View RSS Feed

KiwiPhoenix

Biker chick is back....

Rate this Entry
As the title says, the biker chick is back. Was away for a while after a wee accident involving the bike, long story short, don't try starting the bike whilst it's in gear. They don't seem to like that! Have myself 2 small fractures in my right tibial plateau Got the all clear to start riding again about a month ago..... so cue, waiting on bank account being healthy (can it ever be) and getting the bike back up and running.

So not having ridden for about 10 months, I'm rusty to say the least..... so I spent all of last week trying to get him up and running. I say trying as it was a job and a half till someone (actually a few folk) pipe up, have you checked the spark plugs! Nope, but very glad I did. They were black!!! So a new set in and yep, fired first time. So with some fresh oil and fresh fuel, off we go.

Now there is one huge difference, I've lost a lot of weight, 26kg to be exact in the last 10 months and I knew this would affect how I handled him, and boy was I right! Thankfully I'm stronger than I was but by goodness the bike feels very strange! I'm having to learn all over again, which is actually a good thing.

Who knew that having to drive in peak time traffic would get your confidence up again! LOL Done some town riding, mainly to get the WOF done but by goodness, I have some wonderful Popeye muscles going on in my left arm with the clutch!

I've got the Magpie this weekend so a nice short ride there and back to break me in again, get the confidence back in the sweeping corners. I'm looking forward to it but nervous as heck. Will be interesting to see how he handles and how he is running....

Will pop up a ride report after the weekend!

Submit "Biker chick is back...." to Digg Submit "Biker chick is back...." to del.icio.us Submit "Biker chick is back...." to StumbleUpon Submit "Biker chick is back...." to Google Submit "Biker chick is back...." to reddit Submit "Biker chick is back...." to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good luck on the recovery..we have all been there at some point..well I have anyway!