of shitty times recently!

AD345
21st May 2009, 19:45
Best wishes to BMW. Life sucks at times but she seems to have a good attitude.

Get well soon

ajturbo
21st May 2009, 19:50
tell her to HTFU......

No wait, i'll pop in and tell her myself...

where is she?

ynot slow
21st May 2009, 21:00
Frig that aint fair.

She sounds like one tough lady,reading her epic voyages,pretty hard to keep the chin up when it gets whacked,believe me I know.

cold comfort
21st May 2009, 21:34
Frig that aint fair.

She sounds like one tough lady,reading her epic voyages,pretty hard to keep the chin up when it gets whacked,believe me I know.

That sucks-its always the best people. Just lost my Mum last week (bloody cancer) and found BMWs fortitiude inspiring in a very bleak time. Pass on my heartfelt wishes for continuing hope and full recovery.!

<G>
21st May 2009, 21:48
Please give BMW my very best wishes for a speedy recovery. I only know her through her posts - she is one tough lady and an inspiration to all of us.

Insanity_rules
21st May 2009, 22:18
Best wishes from the Insanity household. She sounds like shes owed some good karma.

smokeyging
21st May 2009, 22:32
Best wishes from the Insanity household. She sounds like shes owed some good karma.

I’d imagine BMW would think it was about time too.
Isn't it amazing how there wouldn't be any buckets of shit about, but each step some people make, they can put there foot in one. then there are others that can swim across a river full of Parana and by the time they get to the other side, they have made friends with the whole darned lot. I've never got my head around that.

owner
21st May 2009, 22:39
Bloody mad women I tell ya
Best wishes girl, I hope they sort you out some grade A top notch blood for your efforts towards motorcycling.
You deserve it

Colapop
22nd May 2009, 08:26
An update;

Part 1; I went in to visit her after work last night and got totally freaked out. She'd had a plasma product transfusion yesterday (platelet count is supposed to be in the hundreds and was 9) and of course as these things go she had an allergic reaction to it! FFS!! The, by now, obligatory siezures and a touch & go situation made for a tense time. To say she wasn't that flash would be putting it mildly. It's was so gutting to just stand there and not be able to do a damn thing. When I gave her a *gentle*™ hug goodbye I was very worried.

Part 2; After I got my shit sorted and went back to see her later, her room was empty. I felt like I'd been kicked until I asked the nurse who told me she'd been sent for x-rays. So they bring her back and I'm expecting the situation to be similar. No chance! That woman is pretty bloody strong alright! Although still in alot of discomfort hooked up to all sorts of playstations she was a whole world better than what she was. We spent awhile hassling the stuck up woman behind the curtain next to her so I know she's not doing too badly now. Amazing what a couple of hours and some good meds will do.

Shirley's brother is coming up (on the ferry!!) over the weekend and she reckons she can handle visitors from this arvo. The only thing I'd ask is that visitors do tire her out alot so please visit by all means, but bear in mind she's still pretty crook and needs to rest. Cheers for all the support and best wishes.

Trudes
22nd May 2009, 08:37
What a bloody legend!!!

The Pastor
22nd May 2009, 08:39
sorry to hear about this mate, hope she can get through this

Monamie
22nd May 2009, 09:11
Good thoughts and strength coming your way BMW.

Lissa
22nd May 2009, 10:38
I hope she gets through this Col. All my best to her and you are being an awesome friend :hug:

Nasty
22nd May 2009, 11:34
Thanks for the updates Col ... shes a strong chick and will be fighting bloody hard!!!

terbang
22nd May 2009, 11:48
Pass on my get wells too...

ajturbo
22nd May 2009, 12:36
just got back from seeing her...

she "seams" ok... but she is NOWHERE near better...

like col said... if your going to visit... please make sure there are not too many around at once, ..ie more than 2 people.. = time for you to leave.

she will be there for a "few" more days yet....(weeks more like it)

Deano
22nd May 2009, 13:58
Please pass on my best wishes.

Colapop
25th May 2009, 07:45
Had a tough weekend with the ol' girl. She's a fighter for sure but it's taking it's toll. How hard is it to stand by and watch someone you care about go through something like that? Damn it's hard. But if all I can do is be there to hold her hand and it seems like it makes no difference then I'll do that. She shows signs of improvement then slips back an hour or two later. Her brother is here now so there is someone with her all the time.

smokeyging
25th May 2009, 22:13
Thats a bugger. i sure hope she can get out of this. we're all thinking of her. good of you to be with her, she'll need you for a bit of strength. i personally would'nt like to be in your shoes, been there, done that, i was'nt much good at it, just burst into tears.

ajturbo
25th May 2009, 22:34
i popped up to see her at lunch time....

was NOT looking good then... but hell is she tough!!!

i must go and see her more often... i like the look of one of the nurses

hey col... you managed to open her hand?????

well done!!!... ( more than what the doc's managed to do)

Duke girl
27th May 2009, 16:28
Glad that you are there for her Col. Only found out yesterday that she was rushed to hospital from Napier. Please give Shirley my best and tell her that my thoughts are with her as well as the rest of the Committee from The Victoria Motorcycle Club where Shirley was our Club Secretary until she took ill a couple of yrs ago. She definately is 1 strong woman and I hope that her strength will get her thru this. Thinking of you Shirl.

Mom
27th May 2009, 17:44
xxxx

xxxx

Hey you two, can you do me a huge favour please when you see Shirl next? Give her a gentle Mom hug and tell her I am thinking about her. Can one of you PM the details of where she is so I can send a card.

ajturbo
27th May 2009, 17:54
Hey you two, can you do me a huge favour please when you see Shirl next? Give her a gentle Mom hug and tell her I am thinking about her. Can one of you PM the details of where she is so I can send a card.
err... she's in hospital... lol

a card?... not too sure if she can read just yet....

but hey, when i see them i'll read them to her.. (col may already done that... but she will humor me i suppose.. lol

Mom
27th May 2009, 17:56
err... she's in hospital... lol

a card?... not too sure if she can read just yet....

but hey, when i see them i'll read them to her.. (col may already done that... but she will humor me i suppose.. lol

:laugh: Plonker, I know she is in hospital, but what ward and what hospital? I will write real big for her :yes: I am sure someone will tell her who it is from.

yungatart
28th May 2009, 07:44
Give her our best wishes too.
Where is all her gear/bike that she had up here? Do you want us to pick it up and store it at our place?