View RSS Feed

General Bike Maintenance

Bike servicing, rebuilding, restoring, manuals, etc..

1. Wellington Motorcycle - Service - Update 26/02/10 Great News

Hi Team,

I have received an email from the co-owner of Wellington Motorcycles. Pasted below is a direct copy of that email... Today (26/02/10) I received a refund cheque for $247.58. To Steve and Wellington Motorcycles thank you for admitting fault and rectifying this.

I have however decline the next service at Wellington Mototcycles.

------

Hi Kenneth; after reviewing your service work it has come to my attention, that you have had the ...
  2. Wellington Motorcycle - Poor Service - Update 09/02/10

I have just talked to a mate and he had exactly the same service last month at Wellington Motorcycles . They used exactly the same parts, fuilds etc on his Bandit 1250 (and a full fairing) and he was only charged $330.

Now I am really gutted

I will be getting a copy of his Tax Invoice and presenting this to the owner.

Update and reply to previous post - Sanatised

09 Feb 2010

I have just returned from Auckland after ...

Updated 9th February 2010 at 19:18 by rustic101 (Updating)

Categories
    General Bike Ravings , Personal entry , Sport/Road Bikes , Bike & Product Reviews , General Bike Maintenance
  3. Wellington Motorcycle - Poor Service

Now I appreciate that owning a bike and servicing it is not a cheap exercise. This I was and am prepared for… However, when you are given a total quote on two separate occasions you expect that to be the cost. On each I was told the total cost would be $395(ish), not the fricking $592.43 I have just bloody paid.

My baby has just had its 12,000k service. I have got home and am still fuming! Not only has the ‘required work’ (ref service manual in front of me), not been done, but that ...
  4. GSF650 SK7 vs GSF1250 SK7 part2

Having problems loading pictures grrrrrrr will try a PDF version of the pictures
  5. 2008 Suzuki Bandit GSF650 SK7 vs GSF1250 SK7

Well last week a guy at work mentioned he wanted an 'as new' original tail section to replace the tail tidy on his GSF1250... It just happened that I was looking for a tail tidy for my GSF650.

Long story short we paired the bikes up in the work garage at lunch time, with rulers and sharp eyes we measured and compared the bikes. A as fate would have it there are no physical components that are different including the frame and sub structure that would have ...
  6. Adjusting the seat height on a Bandit

Hey there team,

May be of use, then again may not...Found on an other site but wanting to make it local lol

The attached doco has instructions and for those like me,, pictures

Updated 10th September 2009 at 21:27 by rustic101 (Spelling)

Categories
    General Bike Ravings , General Bike Maintenance
  7. Radiator protector

Today saw me making a radiator protector for my baby. I contemplated purchasing the custom made mesh from either ripco or supercheap ($79.99), however each option was far too expensive and far more material than I needed.

I had read on a forum here that the Wharehouse had mesh bins ($9.99) and that they served the purpose. So ever the tight arse, I purchased said black bin then went about fashioning a custom radiator protector. One coffee and two ciggis later I stepped back ...

Updated 11th August 2009 at 16:39 by rustic101 (Adding pictures)

Categories
    General Bike Ravings , General Bike Maintenance