View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. NZSBK Round 3 @ Taupo

In December I was going to do the Suzuki Series round at Hampton Downs then decide if I wanted to go on and have a stab at the NZSBK round in Taupo this year but, unfortunately, I got bowled by a nasty chest infection followed closely by weeks of neck pain so bad I blacked out at work. So my plan through to the end of March had been ruined but I decided I might as well have a go at the NZSBK round anyway.

At the ...
  2. Another mid week ride....

Had a bad day what better way to get over it than thrashing the bike

Went down Mangiti Rd and Te Akau Warf Rd to look out over Raglan Harbor to Raglan, had a close call with a semi on Mangiti Rd just had enough room to squeeze down the side of it and stay upright. Mangiti Rd has just had fresh gravel layed on it so it got a bit sketchy with the pressure I had in the tyres, let them down a bit then had me some fun

3. Sherp Derpy Derp

anyway another boring post here's a picture of it at the new Waitawa regional park out kawakawa bay way

boring update #1; had the oil drain plug fixed by botany honda, turns out it had already been helicoiled before and was rooted, so plucked that out and added a new one in, will always need some form of sealant to stop it from leaking as can't put enough tension on ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  4. AMCC Round 5 @ Hampton Downs

The Cliffhanger Hill Climb is a great fun event. Unfortunately this year we lost a good man at it. Kevin "Wharfy" Waugh died of injuries sustained in a crash while competing. He was a gentle, decent, sincere man who was willing to stand up when he saw something wrong. He was passionate about injustices, political and environmental issues. Respected by friends and loved by family but for me Wharfy was an inspiration because he ...
  5. Home adv ride

Nice day and I had little else to do, so I thought I'd do a bit of adv.

Forgot to turn on the tracking thingy so you'll just have to use a map and provided road names If you want to try these roads... They link up pretty easy and were quite bloodly good not far from Hamilton or even Auckland, haven't seen anyone else mentioning them

Started the adv from Story road off Tahuna rd, some nice twisty seal in this area thats worth riding too. First 'good' road was ...
  6. Motorcycling on Vancouver Island

A DAYS MOTORCYCLING ON VANCOUVER ISLAND

1. Just before Christmas 2013 we had been planning a trip to Canada and up to Alaska. Taking into account the distance and time to make it worth-while we had booked out three weeks. That left us with eight days at the end to tour Vancouver Island and then to travel through the Rocky Mountains to Jasper and Banff,

2. I had checked out motorcycle rentals in both Vancouver and Victoria, and then flagged the matter as being ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. TT 2000 Continued

Day 3 Sunday 23 February
    As planned I was up at 4 am and on the Road at 4.20 am heading out of Blenheim onto SH 63 towards St Arnaud on the shore of Lake Rotoiti at Nelson Lakes. When I left Blenheim it was a barmy 18 degrees. I dressed accordingly The ST has a temperature gauge and I watched the gauge plummet to down to 10 degrees and I began to notice the cold. I pulled in at the photo check point at the jetty at Lake Rotoiti. It was pitch black. Try as I might I couldn't get a photo of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. AMCC Round 4 @ Hampton Downs

This year's Paeroa had been a lot of fun even though it was cut short. However, I'd had to set the bike up so that it was stable as I don't have a steering damper and the last time this bike had been to Paeroa it had suffered from lots of head shakes.

To quicken the steering I lifted the forks up through the triple clamps by 8mm then measured the static and rider sag, adjusting preload as necessary. However, it ...