Blog Comments

Great writeup!
    Give a moments thought to the action of the rear brake on the bikes suspension....applying that brake compresses the rear suspension (rear squats) and this is beneficial if it occurs marginally before the front is applied as it lowers the entire bikes centre of garvity and reduces the amount of weight transfer to the front so you can use both tyres contact patches for braking for longer (until the rear locks & slides).
    My braking habit is; apply the rear and then the front and get both of them squirming and howling.
    The most important part of any braking is practice, get the muscle memory well embedded and I tend to take the contact patch to its limit most times I ride, you need to know what happens next.
    Very good write up, thanks. I'm a candidate for this treatment but my eyesight isn't bad enough to really warrant it.

How are things now, anything else you've noticed? Has the dryness in your right eye resolved itself?
    American way is interesting as trying to get both f&r working to their max potential often ends with chasing that small % @ the rear and losing the greatest % from the front (Locking the rear and releasing both by instinct)
    I tend to give it a little bit of back brake and forget about the back. Then I focus all my attention on braking hard with the front brakes.
    I have been thinking about this for a while and have found your comments and blog most informative. Thanks for the write up.
    It's been three weeks now since my initial surgery, and just recently had my second check up.

My left eye is perfect. My right eye (which was -4) is now -1. It appears a band of dryness has developed over the front of my right eye, which is affecting my vision. -1 is much better that the prior -4 though.

At this stage the surgeon has said my vision in my right hand eye will probably become perfect when the band of dryness has resolved itself, and I have another check up in a month to see how it is progressing.
    Yup, I remember the burning smell. Took one week before the scar tissue subsided and vision has been perfect ever since (5 years ago). I don't remember any clouding, but that is probably related to the scar tissue.

As well as the vision correction and astigmatism, I had the wave front traetment to get rid of thoseannoying halos around lights at night.

Would recommend it too.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the write up, keep us posted with progress!
    Yep it certainly bounces up there when stationary almost feels like a trampoline at times.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234