PDA

View Full Version : 250cc loaner for test - HBC

RØKSTA
22nd May 2009, 12:15
Anyone here got a 250cc road registered and warranted trail bike (ie XR/KLX/DRZ ETC) that I could loan for the day to do a test? Been riding for years but never bothered doing the test to upgrade, just never got caught but dont ride much anymore but want to just get the test done.
You can have the use of my hilux surf or a box of beer/sprits, whatever you choose, just need it for one day.

Prefer on the HBC as its close so I dont have to ride far or across town. Anyone PM me.

PirateJafa
22nd May 2009, 12:19
HBC?

Hibiscus... Bay Coast?

Hot Bitchin' Camry?

Have Beer Comrade?

Squiggles
22nd May 2009, 12:28
We arent that desperate for beer.

To the best of my knowledge im the only one with a DS, and its a 650.

motorbyclist
22nd May 2009, 12:43
not many people riding 250cc road legal dirt bikes around uni.... your best bet might be to look in the offroad section...

or maybe go to a local dealer for a demo? I know botany honda let me take a cbr125 for a spin while they did my chain/sprocket; even after i made it perfectly clear i had no intention of buying it

motorbyclist
22nd May 2009, 12:45
which test is it? for the basic handling most places will supply a bike

motorbyclist
22nd May 2009, 12:54
right, trying to find a KBer i know to have a klx250 i found the other thread in dual/adventure

if you're specifically looking for a dirtbike it'll be easier to do as they've suggested and demo/hire from cyclespot honda on barrys point rd

what we can help ya with is your other question about the full test. basically they deliberately try to be pricks to put you under pressure, and will do so more the more like a young male you look like. so look and act responsible and you'll be all sweet. this kinda implies a jacket/gloves, jeans etc minimum.

oh, insist on using an intercom. if they don't have one go elsewhere. having to spend more time looking behind you than ahead is downright difficult and dangerous

RØKSTA
22nd May 2009, 16:28
Ok thanks. I thought all of them did the intercom thing did they not? Just any bike im looking for, klx/drz/xr type, dont care if its a old piece of shit just needs to get the job done, I hate road bikes with your legs up so high and all so yea...

motorbyclist
22nd May 2009, 19:42
not all of them use intercom, even if they have it' and it's usually only one-way.

If it's just to get the test done it'd be a lot easier to suck it up and get a "normal" bike. a few of the "sporty" commuters are practically dirt bike stances anyway (FXR150, CBR125 etc)

RØKSTA
23rd May 2009, 20:04
ok i see. ill find a dirt bike around somewhere, given my height little 250 cc road bikes are a pain in the ass and I hate them, feel like the tyres are too slick. or I could get the whole motorcycle license taken off my license, now theres an idea

Metalor
27th May 2009, 23:16
Westgate have intercoms, but it's one way. Annoying when they tell you to do one thing and then don't follow their own instructions!!

When I sat my restricted the woman told me to pull over and wait by the carpark driveway she was leaving, said "ok, I'm coming up now, wait until I say and pull out when it's safe to go"... I waited and waited for her to tell me I could go while cars were piling up and she said "you could have gone then, now you're holding up traffic." WTF!!!

When I asked her at the end of the test what was up with that she simply said "Oh, I thought you were gonna go".

Back on topic, sorry mate, don't have a dirt bike!