View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Setting Objectives And Achieving

by , 30th October 2011 at 08:36 (Motorcycling and An Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD))
    For those of you that know me, know that I took up motorcycle riding for the first time when I was well into my 50's in 2006, and last year when I sold my last bike, I took up guitar lessons (oh and by the way I bought another bike this last May).

Well motorcycling was a personal objective "never done it before so give it a go", guitar - my parents bought me a guitar when I was very young but the navy got in the way and I didn't carry on the interest back then.

Today, ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  2. Forgotten world Highway and a lap of Lake Taupo

A race meeting in Taupo, a favourable forecast, and the forgotten world highway. Sounded like a plan; what could go wrong?

Off I went towards Stratford on my wee-strom under a cloud filled overcast morning, filled up with unleaded and headed onto SH43 aka The Forgotten World Highway. Open sweepers lead on to tighter turns before hitting the first of the 3 saddles this side of Whangamomona. Too soon it seemed, I was passing the hotel and heading out to to Tahoma saddle. I managed ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Akaroa Cop (part 2)

Right, for those of you who are interested (if you're not stop reading now) in what actually happened in Akaroa - here goes.....(deep breath) It was a beautiful Monday and myself and 4 other bikers decided to go to Akaroa for a relaxing ride/lunch. We got there and had a nice lunch at a local establishment that was dominated by a group of grossly intoxicated locals accosting young women off the cruise ships and yelling obscenities at them if they didn't stop and pay the drunken idiots some attention. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Akaroa Cop - ticketing bikes on footpaths

Quote Originally Posted by Bikemad View Post
    ding ding............round two............c'mon lyle...........what ya got??

lol Bikemad.

Nope I have said my piece thx.

Safe considerate riders all welcome over here.

Cheers all.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The long awaited return of Jessica (21/10/2011)

After countless days of waiting (Ok, about 53 days – it may as well have been an eternity) and a few phone calls, countless jibes from others saying the bike was on the Rena (yes, they all thought it was funny and they were the first to say it) I got the phone call from Ken mid Friday morning I had been waiting for.

Documents were being sent to him by the shipper, he would forward them to me, and I would take them to Mainfreight in Otahuhu, pay some fees and collect the lovely Jessica. ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02933.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	249267   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02934.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	249268   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02935.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	249269   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02936.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	249270   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02937.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	149.6 KB 
ID:	249271   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02938.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	249272  
  6. The journey ahead and the beaten path travelled..

It's been over a year now that i threw my leg over my ZZR and went off happily into the inner city traffic that Auckland has to offer. I look back with a smile, admiring how far I have come and what I have learnt along the way. I remember when nearly everyday i would be bitching about some car driver cutting me off or doing something stupid and nearly killing me etc.. and it's dawned on me that it hasn't happened in a long, long time, I have learnt to be aware of the situations around me and anticipate ...
  7. New-Beaut-Black-Beauty

I picked up the new bike yesterday. It’s a pre-loved 2011 Honda ST1300 with (2700Km) ….3,300Km on it now as I picked it up in Auckland and rode it home. Cam was a champ, delivering the bike to the airport so all I had to do was fly in at 1400, swap the cheques for the keys and change of ownership papers, walk to the carpark and there it was.

Pristine! It’s funny how a new-beaut-black-beauty, even with a bit of road grime from getting to the airport, looks pristine and new-beaut…and ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-10-17002.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	194.8 KB 
ID:	248882   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-10-17001.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	197.0 KB 
ID:	248881   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-10-17003.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	248883   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-10-17005.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	248884   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-10-17006.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	189.9 KB 
ID:	248885  
  8. FFS not again ... AMCC Round 1 @ Hampton Downs

AMCC Round 1 at Hampton Downs signalled the start of Summer racing and the first race for me since Paeroa in February, 8 months ago.

This time I planned to get an unusually early start so that we're not rushed even if something doesn't quite go as it should so I'd set my alarm for 5:30am. That's an insane time to be awake. On the average work day my body might be walking around but my brain isn't awake until about 10:00am. Even then that's only after some breakfast ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast