Blog Comments

nearly two years on and my bike is ridden more and cleaned less! Much happier
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath
    It depends a little bit on your type type; but if you have a sports bike don't put any wax on the paint where your knees grip. Also don't get any wax on the bike seat. Both dangerous.
    Thanks, I think I clean mine more than I ride it at the moment, always happy to learn a thing or two
    : )
    It depends a little bit on your type type; but if you have a sports bike don't put any wax on the paint where your knees grip. Also don't get any wax on the bike seat. Both dangerous.

If your using wax, make sure nothing gets onto the brake pads and discs (or at least be careful with the brakes until you wear the product back off them).

I use a bit of kerosene on a rag for the rims if they are really dirty, but usually soapy water is fine. Some people like using Dynamo (from your supermarket, washing powder).

Personally, I don't like using anything other than soapy water to clean the bike. So many of the chemical products make something look good, and then you find they have some negative impact on using the bike. It's just not worth the risk for me.