View RSS Feed

rustic101

Wellington Motorcycle - Service - Update 26/02/10 Great News

Rate this Entry
Hi Team,

I have received an email from the co-owner of Wellington Motorcycles. Pasted below is a direct copy of that email... Today (26/02/10) I received a refund cheque for $247.58. To Steve and Wellington Motorcycles thank you for admitting fault and rectifying this.

I have however decline the next service at Wellington Mototcycles.

------

Hi Kenneth; after reviewing your service work it has come to my attention, that you have had the valve clearances checked at 12000 km as has been the case on previous models, which had the clearances checked at both 12000 and 24000 kms, Suzuki had rescheduled the need for this to be carried out on your model, and set the first requirement for checking the valve clearances at 24000 kms, unfortunately our service writer did not pickup on this, and subsequently gave the mechanic the advice to check the valve clearances ahead of the recommended schedule, I apologize for this and will arrange the credit for this work carried out, should you wish to return your bike at the 24000 kms we would be happy to carry out the valve clearance check at no charge, I again would offer as previously discussed to look at your other concerns, feel free at any time to stop by and see myself or our service manager Bruce Lewis,

---------

Submit "Wellington Motorcycle - Service - Update 26/02/10 Great News" to Digg Submit "Wellington Motorcycle - Service - Update 26/02/10 Great News" to del.icio.us Submit "Wellington Motorcycle - Service - Update 26/02/10 Great News" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wellington Motorcycle - Service - Update 26/02/10 Great News" to Google Submit "Wellington Motorcycle - Service - Update 26/02/10 Great News" to reddit Submit "Wellington Motorcycle - Service - Update 26/02/10 Great News" to Facebook

Comments

Why would you decline? Seems like they are pretty kosher to me. They admit fault and refund money paid. A valve clearance check for free at 24000k's for free and your turning it down? Why?
    Yea ,why ,I'd be up it like a robbers dog its a big job for free?
    Must be something we haven't been told. Did you end up with a defect on the bike (warped brake disc etc) that took them ages to fix?

It happened to my brother with his Raptor and Street and Sport in CHCH. From what he's said I'd never buy a bike from them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth123
    Why would you decline? Seems like they are pretty kosher to me. They admit fault and refund money paid. A valve clearance check for free at 24000k's for free and your turning it down? Why?
    There were other items they failed to adjust etc if you read the earlier posts... In short I have no trust in their workmanship