View RSS Feed

KiwiPhoenix

1. Biker chick is back....

As the title says, the biker chick is back. Was away for a while after a wee accident involving the bike, long story short, don't try starting the bike whilst it's in gear. They don't seem to like that! Have myself 2 small fractures in my right tibial plateau Got the all clear to start riding again about a month ago..... so cue, waiting on bank account being healthy (can it ever be) and getting the bike back up and running.

So not having ridden for about 10 months, I'm rusty ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Brass Monkey - ride report

So having passed my full licence I decided to treat myself and take my ass down to the Brass Monkey (done it last year as a pillion) so having the XJ750 sitting in the garage decided it would be great to give him a good run and catch up with some friends.

So the week before the Brass I got the bike organised, oil change, new battery and got him all ready. So the plan was to leave at 10am and tootle on down to Alexandra and stay with a friend.

The journey down ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 6F done and passed!

So I finally got my ass into gear a couple of weeks ago and booked my 6F. The waiting game started and today I turned up to sit it!

Like most tests, I was extremely nervous and the weather wasn't making it any easier!

Woke up this morning, looked out the window, it was wet. No rain at that point, I could cope with that. So after dropping of the daughter at preschool, I jumped on the bike and headed to the test centre. That's when the nerves really kicked in.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. More bikes to add!

So last Sunday sees me on the back of a couple of more bikes, so I thought it would be a good idea to list them here.

Flip's BMW sidecar (great for doughnuts!)
    BMW R100GS (Beamer89)

K1100RS (MaxF)

Thank you for letting me ride pillion!

Although, is being in a side car classed as a pillion??
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 6R - Passed

I passed my restricted test today!! Go me!!

So continuing on with my journal I'll do a write up on the test.

I booked my test last week and done the usual eyetest, photo and signature on that day and was given a piece of paper with the date and time. When I came out I looked skyward and prayed that the weather played ball! Oh, how wrong was I that anyone was listening.

So fast forward to today, woke and it was cloudy, thought yes, I can cope with this ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Bikes I have been on the back of....

I've realised that after having my licence for 4 months now that I still enjoy jumping on the back and riding pillion. Now if you had read the article in Your Weekend Magazine, I have been blessed ?? with the nickname "bike whore" and having thought about it I realised that I have been on the back of a few bikes, so here is the list with the amount of times I have been on the back in brackets, in no particular order:

Kawasaki EL250, my own bike
    Test rode a Yamaha SRV250

Updated 27th January 2010 at 09:47 by KiwiPhoenix (Too add more to the list!)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Weekend ride...Sat and Sun

Having completed the ride on Wednesday night I felt more confident about getting out and about on the bike. Done a few trips round town, visiting people for coffee whilst I had the chance. So with the weekend looming I got to thinking about a proper ride on my wee bike. On Sat morning looked out the window and saw some pretty crap weather so maybe it would be a good idea to stay in but my partner had other ideas. We needed to get some shopping so it was a great excuse to get some practice in with ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. My road report....Wed Night Ride

So as you all know I picked up the new bike on Wednesday night, just in time for the Wed night ride. I wasn't planning on going along on the ride, I was more than content to see everyone off and pottle on home, but it wasn't meant to be. Another biker chick thought it would be great for the two of us to head through the tunnel and follow the bay road round to the Wheatsheaf. Cool, nice slow ride. The sun did manage to catch me on a couple of occassions but I coped pretty well considering.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast