View RSS Feed

KoroJ's Blog

1. Another Rusty Ride Booked

I used the bike this week, but didn't go for any rides as such as we had whanau staying with us. We discovered recently that an uncle had a child that was adopted out and this week we were able to welcome our 47 year old cousin into the fold. It was nice to be able to help out by having him stay and provide him with a copy of the Family Tree and a CD of old photos.

On biking matters this week, for the third time, I am having difficulty putting an Avon Storm on the front. I can't believe ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  2. Ah.....The Mini

A bit of a different week this week. I went to the Osteo' for my regular 'grease & oil', attended the Cruisy Wednesday night ride over to the Royal and back, then had some whanau turn-up Thursday night and Friday for the 7's and Wiremu's (step-son) 21st.

The weekend was spent watching a bit of 7's on TV, entertaining over the bar-b-que and a few beers, then washing the car and bike down on Sunday before going for a wee ride to visit an uncle and finished off with a pootle over 'the ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  3. On Any Sunday

Today was my 1st ride for about 3 weeks as we went to Melbourne for the 1st week of the Aussy Tennis Open. I'm not really a tennis fan but Nanny Ann is and I guess the top echelons of any sport are worth watching...although I did keep a book handy, just in case.

After reading banditRider's Blog yesterday and being reminded that the Chateau to Plateau was on today, I considered joining that ride but it would have meant having a 1,000Km day, and as the bike wasn't really prepared with ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  4. Happy Birthday Bike & a Ridey New Year

I had three small rides this week.

After work on Monday, I felt the urge for a wee blat so I rode over the Paekak' Hill, then continued up to Waikanae in order to sample the Akatarawa Rd, which I haven't been over on a bike, and haven't driven over for many years. I figured that New Years Eve would be pretty quiet and therefore I should encounter very little traffic, but it was certainly an odd ride. I found the road was so narrow that if I encountered a 4WD coming the other way there ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  5. 2007 In Retrospect

The past week has been quiet and relaxing with no rides but I did manage to finally get some paint on half of the roof. This year has gone pretty quick and has had a some significant moments for me.

In January, I registered on KB and Ann and I went to Auckland on the 1400 Intruder to watch some tennis and Cirqe du Soliel,.... and returned on a 2007 ST1300.

In February we participated in the Road Ride (Poker Run) at the Masters Games in Wanganui and came away with a ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  6. Bah Humbug

At last I’ve reached the end of the Christmas Wind-up. It’s supposed to be a cooling-off, ease into Christmas time, but invariably it’s a frantic sprint to tidy-up the loose ends and put away any last minute business.

I rang Grub on Friday to see if he wanted a comfy ride up to Napier to pick-up a new bike for SweetP, but when I looked at my speedo and saw I was within 1100Kms of the 30,000Km service, I thought better of it, (not wanting to need a service between Christmas and New ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  7. Training Day

Talk about knackered!!

Nanny Ann and I rode up to Manfield with Bazza57 on Saturday for a training day with Brian Bernard.

We got away from home at 0645 to meet Barry at BP J'ville and left there about 0700, travelling up SH1. It was only 14° when we left but the temp soon got up to 20° and the trip up was, as usual, pretty uneventful with us topping-up at the Mobil station by the track at around 0845 before going in to meet the others who were participating. The event ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  8. Coast to Coast

It was Nanny Ann's birthday this week so we took Wednesday off, cooked breakfast for some mates, caught a shuttle in to watch Beowulf (3D), then a Limo home for a bar-b-que. Cool day, good movie (amazing graphics), great mates.

Saturday I was booked in to paint the roof, but the weather forecast was poor so I decided to go on the Coast to Coast ride instead, arranging to ride up with DennisR. I left home at 0745 and called into work to grab a couple of things, met Dennis at the J'ville ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast