View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Should have kept my Kawasaki

Ok, so I have a Hyosung 250 '07 (carby). Riding to university the last few times (once on the motorway), the engine just stops. Nothing. Tach reads zero, speedo reading 20, 60, 90 kph each time it died. No problem, just push the starter and off we go down the road again. You get used to this sort of thing after a year with the Hyosuck. My guess is faulty stand sensor. Read up on KB that someone had similar issues. Dealership said it was chain grease on the sensor. The other day I took it off, cleaned ...
  2. GN250 engine swap question

I'm buying a secondhand engine for my 83 GN and was wondering if anyone knew whether or not a 2007 engine would bolt straight in or any engine for that matter. Are all GNs the same in that respect? A mate and I will be doing it ourselves and don't have the necessary tools to customize the frame. Any help on this would be great cheers
  3. Scooter Safari Countdown

TEN SLEEPS!

TIme to make sure my bike's back in one piece after Squiggles' tinkering over the past few weeks. Named 'Alice' after the rock song, she got famous the other day:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-herald...Ride-on-Hanne/

1979 c50, foot clutch, pretty much 49cc of pure awesomeness. 250km over Arthur's Pass in late May should be a breeeeeeze!

If you're in the wrong island or can't make it to the event in person, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4886.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	778.5 KB 
ID:	263763   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4812.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	847.9 KB 
ID:	263764  
  4. What size road bike should I buy (or should I buy a 1000cc bike)?

I've come to realise if you ask this question then your approaching the problem from the wrong angle.

There is something known as the man-machine interface. The basic concept is that your sensory experiences can be extended by tools.

For example, while operating a hammer your senses can extend to where the face of the hammer strikes the nail. You don't think of how you operate your hand, but instead of how the hammer will strike. Once your interface has extended ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Travel blog of SEA

I have had a few requests to do a blog of what I am doing. As I don't want to use Facebook for this I am trying this

I have decided to try living in SEA (south east Asia) for a few years. I have traveled here many times and have found it is my favourite place to be next to New Zealand.
    It also has my Thai girlfriend which is a big part of the reason for trying this.

I have an apartment in Jomtien beach which is near the infamous "Pattaya" but also away from it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. The border to Al Hoceima

Border to Al Hoceima

As nothing was open at the border and I really did not want to hang around, I headed for Chefchaouen, about 100km in the Rif Mountains.

The single lane road was busy with smoky buses and trucks, potholed, being repaired and waiting for repair. As I climbed, the temperature dropped and the wind rose , but after about 90 minutes I had my first glance of the town.

Chefchaouen is the tourist face of the area that supplies around 40% ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. the Moroccan border

The Border

I awoke with the sun and an audience of five stray dogs , I made a brew, packed up and headed for the Moroccan border. Ceuta is a pretty town with duty free petrol and a razor wire fence surrounding it to keep out illegal economic migrants.

I was waved through the Spanish checkpoint and girded myself for Moroccan authorities. I had read about the touts posing as officials and extracting money to “assist” you to enter Morocco. I planned to do it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. bexhill to ceuta

The plan for the journey to the Spanish enclave of Ceuta on Morocco's coast involved three ferries. The first was from Newhaven to Dieppe, across the turgid and turdy English Channel .
    Catching a ferry only 50km into the trip means you can cast aside early along with the mooring ropes your previous routines. You now have to invent, find, refine a whole new set of standards. You have to be more aware, sharper, sometimes cautious and get into a mind set that allows you to accept ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast