PDA

View Full Version : Heya!

blossoming
24th May 2009, 01:39
I missed your stall earlier in the year and I was wondering if I could join the club?

I got my learners earlier this year but didn't have the funds to own a bike at that exact moment but now that I've have a 250 and that I've driven it a bit, I would love to join your club.

Are there any formalities I need to know of, such as a donation or something?

Phurrball
24th May 2009, 01:47
¡Hola!

No problem to join our rag-tag bunch. New faces are always welcome :yes:

The easiest way to find us is to head to Strata, the Postgrad bar on level 4 of the info commons, on a Friday afternoon/evening (from about 3 to close at 7ish). Look for the pile of bike gear/helmets on table and wander on over...

I'm sure el Presidente Squiggles will pop up here and say 'Hi' too.

Squiggles
24th May 2009, 04:08
wassup biatch,

Ragingrob
24th May 2009, 09:04
wassup biatch,

Posting under the influence... Tisk tisk :no:

Yes he's our prez.

Real_Wolf
24th May 2009, 12:55
look for the most disreputable person and give him a dollar and all your details so that he can apear at your house unnoticed and stael your bike. Thats all we need.

Just come up to strata on a friday after 3, I'm sure there will be people there to say hi and chat to you.

I think the only formality is the dollar, though being social and actually chatting to other members of the group and becoming friends is so much more fun

blossoming
24th May 2009, 22:47
Haha awesome. I'll be there on Friday after my classes.

Ah, unfortunately I can't ride to uni since I live too far out east and being a learners has its restrictions on the motorway haha.

PirateJafa
24th May 2009, 22:57
WHAT? No such thing as "can't ride" unless you have substantial injuries (minor injuries and/or a mere single broken bone are not enough to provide a adequate excuse either).

Use the motorway - during traffic-hour (Why the hell is it called "rush" hour? What a misnomer.) traffic rarely exceeds 80km/h anyway.

Or just cruise through Panmure and the other suburbs and it's only 50/60k zones to get into uni.

Hanne
25th May 2009, 01:55
WHAT? No such thing as "can't ride" unless you have substantial injuries (minor injuries and/or a mere single broken bone are not enough to provide a adequate excuse either).

... Says the guy who insisted on riding himself to North Shore Hospital with TWO casts on. :jerry:
(That was the scariest 20 minutes of my life)

Danae
25th May 2009, 11:48
Does the motorway count as "open road"?

blossoming
28th May 2009, 22:54
Haha, you're pretty badass for riding in such a condition mate.

Nah, I'd rather I'll go by Pamure if I do ride to Uni since the law restricts learners at 70Km/h so unless I rip out my L plate, it would be difficult. Haha, I should start riding to Uni, maybe once I get my restricted next month.

Sweet, I'll see you guys there.

Slyer
28th May 2009, 23:09
Haha, you're pretty badass for riding in such a condition mate.

Nah, I'd rather I'll go by Pamure if I do ride to Uni since the law restricts learners at 70Km/h so unless I rip out my L plate, it would be difficult. Haha, I should start riding to Uni, maybe once I get my restricted next month.

Sweet, I'll see you guys there.
I always ride at (and well above) 100km on my learners with an L plate, most cops do not care as long as you're not speeding or guilty of other things...

bomma
30th May 2009, 12:01

tell that to stevo :shifty:

I always ride at (and well above) 100km on my learners with an L plate, most cops do not care as long as you're not speeding or guilty of other things...

alternatively you can just say "fuck you coppa" and carry a tommy-gun around with ya so cops really "do not care as long as you're not speeding".....70km/h limit on learners license, "I always ride at (and well above) 100km on my learners with an L plate" ummm so go 100km/h + on your 70km/h limit but dont speed and cops will leave you alone........:stupid:

i think this is the kind of behaviour dushi was referring to when he suggested a code of conduct or whatever. oh well somethings will never change i guess. (sorry for the bitching but ive had very little sleep over the last few nights) <_<

do what you feel is comfortable mate. it was nice meeting you at the chiller (i was one of the two indians that showed up, was sitting between jafa and danae on the couch opposite ya)

bomma

Slyer
30th May 2009, 16:04
ummm so go 100km/h + on your 70km/h limit but dont speed and cops will leave you alone........:stupid:
Zis is vay I sez ett un braquets.

Danae
30th May 2009, 19:15
Michael right? Sup gee