PDA

View Full Version : Clutch slipping on 91 cbr 600f

NZ CBR
23rd May 2009, 15:06
Only slipping when the reving the guts out of it so try not to. My understanding is it will get worse slowly it wont just 'go'?

I have a good manual to use so maybe do it myself if not to hard?

Plus any ballpark prices?

Help!!!:confused:

roadracingoldfart
26th May 2009, 20:17
Only slipping when the reving the guts out of it so try not to. My understanding is it will get worse slowly it wont just 'go'?

I have a good manual to use so maybe do it myself if not to hard?

Plus any ballpark prices?

Help!!!:confused:

Do you have enough free play in the casble and have you lubricated the cable to check its not binding ???

Dont just think bad stuff, check the basics first.

cowboyz
26th May 2009, 20:39
Assuming all simple process has been followed and problem still occurs.

clutches are really simple things really. You could just do the fibres for probably under $100. Not really difficult if you can pay attention to what you are doing.

CookMySock
26th May 2009, 20:40
I've watched it being done. There were a few gotchas, but it looked like one of thoes things that after you have done it once, it was easy.

Steve

LBD
5th June 2009, 23:24
Don't leave it to long.....slipping clutch generates heat and particle contaminants in the oil....heat oxidizs the oil.(burns) breaks down the structure of the oil reducing its performance increasining wear rates...Bla bla...bla...fix it sooner than later.

98tls
5th June 2009, 23:35
Considering its age and no mention of replacement i would say theres a fair chance your plates are fucked.:niceone: