View RSS Feed

KiwiPhoenix

1. Woohoo

I haven't been posting much in the blog as I have been with riding pillion with some of the fine men and women (?) from Chch. I've had a blast doing it as well but I think it's time to take the next step....

ride for myself!!!

So today saw me on a dirt track with WOFman and LongWheely and I had a blast!!! At first I was sh&tting myself. I had no idea how I would be on the bike but you know what I eventually got the hang of it and even managed to get up some speed, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Maintenance

I've come to realise that motorbikes are so much easier to maintain than cars! Well, in saying that, Dave might disagree with me on that! See the Chch Main thread for info on that!

So I've been going along to these Wed nights and I have to say the amount of information that I'm learning is great and thats just about the people!! Nah, I'm learning so much about the bikes, the gear and the maintenance. It's fantastic that we can go there and do this (not to mention the trip to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. St Johns Ambulance ride

So through the Chch maintenance night last week I was told about the St Johns Ambulance run to Little River. Thank you Wayne!!!

Wayne said the magic word "spare helmet" He offered to let me ride pillion to which I jumped at the chance! So we organised to meet at the mall at 12.

My DF, my DD and I were there at 11am, just enough time to get some breakfast. I had a severe case of butterflys and as the departure time loomed, the stomach was doing flips!

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. &%*$#$

whoever said that Chch is flat obviously hasn't ridden a mountain bike through the city!

So let me explain.....

... as you know I borrowed a friends mountain bike to get get back in the saddle, which was fantastic. I have been down to McLeans quite abit and I'm getting faster! So anyways, I decided that since I was going to a work course, which started at 7am, I would cycle into work. DF dropped off DD at pre-school so I didn't have to worry about that, hence ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. I'm well and truly...

.... hooked!

I went along to the training day at Ruapuna and I have to say I am completely and utterly hooked! I was so jealous watching everyone going round the track!

I am definitely going to get my licence now!!! Just have to save up some money!

I also met some really nice people, not scary at all, maybe ruined a few reputations by saying that
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. The next step....

I decided that since the feeling had well and truly returned to my ass that I would go for another ride. So yesterday the roads being somewhat quiet I decided that I would brave the open road and go for a ride.

I was quite scared and but it was all good! It was quite nice to just cycle along and take it all in. I can understand now why people like cycling and riding! My ass did go numb again but I didn't care! I really didn't want to go home! Is this what it's like!? ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Cycling my way to being a biker....

I decided that now the feeling has returned to my ass that I would sit down and write about my journey to becoming a biker.

I borrowed a mountain bike from a friend, my thinking that was since I haven't been on two wheels for about 6 years it might be a good idea to reaquaint myself with a saddle. So anyway this morning I jumped on the bike and thankfully the sun was out and I have a quiet housing estate on my doorstep, thank goodness I did. Talk about shaky!! I honestly thought ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12