View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Bikes out of Aus

Hello
    I'm based in Brisbane & Mannheim have auctions regularly for bikes
    Anyone want anything checked out, let me know
    I can also organise shipping but bikes must be able to be ridden on the ship
    http://www.manheim.com.au/recreation
    I've been around bikes for a while & the car here only gets used for grocery shopping
    I can also supply Metalgear brake parts & Esjot sprockets direct
    Bill
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. More Prepping

Last week was my last big prep ride for the North Island 1600, but I've had another busy week including a couple more rides.

On Thurday I had a seminar to go to in Palmy, so naturally, I had to go on the bike even though the weather was looking to be marginal....in fact, I needed to go on the bike because the weather was marginal. I hadn't looked at the bike since dragging myself off it on Sunday and although I knew the front tyre was getting down, I was surprised to see how quick ...
  3. Super Sherp out - DRZ in

sold the little green tractor and picked up an as new, 2013 DRZ400SM from an guy who rode it for 1900km then put it in the shed for 8 months

anyway, first few rides, bike is riding great, supermoto wheels are amazingly sticky, Stock tank was getting about 140KM of spirited riding before going to reserve which was not enough so the first of many mods to bring the bike to a more offroad/adventury style ride : Safari 17L tank

Categories
    Personal entry
  4. Riding In The Rain...and Cold....and Night (must be Spring madness)

I had the bike serviced last week and also now have a pair of Z8's waiting to fit. The Z8 on the front had about 9,000km on it with perhaps 2-3.000km left and the PR4 on the rear only has 3,000km on it. However Having decided to replace both prior to the North Island 1600, I needed to rack-up some km to chew out the front and wear as much as possible on the rear.

Having done 3 conditioning rides of 375, 740 & 490 km, I wanted to do at least one more of about 1,000km,....plus whatever ...
  5. How does everyone else keep their bike safe?

I recently had my bike stolen from me…. It had no w.o.f. or registration but looked like it did have no idea what happened between when it left the property and when I found it (was down the road in a concrete sewer pipe in one of the local park's) Anyway Now I have it back I have started to strip it down. Will be getting her ready for w.o.f. and ergo but while she's in pieces I have decided to paint everything…. so out came engine paint exhaust paint wheels are going to be sent off to be powder ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized