View RSS Feed

KoroJ's Blog

1. Darling Buds of December

By Monday this week, I had had enough of the bike so I used the cage all this week, except Wednesday when I had decided to go on the TCWNR as it was the anniversary ride for Uncle B and his seat had just been installed by the carpark at the Avalon park.

I arrived shortly after 1800 and there were already 10-15 bikes there and by the time Hitcher briefed us for departure, there must have been 20+ on the ride. We went over the hill to the Royal Pub in Featherston, which apparently was ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  2. MDA Ride

The MDA Runs (Muscular Dystrophy Assoc) were started by the Wellington BRONZ Club around 1990. The ride is done (normally on the first weekend of December) to deliver presents to between 20 – 30 children in the lower North Island, suffering from this debilitating disease and it leaves one filled with mixed emotions as you are touched, in some cases by the condition of these children but mostly by their spirit. This was my third year on this ride, which I enjoy doing as the Pix-E, and it can be quite ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  3. Ngawi ...Too Hot For A Fox Hat!

I ordered an Avon Storm for the rear this week, to be fitted on Wednesday for the MDA (Muscular Dystrophy) Ride on Friday.

I had to go to Palmy on Thursday for a brokers meeting / 2 day seminar. I left about 1130 and cruised up SH1, sitting on around 110kph. No dramas, weather was OK so just a pleasant ride. We finished early on Friday so I opted to come back over the Pahiatua Track and Rimutakas. I took easy, enjoying the ride which was only about half an hour longer but way better ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  4. Wellington WRB Protest Ride

Uncle Jim was crook this week. He had an op' on his stomach and is still in the Wellington ICU over a week later, so because it was looking a bit grim, my cousies came back from Auckland and the Gold Coast. It was awesome to see them although the circumstances weren't that great, but it was a boost to Uncle Jim and he is now making good progress.

Not much else was on this week, so I did a bit cleaning up around the house, (The yard was a bit of a mess thanks to all the rides that ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  5. The Capital 1000K Cruise

Wow!! What a great day....Great People, Great Roads and Great Weather.....especially considering that after monitoring the forecasts last week, we were tempted to pull-the-plug at one stage as this wasn't a ride one would want to do on wet roads.

We had 19 confirmed and registered riders who represented most sectors of the local biking fraternity....that's 3 ST riders and others.... I guess to be fair though, apart from the 3 Grumpy Old Men (Ulyssians) on their comfortable trucks, ...
  6. Thomas Saves the Day

The highlight of this week was taking my mate Jake to see ‘Thomas & Friends’.
    We saw the show on Wednesday morning with about 5,000 other kids….some old kids like me and a lot of small kids like Jake. We had to chuff and toot to get Thomas on the stage, toot to wake up the sleepy sheep on the tracks and clap and sing and wave as Thomas saved the day after the big storm, by finding a big diamond to replace the broken lamp in the Sodor Island Lighthouse so that the festival of Lanterns could ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  7. Post GC – Getting Back to Normal

I had to come down off the high and get the energy levels back up after completing the GC this week and being a short week for me meant it went pretty quick.

On Tuesday, my lower back and shoulders were pretty tight from struggling in the crosswinds on Sunday so a Massage was in order, but that was about the only event for the week.

I didn't have a ride planned for this week but decided to visit my mum in Masterton on Sunday. I finally cleaned the bike then had a pleasant ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  8. Big Tank + Hard Arse = 2100Kms in 24 hours!

Thanks to a big tank capable of 400+Kms at uneconomic speeds and a hard arse to endure 22˝ hours in the saddle at those speeds…I completed the RNGC 1000 mile ride plus 500km extension. That’s 2100Kms to mark the 21st anniversary of the event.

After last year's GC I was elated to finish in 21 hours and keen to make it an annual pilgrimage. I found I was even more motivated after starring in and viewing the DVD of last year's event and when Lee advised of the extension to mark the 21st ...
    Categories
    Sport/Road Bikes
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast