View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Lessons and A Milestone Comes into View.

Two weeks further on and finally feeling that the first milestone is just around the corner…having the bike registered and getting number plates!! :-)

I’d been struggling to refit the gearbox to the bell-housing, not being able to centre everything just right for it to slide back together. So, using the dimensions given in my Haynes manual, Mace Engineering machined a tool to help centre ...
  2. First Blog Post

Testing this Blog thing to see how it works

Saturday Morning Ride 19/07/14
    Ride report (part 1)

Its Saturday and still dark, best gear up to the hilt as its 2deg on the coastal hill of home (sure to be colder on the flats)
    Wheel KT down the drive to be svelte and try to jump start her just in case battery is reluctant, bike skids and burbles into life then stops,

O well kick her in the guts on the starter then, bam no problems, and wait ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pictures 165.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	811.2 KB 
ID:	299342   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pictures 172.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	668.5 KB 
ID:	299340   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pictures 169.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	775.9 KB 
ID:	299341   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pictures 182.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	784.0 KB 
ID:	299338   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pictures 176.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	561.7 KB 
ID:	299339   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pictures 183.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	764.1 KB 
ID:	299343  
  3. Sometimes We Ride In The Rain.

Hmmm....7 weeks between blogs is just about getting as bad as Gremlin! ...and what's worse is, I can't say I've really been for a ride!

I have been doing some big hours at work with weekends required to keep up and a few weeks ago I could feel myself getting twitchy, so a ride was needed, but with time being at a premium and because I couldn't be bothered doing the 30+Km to get to the Rimutakas for a fang.....I just settled for a liesurely scoot over to Makara, then back and around ...
  4. Project Dream Beemer - Challenges

God, it's the beginning of July already! Winter seems to have set in with dreary grey days on end and none of the exciting stuff like snow or electrical storms. In my last post Mike the auto-sparky had been for his second visit to rewire the bike and return it as much as possible to 'factory' wiring. The idea being to establish a known starting point and see what improvement, if any, it made to the way the bike was running. So...

Re-connecting the fan and thermo-sensor seems to have ...
  5. Hamilton MCC Round 2 @ Hampton Downs

At the first round of the Hamilton MCC Series I'd had my first ever Pole position and came away with some great results. Turns out I'd also ended up making a couple of decent bloopers as well. First, I forgot to pick up my race licence before leaving the track. Worse, I'd put the excess petrol in the fuel jug into the bikes petrol tank while it was sitting on the trailer and I'd forgotten to put the fuel cap back on. So I drove all the way ...
  6. IAM Observer Test (10/07/2014)

If If’s and An’s were pots and pans, then I’d have a whole pile more blog posts than I do. Suffice to say my blogging has been crap in the last year or so.

I blogged my IAM Initial Assessment round April 2012, a monthly ride in May 2012, and then nothing, so I should probably update you on that. Around May/June 2013 I passed the IAM Advanced Test, making myself a full member. In August/September I was part of the 2013 Trainee Observer intake, essentially, right back into being ...