Blog Comments

Riding a GSF650 is about as Gay as you can get.
    Please report the cock smoking spammers. Ta.
    Please report the cock smoking spammers. Ta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback
    Ken...it is indeed a shame we missed your jammed hazzard light switch, and that the stop light bulb wasn't working. I'm not trying to say the bulb popped on your ride home...but it could've. Both of those issues Steve offered to correct if you'd taken up his offer of bringing the bike back in. The brake lever..."Adjust as required". So if they don't need adjustment...they don't get adjusted. The chain...the chain was checked, lubed and adjusted. They require more than 15-20mm slack. The tightest point during swingarm movement is when the swingarm is parallel to the ground. This is how we adjust them. If a chain is too tight...it will do serious damage to the transmission brgs etc. Cluncking when put into gear? Quite normal...some bikes make more noise that others. The tyres? I personally saw your tyres...and they were totally stuffed! The rear was flat as in the centre, and the front had worn the shoulders off it badly. This causes bikes to handle badly...to the point they become dangerous. Yes...by the letter of the law they're still warrantable...but that does not mean they're not worn out or shouldn't be replaced. It is YOUR safety we're looking out for when we say the should be replaced! I doubt very much the man at VTNZ rides bikes if his opinion differs. -
    Yes mistakes can be made...but we did at least offer to put it right.

Hope you have better luck in the future.

Pete
    I got to agree, you should take the bike back and get them to put it right. They did offer! (and you've already paid for it)
    All of the above make's logical sense and mistakes happen (a comment on the faulty switch would have been a good heads up).

Mate we have all been there at one point or another, it's a matter of learning from our mistakes.

How many times have I read on KB about guys riding home with rear tires splatted with chain lube, or incorrect tire pressures after a bike service, it only takes you a second to ask a question before riding your bike home on potently lethal tires...

I know I would have been pissed had they failed me, then I would have been forced to get another set before legally being able to ride home and thats another $400+

You've had your rant
    Acording to this I am definatly a male homosexual faggot in the making
    Nice. Sucking on a bottle of bourbon should be added.
    I always thought those lollipops were a substitute for cock.
    Denim IS cotton. But then what do you expect from a LEATHER wearer.

Non-Bulls supporters wish that they could given the honour of being taken by Bulls supporters... bow to class...
    Fucking class
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth123
    Why would you decline? Seems like they are pretty kosher to me. They admit fault and refund money paid. A valve clearance check for free at 24000k's for free and your turning it down? Why?
    There were other items they failed to adjust etc if you read the earlier posts... In short I have no trust in their workmanship
    Must be something we haven't been told. Did you end up with a defect on the bike (warped brake disc etc) that took them ages to fix?

It happened to my brother with his Raptor and Street and Sport in CHCH. From what he's said I'd never buy a bike from them!
    Yea ,why ,I'd be up it like a robbers dog its a big job for free?
    Why would you decline? Seems like they are pretty kosher to me. They admit fault and refund money paid. A valve clearance check for free at 24000k's for free and your turning it down? Why?
    My 12km service (under warranty)was $347.00 off hand.
    Ken...it is indeed a shame we missed your jammed hazzard light switch, and that the stop light bulb wasn't working. I'm not trying to say the bulb popped on your ride home...but it could've. Both of those issues Steve offered to correct if you'd taken up his offer of bringing the bike back in. The brake lever..."Adjust as required". So if they don't need adjustment...they don't get adjusted. The chain...the chain was checked, lubed and adjusted. They require more than 15-20mm slack. The tightest point during swingarm movement is when the swingarm is parallel to the ground. This is how we adjust them. If a chain is too tight...it will do serious damage to the transmission brgs etc. Cluncking when put into gear? Quite normal...some bikes make more noise that others. The tyres? I personally saw your tyres...and they were totally stuffed! The rear was flat as in the centre, and the front had worn the shoulders off it badly. This causes bikes to handle badly...to the point they become dangerous. Yes...by the letter of the law they're still warrantable...but that does not mean they're not worn out or shouldn't be replaced. It is YOUR safety we're looking out for when we say the should be replaced! I doubt very much the man at VTNZ rides bikes if his opinion differs.

As far as the bill is concerned, sorry you got a shock. Phil (our service writer) is very good at his job and explaining things to people, and he's adamant you would've been told $395.00 for labour, plus whatever materials are needed. I can only assume it's only the $395.00 bit you've remembered. If anyone can do the service on your bike including doing valve clearances...with materials for $395.00...they're welcome.

I've been in the motorcycle industry for over 20 years and worked in five shops in that time, and I'm also a qualified mechanic by trade. I can say with hand on heart that the work coming out of Wellington Motorcycles workshop is of a higer quality than any of the other shops I've been involved with. Yes mistakes can be made...but we did at least offer to put it right.

Hope you have better luck in the future.

Pete
    Updated 5th February 2010 at 11:09 by Crasherfromwayback (Spelling mistakes)
    There is no way we could've done the same service on a 1250 for that price. You'll find the 1250 didn't have the valve clearances checked.
    12 k service, valve clearances on my 1250 was and addition I choose. Std check is 24 km, small GSF models are done at 12 k.
    How timely this is for me - my Bandit is booked in for an 11,000km check next week. I've been happy with the service so far (apart from the exorbitant hourly rates charged) - poor old Phil, he's going to get plenty of shit thrown at him in the coming days.
    12 k service, valve clearances on my 1250 was and addition I choose. Std check is 24 km, small GSF models are done at 12 k.
    Only point I would add is that you should have someone sit on the bike & then check chain adjustment. Some bikes have the pivot in an unfavorable position so you need to check it doesn't over tighten like this. Last time I saw this was on a g/fs bike that had been serviced, (erm well I'll let you guess where), but no drama, just haven't been near shops for service in last 20 yrs.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast