View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Progress Update

Time for an update me thinks...

Yes, the project is still going.
    The engine is rebuilt and fully mounted.
    Chambers are connected just require the rear hangers to be completed.
    Carbs are ready.
    Reeds are coming.
    Fuel tap has been located.
    Sprockets are ordered and ready to pick up.
    Some bodywork has been found - missing a small piece from the tail fairing and a top fairing.

That's the good news.

Now the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1723.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	316.0 KB 
ID:	217345  
  2. Saturday Yep got to give the monster its head, or ill loose what little sanity I have

Quote Originally Posted by John_H View Post
    Anyone keen for a ride this Saturday, weather so far says it's going to be fine.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Nelson to Picton to Kaikoura to St Arnoud to Kawatiri and back to Nelson.

Nelson to Picton to Kaikoura to St Arnoud to Kawatiri and back to Nelson.

I rode through to Kaikoura on Saturday (can recommend Lyell Creek Lodge backpackers) and so on Sunday morning rode back to Renwick up the Wairau River and up to Kawatiri. Met some others and went to St Arnoud for a coffee and cake.
    Jeff and Paul being keen adventure riders admonished me for being so scared of dirt and tried to tell me I would be a better rider if I got a dirt bike! Huh!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Undertaking = temporary kiwi for sure

Had a wonderful day out riding on Saturday - lots of bikes out stretching their legs (good to see) just a heads up to the idiot on the old Indian on gebbies pass saturday 28th - "undertaking" is called that for a reason ..... is a sure fire guaranteed way to ensure you meet an "undertaker" in his/her official capacity sooner than you probably need too..... And continuing to undertake other motorcyclists at intersections is yet again increasing your odds..... Pity really - the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. First Day back on bike and first ride on my VTR250

Quote Originally Posted by Greentea View Post
    Thanks gijoe1313, very patientlt explained every thing all over again to me (from how to start a bike, where is the cluch,... forgot all of that)I was on gijoe1313's little hornet first and then my dear VTR, well his hornet has high engine sound, like im going 100k, but brake is very smooth. My VTR is easy to start but brake is bit rough.
    When I did practice little up hill riding on my own bike, throttle bit too much, felt like i was going over the fence, so i have to make brake,
  6. Oh Rangi, how I love thee!

by , 29th August 2010 at 18:54 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)

I love my little Rangi.
    Just thought I'd share the love I have for my bucket.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. The Drought's Broken…Again!

I’m certainly racking-up plenty of wet weather riding in preparation for this year’s Grand Challenge and hopefully this will be a good omen that we are in for a dry ride this year….or not! It’s certainly not doing much for turnouts on club rides though and today was no exception.

The program was set for gravel and road options, with the dirt-trackers to nip up the Waiohine Gorge, then Mt Dick before heading for lunch at Wild Oats in Carterton, while the roadies would get there via ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  8. Looking for a good man...

....Woman, child, grandma, stunt animal...to teach me how to do a wheelie...I won't rest until I have done one! I actually met two young guys in a pick up truck while I was stopped at a red light, while I was on my Ninja and he stuck his head out the windah and asked me if I was going to "pop it up" for him...I don't have a penis so I was assuming my bike wheelie-ing...was what he meant

I was embarrased to say, I didn't know how to do one, he quickly offered to jump on the back of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast