View RSS Feed

KoroJ's Blog

1. Viva Le Tour

It's been another no-ride week, which is odd as I don't feel like I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms. I guess that's because it's been a busy week, both at work and home, going out several times and watching lots of Tour de France highlights.

Tuesday we went to the birthday celebration of a client and ended up scoring tickets to the Tall Blacks versus Venezuela 3rd test. I'm not a fan of basketball but it was a good night out. Thursday we went to two plays at Bats, 'Once were ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  2. A Bit of Culture.

It's been a no-ride week so I have had to amuse myself in other ways, without resorting to gardening or tidying the garage, or cleaning the bike. Not a problem, I managed to finish three light-catchers today and I have enjoyed watching the Tour de France racing. Alexander Vinokourov continues to inspire with his never-say-die attitude whereby, despite having 60 odd stitches in his knees and elbows, he has dragged himself back into the top 10 with an outstanding performance in the 1st time trial. ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  3. Be Careful Out There!

Not much happened this week, probably in part due to the weather. In fact if I didn't take the bike to work on Friday, it would have been the first week since I got back into biking (nearly 2 years) that I wouldn't have used the bike during the week...that was close! I guess that was also partly due to last Sundays magnificent ride and that satisfied feeling had lasted longer. The only excitement has been watching the first week of the Tour de France, which it's a pity about the timing, but I do ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  4. New Tyres...Bring on the kms!

Got my new tyres fitted on Tuesday and picked the bike up on Wednesday.

Nanny Ann and I had to meet Nasty on Friday for business matters which took about 10 seconds but the coffee and chat lasted about 2 hours and Friday night we went to the fundraiser film evening for Shaun Harris which was quite enjoyable.

Saturday I worked on a couple of lightcatchers and when I had to go for milk, I thought I better check the new tyres out so I took the bike to Johnsonville.....via ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  5. Avon Bastards

I've had some great rides lately but I seem to have a lot to bitch about as well. This week it's the distributors of Avon Tyres that have pissed me off.

I upgraded my bike in January and by mid February I was averaging 1,000 km/week and had done 3,800 km when I got a puncture in the rear tyre which damaged the inner membrane, requiring it be replaced. I had used a Conti Milestone on the Intruder and found it to have good grip and wear and since the Avon Storms hadn't been released ...
  6. Winter Solstice

No sooner has Sue Bradford's anti-smacking bill become law than the stupid bitch is trying to introduce a 16 year old voting age...Where's it all going to end?? Politicians piss me off, but I can't be bothered getting involved so I guess I'll just stick to bitching about it and biking.

After a week of Snow down south, heaps of rain up north and the odd thunder storm in Wellington, we had a great weekend for riding. Saturday was a bit windy and marginal in the Wairarapa and Manawatu ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  7. King of the 'Hill'

This week was cold but it flew by as they seem to these days and I experienced a couple of firsts.

Early in the week, I was looking after my mates Jake & Elane-Mei again but this time after going through the pantomime for Jake to get his lolly, I was greeted by Elane by her putting her arms up to be picked up. She was full of smiles and very friendly and we reckoned it was a greaze to get a lollipop, so we gave it a shot and sure enough.....what a drooler. She enjoyed her first sweety ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  8. Unsung Heroes and the KB Family.

I've been a bit weary this week. A combination of late nights and early mornings and just haven't recovered from the Gathering in Turangi, which we both enjoyed very much. The weather is also decidedly colder and winter is finally upon us.....I was expecting 4 degrees last week on the Central Plateau, but not today whilst riding through the Manawatu.

We went to Grub & Nasty's this morning for breakfast, and to meet inlinefour (IL4) who stopped over in Wellington on his way home to ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast