View RSS Feed

buggsubique

So why do I need to blog?

Rate this Entry
I guess I'll find out soon enough, so like a few things I've done in life, I'll charge right in and see where it gets me...not that I'm expecting it to get me anywhere. Kinda like a dear diary I s'pose...mixed with a loudhailer...to anybody willing to listen. Kinda queer I reckon.

Been stuck in Oz for the last 6 weeks in Puckapunyal, about an hour and a half north of Melbourne. Army course. I won't bore you with all the details but suffice to say I'm hanging out to get home to the wife and kids and bike 7 days from now.

A bit shitty cos I missed early autumn and the last few weeks of riding before the rains hit. Trying to get over myself a bit and harden the f*ck up for when I get back and need to commute in the wellington rain every Monday and Fri to the airport to get back to Blenheim. Hopefully won't be too long before wife resigns and comes over with the kids, but not expecting that to happen till maybe Oct, possibly December.

Got a small amount of maint to do on the bike when I get back which the boys will no doubt be keen to help with - just gotta tweak the exhaust valve on the rear pot, put a final coat on the engine bars and put on a couple of new chain guides. Dang old bikes and their expensive parts from europe...But hey, an Africa Twin is worth it right?

Pining to get out on a 2-3 day tour but might have to get on to the heated grips issue sooner rather than later... Maybe a ride up to Katikati is on order to see the olds...and the grand-olds...

Well, the mood is pretty sombre here in no-mans-land so There it is. First post, more to follow once my blood starts flowing again in the land of the long grey cloud with a 750 V twin growling along in the gravel...

Cheers, Buggs

Submit "So why do I need to blog?" to Digg Submit "So why do I need to blog?" to del.icio.us Submit "So why do I need to blog?" to StumbleUpon Submit "So why do I need to blog?" to Google Submit "So why do I need to blog?" to reddit Submit "So why do I need to blog?" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

What have you done to the engine?have you just had it overhauled?
    nah nothing major, just adjusted the valve clearances. rear exhaust was a tad tight so put her back in spec but now noticed a decline in top end power...not sure what's going on there. Runs fine though, but just runs out of puff past about 140 where it used to pull to 170.