View RSS Feed

Smifffy

1. 2011-01-13 Thursday - BOP/Waikato

What a week it's been, no sooner had I finished writing up the tales of my fishing exploits from yesterday, than the phone rings, and it's Ron. He was all interested to know if I was keen to go for a small motorcycle excursion, and maybe stop for a coffee somewhere. Destination as yet undecided.

I argued with him for a little while, because I really don't like that sort of thing, but eventually after giving it a moment's thought I agreed. "Meet you at BP at 10:00 tomorrow." Ron ...
  2. Tui Brewery - Pro-rider day - SH3

Sunday 9 May

Weather looking pretty good, have a good healthy breakfast, load the saddle bags up with plenty merino layers stuffed into plastic bags and head on out of town about noon time. Just before leaving I remember to call mum for mother's day, she's not there, so leave a message. Tank is already full of gas, but a quick stop at the garage to confirm tyre pressures and away we go. Smooth running down to Taupo, and plenty of bikes on the road. Many waving opportunities. Pull ...
  3. The tyre trip

Posted in the forums, putting here as an easy to find record.

Tyres fitted @ 14k (4.5k after buying bike) Metzler ME 880 WWW

Ok so the sun was out today but it was a little chilly. Wrapped on a couple of merino layers, waited for the Moll to put her war paint and layers on and off we scooted. A nice slow pootle down SH1 over tar hill and onto SH30. Not much traffic, but taking it easy, because for some reason I now had it in my head that the tyres were to a point of ...