View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Bedtime Stories #1

Once upon a time there was a wee DR650 and he was as happy as Larry. His chain was always tensioned just so, his pipe was polished and his oil was fresher than newly processed steak. Every day he would pootle into town and pootle back again before relaxing on his carpeted piece of garage and enjoying a good night’s slumber. Life was good.

Then one day he woke up and he was ANGRY. It was quite inexpliclable. Overnight his once demure throttle had developed an angry revving habit and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0578.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	318.1 KB 
ID:	230427   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0509.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	528.7 KB 
ID:	230428  
  2. Bugger It!

We got back from the Gold Coast on Friday, so yesterday I finished off fitting the GPS to the bike by tapping it onto the power, then last night I programmed a ride into the GPS for today. This would double as a bit more conditioning, but mainly to play and familiarise myself with the unit…and I need to do about 2000Km before the TT at the end of the February to: wear out the front tyre as well as get the Km up for the next service prior to the event.

I also had a club ride on at ...
  3. Working on a BMW? (20/01/2011)

After being told not to effectively not try to take the tank off, it kind of translates into saying, don’t touch the bike, please take to your local Motorrad dealer to fix the problem for you.

However… I am thicker than most. This means, see what else you can touch, without involving the dealer. If the tank is out of bounds (and holding 33L of fuel, it’s a massive tank I really don’t think I should try removing) what else can you get at?

Before I had even collected ...

Name:	DSC00283.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	234.0 KB 
ID:	230278   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00284.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	174.9 KB 
ID:	230279  
  4. My new Steed! (15/01/2011)

I think the week of 10-14 January is one of the slowest on record. After two painful days, it felt like Thursday. I wanted the week over as fast as possible, yet there were not enough hours to get everything done at work, that needed doing.

If I wasn’t working, I was thinking about the new bike. If I wasn’t thinking about the bike I was finding cool pics on the internet or looking at parts (if anyone reads this… let it be a warning to you… its expensive and addictive, regardless of ...

Name:	DSC00276.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	230270   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00277.JPG 
Views:	146 
Size:	153.8 KB 
ID:	230271   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00278.JPG 
Views:	148 
Size:	178.7 KB 
ID:	230272   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00280.JPG 
Views:	147 
Size:	188.8 KB 
ID:	230274   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00279.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	230273   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00281.JPG 
Views:	150 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	230275  
  5. Still hooked on buckets

Well, what happened to buckets?

Well my broken heel happened, that’s what.

No racing, the doc says, till July/August next year.

So what to do until then. My partner has decided to give me permission to stockpile goods and go to the meets at Mt Welly till I can race. I don’t think she realises the extent of the permission she’s given me though. This means levers, brake pads, wheels, tyres, nylons, copious amounts of duct tape and cable ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Yamaha FJR1300AT

Quote Originally Posted by NighthawkNZ View Post
    Nice... a review I did on one...
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...Yamaha-FJR1300

Good luck with you sale
    Thanks for that. It certainly has enough power to keep most sports bike honest and I agree that the ergos and handling are more suited to touring.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Spartacus !

My old spada chassis that I was keen on "f3ing", is now fast become a bucket racer.

In the space of 9 days, I have..

- raced my buddies ol cb125 around Kaitoke and loved every minute of it, some good dudes/ladies there, good racing, at relatively low cost, where the bad side ?
    - bought a GL145 motor and have figured out how it all falls together, got some bearings on order and hopefully will have the crank assembled tomorrow after work.
    - secured a complete ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. It was all on till the fifth lap and then non piston slap piston slap was heard

Don't they say something along the lines of preparation is key, or something to that effect.

One must also include in this, "check any engine mods you have done religiously when trying out something new!"

Half way through the first race of the day my engine got very very noisy to where it sounded like one of the cam chain guides had shat itself. What is was the piston grinding against the edge of the cylinder wall as one of the brass buches and aluminum bullets had ...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast